Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Might not seem too important but there are users who have birthdays that goes unannounced and I was thinking if there would be a small banner underneath a user's profile that displays if their birthday is today so we can wish them the best by either a visitor msg or a PM. Some probably disclosed their birthdays and some have not or don't feel comfortable.

Here's an idea: If you want to be announced, you can activate to have your B-day announced if it comes around or if you don't want anyone to know, then turn it off and feel free to do whatever, hope ADISC technology can handle something that simple :) (If several votes come in)

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
As long as it's opt-in rather than opt-out, which is what I'd expect from any implementation here, it wouldn't bother me.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
IIRC this used to be a feature of the site, except it did not appear underneath usernames. At the bottom of the mainpage of the forum, there was a list of "Birthday's Today". I think it's a nice enough feature. :)

Edit:
Afterthought: It would be best to be a EC+ plus thing perhaps, or at least something only logged in users could see. Just so somebody googling couldn't figure out people's DOBs.

Last edited:

SnowBlitz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I think it's a pretty good idea but having the option to turn it off or on would be great.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I don't really care one way or another but if it is done, it MUST be an opt-in option.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Someone told me once that knowing birthdays can lead to identity theft. Anyone know? If so, I'm not interested.

Jonnythepony

Padded Incon Pony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I would like that. Also having an on/off option couldn't hurt.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Afterthought: It would be best to be a EC+ plus thing perhaps, or at least something only logged in users could see. Just so somebody googling couldn't figure out people's DOBs.

That would be nice, just EC+ and up but everyone deserves the same respect as others so maybe it can be just a register member view thing. You can see it if your only a member?

MarchinBunny

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Someone told me once that knowing birthdays can lead to identity theft. Anyone know? If so, I'm not interested.

Impossible. Identity theft can only be accomplished by using another persons name and/or social security. A birthday alone will not help them because millions of people share the same birthday, assuming we are not including year on to this. If someone knows your age then obviously they can also figure out the year you where born. Even then, that alone again couldn't cause identity theft.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Impossible. Identity theft can only be accomplished by using another persons name and/or social security. A birthday alone will not help them because millions of people share the same birthday, assuming we are not including year on to this. If someone knows your age then obviously they can also figure out the year you where born. Even then, that alone again couldn't cause identity theft.
I think it's a valid concern. Identity theft is merely pretending to be somebody. If I knew your name and address, finding your DOB online could help me pass security questions in various places and gain information such as phone numbers, email addresses, insurance details... the lists goes on. ID theft is not limited to social security numbers. :)

MarchinBunny

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I think it's a valid concern. Identity theft is merely pretending to be somebody. If I knew your name and address, finding your DOB online could help me pass security questions in various places and gain information such as phone numbers, email addresses, insurance details... the lists goes on. ID theft is not limited to social security numbers. :)

You missed the portion where I said "A birthday alone will not help them." Keyword .. alone.

They would have to absolutely know your name or social in order for identity theft to take place.

As for it being a valid concern . .it isn't. Your birthday is shown everywhere and your birthday is never used as a security question by itself. If it was that much of a concern then no one would celebrate each others birthdays because it would be to risky XD.

Edit: Keeping in mind even with a name and birthday it's still hard to steal another persons identity. Most places that could cause identify theft require multiple forms of identification.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
We had something like this long ago, but it was deemed not worth having, and removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.