Bladder amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So i have been a bedwetter pretty much all of my life now 23. So i am currently on a vacation with two friends off roading and i have noticed in the morning not being weird but i can here how long they pee for; now i most likely used my diaper and dont have to pee but when i do I noticed my amount is about half of theres and we are all about the same age and so on. So is there a normal amount of pee i should be able to like hold for my age? And I definitely need a diaper if i go on any trips longer then hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it sounds like as you have had this problems for many years that yore bladder size have shrunk due to its constant release so to say (i defenetly had my bladder size shrunk since my IC started to get worse ) also you have to count in the actual amount of liquid you al have consumed.

And last as you describe this im afraid you seem to have developed URGE Urine IC so if you haven't already a trip to the doc wouldn't hurt to check that nothing is wrong either . And also get prepared for IF things go even further south so to say. NOT want to scare you but my Urine IC started that way (- the bed wetting more constant leakage and STRONG urge with NO warning )

Missy1 said:
To me it sounds like as you have had this problems for many years that yore bladder size have shrunk due to its constant release so to say (i defenetly had my bladder size shrunk since my IC started to get worse ) also you have to count in the actual amount of liquid you al have consumed.

And last as you describe this im afraid you seem to have developed URGE Urine IC so if you haven't already a trip to the doc wouldn't hurt to check that nothing is wrong either . And also get prepared for IF things go even further south so to say. NOT want to scare you but my Urine IC started that way (- the bed wetting more constant leakage and STRONG urge with NO warning )

Similar to me. I had slight day time dribbling then my bedwetting started and now I can't really control my bladder and am dependant on nappies.

(sigh) yeah as i sed in another thread im just waiting for my flipping complete urine IC as well already on Nocturia SO .... and day time is getting worse every day :frown:

I should ad tho reg bed wetting i did both day and night many times occasionally as VERY young girl tho

Missy1 said:
(sigh) yeah as i sed in another thread im just waiting for my flipping complete urine IC as well already on Nocturia SO ....

There has been many times where the randomness of my bladder has lead to similar thoughts about how it would be easier to be predictably wet rather than always planning and alert to possible worst case accidents.

To OP (Branden), Over time your bladder's elasticity can shrink if it empties on small amounts. However, everyones' bladder size is different. Think of it this way (positive), a lower capacity bladder means you can wear a more discreet protection as a 'full bladder' is not as much urine. BTW what I've read is the adult bladder holds about 550-800 ml though the urge to empty can be around 150-300 ml.

I don’t usually notice how much I pee bc I’m incontinent so im nappies 24/7 but I think its around half to a third of how much normal people pee based on how many times I can wet my nappies compared to how much I read other people can. But my bladder doesn’t hold much and if I have a drink I will pee like 4 times in an hour sometimes.

pastel said:
I don’t usually notice how much I pee bc I’m incontinent so im nappies 24/7 but I think its around half to a third of how much normal people pee based on how many times I can wet my nappies compared to how much I read other people can. But my bladder doesn’t hold much and if I have a drink I will pee like 4 times in an hour sometimes.

Daytime im at roughly 50 -100 Ml / each time i have to go. Nighttime roughly 300 Ml / Night SO as you Pastel its obvious that my bladder capacity has decreed more then half of what s normal & as you i have to pee multiple times within the hour(usely WAY before that ) after drinking any liquid

Missy1 said:
Daytime im at roughly 50 -100 Ml / each time i have to go. Nighttime roughly 300 Ml / Night SO as you Pastel its obvious that my bladder capacity has decreed more then half of what s normal & as you i have to pee multiple times within the hour(usely WAY before that ) after drinking any liquid

I pee way more at night when asleep, usually soaking my nappies and wetting the bed.

ST50 said:
I pee way more at night when asleep, usually soaking my nappies and wetting the bed.

That sounds terrible dear (gasp ) arnt there ANY diapers that can help contain during the night ?

