Blackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've heard, via mail, about this version of google with black background.
They says it could save an high amount of energy (around 750 megawatt-hours a year).

The link is: http://www.blackle.com

If it can be useful to save energy, why don't use it?

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Somehow I find that difficult to believe. My computer uses x# of kilowatt hours per year...regardless of the sites I visit. What if I never visit google, does that mean I use less energy even tho' my laptop is on 24/7?

That's like saying a 60 watt lightbulb burning in a lamp with a shade uses less energy than a 60 watt 'bare bulb'. LOL

If any of this bunk were true, I'd be savin' tons of kilowatt hrs by using my 'all black' desktop instead of the traditional green-meadow-blue-sky XP deskotp *laughing*

I'm gloomy, but I'm not that gloomy that I want my google to be 'all black'...maybe they can sell it to that goth couple that want to ride the metro wearing leashes tho'.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's been kinda advertised on Spirou which is a French magazine, it's really popular so I trust them if they say it does work. And I don't see the point in wanting to make people believe that if it is indeed hard to believe.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
ofcourse it would work... it takes far less energy for a screen to show black than it does white...

on this same lines... why aren't all webpages black?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Because black is hard to look at and our minds automatically identify black as a foreground and white as a background, which would create a confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.