Bladder Shyness

ToonFan97

Slightly awkward diaper boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
This is something I've dealt with for quite a while, and it seems to affect me when I wear diapers too, if slightly differently. Public restrooms have bothered me for the longest time. I'll go out of my way to avoid using them if possible, and I'll only go #2 in them if I absolutely have to, in which case I'll thoroughly cover the seat before I even sit down. And even when just going #1, I'll still choose to use a stall if I can. It's partially my agoraphobia kicking in, in that I hate being in such an exposed, vulnerable position out in the open, and being in a stall helps counter that... But I also do it because if there's someone else there, it's REALLY hard for me to pee. It's not impossible, but I really have to concentrate, to the point where it's just easier to wait.

This seems to affect how I currently am with diapers. On the occasion where I've worn one and attempted to wet it, I've really struggled to get a stream going, whether I'm wearing chastity or not. It's probably my body just being thrown off by the location change. But my daddy plans to keep me in them 24/7 once we're together, so I'd like to be able to get over this annoying hump and have my body be comfortable with peeing into a diaper instead of the toilet.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated and kept in mind for the future. :giggle:

I can relate on the bladder shyness thing when in a public restroom. It's very difficult to go and requires a lot of concentration when I am in that situation. Like you, I also tend to head for the stall.

As far as bladder shyness and diapers, hmmmm :unsure: I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is the same exact deal i.e. actual bladder shyness. I think what you may be facing is the disconnect and repression that comes from your body and mind being used to potty-training and not as used to going in diapers. This is often what is referred to as the Potty-Training Block and it can be quite difficult to overcome for both wetting and messing. I myself still struggle with this block from time to time when it comes to messing my diaper.

However, when it comes to wetting my diapers, I'm a pro :D No shyness, always a steady stream, can wet in any position, so on and so forth :)

I think the best way to navigate the block is to simply wear more often, to keep yourself hydrated and to have some confidence in your diapers, they'll always bail you out ;)

Of course, something that I found helpful when I was just starting out was focussing on something other than wetting. For instance, if I felt the urge to wet, I would just focus on something else, like playing with toys, sucking my paci or nursing a baba. I found that doing this made wetting feel much more natural and I was less tense when it came time to wet, more prone to just let it go :)

Hopefully, this helps :) I know many others have faced something similar, so they'll probably give their feedback and tips as well ;)

Reactions: psychonautalis and ToonFan97
I get you mate, I have a very shy bladder as well. If at home in a diaper its not much of a problem anymore, but with my work in the merchant marine where we get alcohol/drug inspections once in a while its a total nightmare. Some stranger of a doctor comes on-board and "piss-in-a-cup time" is announced. Last time was a nightmare and I barely made it until the doctor left lol. But as Poofybutt said, practice makes perfect. It will come eventually

Thanks for the tips, I didn't think it would take much that was very complicated. My mind tends to make things seem like they'll be more of a challenge than they end up being.

I get you mate, I have a very shy bladder as well. If at home in a diaper its not much of a problem anymore, but with my work in the merchant marine where we get alcohol/drug inspections once in a while its a total nightmare. Some stranger of a doctor comes on-board and "piss-in-a-cup time" is announced. Last time was a nightmare and I barely made it until the doctor left lol. But as Poofybutt said, practice makes perfect. It will come eventually

Oh my god, that DOES sound like a nightmare. I only ever had to do a drug test once, fairly recently, but thankfully I had a private bathroom nearby to go in, so it wasn't so bad.

I wish I could help there. If I hear running water I have to pee all the time. I just lean outside in front of mailbox and make like I am reading or something and just let it out. I have never been pee shy, even when I was young. I could be standing at a red light and pee my diaper right there. It takes getting used to I guess.

i can relate too, i also can't go if i hear people talking outside the bathroom, or hear people walking around. and can't go in diapers, I've been trying for years to go in diapers by stuffing them or pour water in them.

I’m also very shy, if I ever use a urinal, no one else has to be near me or I totally lock up. I always opt for a stall no matter what and the only public bathrooms I will use are at university because at least they are clean to a degree and not used as much. When I’m wearing a diaper I find it hard to wet with others around and sometimes take a while.

Back