I have urge incontinence. I noticed in the beginning that I would need to urinate 5 to 6 times a day. I told my doctor and he checked me for diabetes, and once that was ruled out, I was told to empty my bladder more fully. I tried this without much success. I noticed that the amount of urine is becoming much less, I do not measure it but the total amount during the day is within normal quantity. I have been wearing diapers full time for almost 6 months, prior to that I did take breaks to see if I could be more urine continent by trying to hold it for longer periods of time. The pain from holding it to try to stretch my bladder was excruciating and prone to embarrassing leaks.

alwayz said:
I have urge incontinence. I noticed in the beginning that I would need to urinate 5 to 6 times a day. I told my doctor and he checked me for diabetes, and once that was ruled out, I was told to empty my bladder more fully. I tried this without much success. I noticed that the amount of urine is becoming much less, I do not measure it but the total amount during the day is within normal quantity. I have been wearing diapers full time for almost 6 months, prior to that I did take breaks to see if I could be more urine continent by trying to hold it for longer periods of time. The pain from holding it to try to stretch my bladder was excruciating and prone to embarrassing leaks.

I have urge IC too but when I do try to go I don't produce much urine and still feel like I have a full bladder. I get the pain too sometimes when I do try to pee and sometimes if I try to hold. And sometimes it stings when I try to establish a urine stream. If I don't try to go though I often leak and sometimes lose control. In the middle of the night I often get up to go because I feel I have to go but then I cant. Its very frustrating. I have neurology problems and have been told this is likely affecting my bladder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember who the study was done by, but I remember the results were an average adult male has a bladder capacity of 400 to 600 ml.

A seperate study thry talked about also showed it takes every mammal from a house cat to an elelhant, 21 seconds to empty a full bladder.

Who the heck figures out studies like this need to be done, and who funds them anyways....

I can't remember who the study was done by, but I remember the results were an average adult male has a bladder capacity of 400 to 600 ml.

Actually what ive found ( professional articles ) is that there isent that mush of a difference between male and female blather capacity ether

Who the heck figures out studies like this need to be done, and who funds them anyways....

Yes indeed i agree Slomo

Like some of the responders, I have urge incontinence as well that translates to bladder voids (planned and otherwise) on average of 8 - 20 times a day depending on ambient temperatures, time of day, activity, and intake. So, my tolerance is variable (25 ml to 250 ml) when I can measure. For instance, mornings are worse in accidents and tolerance. This is where my bladder aches the most and is more prone to leaking. Also, temperature shifts and vibrations are, sigh, wet.

Yeah Missy1, I don't recall reading of gender differences in capacity either. Tolerance is different.

Capacity and tolerance are two different concepts that we interchange in conversations - I do often. Capacity is factored by age, and to an extent BMI and is basically the physical space available. Tolerance is what one accepts, and is influenced by factors such as capacity, anatomy, diet, social, and stress to name a few (there are others). Anatomy can factor into frequency and volume more for females (at least what literature searches I've read) thus more occurrences of stress related issues for females.

daylight said:
Yeah Missy1, I don't recall reading of gender differences in capacity either. Tolerance is different.

Capacity and tolerance are two different concepts that we interchange in conversations - I do often. Capacity is factored by age, and to an extent BMI and is basically the physical space available. Tolerance is what one accepts, and is influenced by factors such as capacity, anatomy, diet, social, and stress to name a few (there are others). Anatomy can factor into frequency and volume more for females (at least what literature searches I've read) thus more occurrences of stress related issues for females.

Yes this is what i have concluded as well

Yes this would defenetly be the case in my case being born with MBD (Minimal brain dysfunction) and MANY of the common 100 + side diagnosis usely accompanying sed diagnose ) some of them Depression disorder .Anxiety disorder ad to that a rough start in life with LOTS of negative stress

Slomo said:

A seperate study thry talked about also showed it takes every mammal from a house cat to an elelhant, 21 seconds to empty a full bladder.

21 seconds? Wow, thats pretty precise. I guess it means at full stream though. It sometimes takes a bit to get that going. Years ago I was told that it takes 25 to 30 seconds for a bladder to empty while your asleep. In that case I guess gravity is doing all the work.

There are two things I think I can add to this thread. The physical size of your bladder is one factor. Some people just have larger or smaller bladders than others. The other is the point at which your bladder muscles contract so hard that you can't hold it any longer. Again, most continent adults can hold hundreds of ml of urine before they really need to go. If you visit a urologist, which I suggest anyone who is having bladder issues do, they might run tests to measure both your bladder size and your urine capacity before and after you pee. This is called urodynamics. In my case, I hold about 100-120 ml at which point my bladder muscles automatically contract and empty my urine. If I'm dehydrated I get there much slower and can sometimes anticipate when I need to go. The vast majority of the time, it's an immediate squeeze, pee in diaper, rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back