Biggest Loser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
so my mom is has been trying to motivate me to lose weight because im always like yay okay so hitting the gym this week -____- but i never do!
btw sont think she calls me fat its just ugh i was less but i gained alot of weight in a couple years and its hard for me to lose weight (something to do with a off hormonal balance ,possibly thyroid condition) so i need a push

so she made a deal with me we have 4 weeks to meet our goals our final weigh in will be Aug. 15 and if i meet my goal me and her will jump on a plane to vegas for 3 days and i get to see 3 shows on the 17th :eek: btw ive been dying to see love the cirqu de solei show

so any tips? comments? whatever you want :]

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If you like numbers (I know I do) make a spreadsheet. I have one that I use when I go on a diet that has columns like:

Week # | Weight | Calories Sun .. | .. | Sat | BMR | Loss estimate by BMR | Actual Loss | Total Loss

I set it up so you just enter your calories each day and weight each week and it fills in the rest. I've had good success with it.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
oh wow that sounds uber smart :educate:

thanks for the tip ill try it but i dont know if ill keep with it

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Whenever I have a discipline problem I put myself in a situation where I am forced to complete my goal whether or not I want too.

Maybe you could ask your mom to drop you off a mile or two away from your house so that you're forced to walk home nomatter what. =p

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If you want I will post the spreadsheet, but you will need to adjust the BMR calculations to fit your age/sex/weight/activity level.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
BMR ugh i took high school Foundations im supposed to know this but it was a fly by course with a not so smart teacher -_____- i didnt learn much the test were like 10 multiple choice test besides i just needed the credit :]

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I find that if I just put my shoes on to go running, I'll feel compelled to go running.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
BMR = Basal Metabolic rate. It's just a rough estimate of how many Calories you use on average per day. I use it as a gauge for how many Calories I should be eating to lose weight at a certain rate. It's entirely possible to scrap these calculations entirely, though. You can find the formula pretty easily if you google around for it.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I find it helps to take the temptation away. if you don't have your favorite food in the house, you can't eat it. Find ways to exercise that you would enjoy. I like bike riding.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, right on, dogboy. I find the same thing for myself. Also, I can't buy things in large containers like chips, because I can't trust myself to exercise good enough discretion with them:p. If you can, then kudos hehe. I find I'll set a bag of chips by the computer idly munching one or two.. then I reach down and "hey, the bag's empty!" and I think.. hmm.. I just bought these 2 days ago and that means about +~650Cal/day. Oops.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
so my mom is has been trying to motivate me to lose weight because im always like yay okay so hitting the gym this week -____- but i never do!
btw sont think she calls me fat its just ugh i was less but i gained alot of weight in a couple years and its hard for me to lose weight (something to do with a off hormonal balance ,possibly thyroid condition) so i need a push

so she made a deal with me we have 4 weeks to meet our goals our final weigh in will be Aug. 15 and if i meet my goal me and her will jump on a plane to vegas for 3 days and i get to see 3 shows on the 17th :eek: btw ive been dying to see love the cirqu de solei show

so any tips? comments? whatever you want :]
My tip is wait to go to Vegas until your 21 or at least 18. Despite Vegas being more family friendly these days there's still a lot of "fun" stuff that you can only do when your 21. Mainly gamble and when I say gamble I mean play blackjack.

Anyway I suggest sit-ups and this website call 100 push-ups where the goal is to do 100 push ups at a time within 6 weeks I think. Also swimming is very good exercise too.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
urg i knoww its gonna be especially difficult that i stay home all day so i kinda eat out of boredom :[

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
When I want to drop more weight I walk, I usually walk all winter, You need to set a distance, for me it's 2 miles out, and 2 back, ir you decide to walk around the block you will quit when you hit your house, the first time around.

I set the odometer in the car to 0 and drove 2 miles, that gave me my turn around spot, if you eat a 2000 calorie diet and walk 4 miles a day you will loose about 5 lbs. a week or possible more, I'm older and loose weight slower these days.

I know what I'm talking about when I was 19 I weighed 260lbs, I'm much older now, I have tried everything under the sun to loose weight, and this is the fastest and best way to do it.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
urg i knoww its gonna be especially difficult that i stay home all day so i kinda eat out of boredom :[
The great things about sit-ups and push-ups is you can do there anywhere at anytime. Granted you will look weird doing them in public, anyway my point about that is you can do those at home and in the privacy of your own bedroom. You can also play music from your computer while you do it as well to psych yourself up.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Sneaking out with your friends is good, you have fun and walk reeeaaally far. Also you get your adrenaline flowing and its good for you.

Mountain biking is my favourite, (I broke my bike 2 days ago when I went :( haha I lept off of a pretty high boulder, and when I landed, the rear part of my bike frame bent upwards from the impact... But it looked fricken sweet!)

Swimming (as others said) I hate swimming, but swim 3 hours a day and am the best on my team... ...i hate getting wet :(. Yes, I did try out for that Disney comercial (one of the "Get Fit" ones) but got rejected because I am 6'2 and all the other kids were no more than 5'2. How short do they make em these days!?!?

Oh... Sorry getting off topic.... K bye!

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Swimming is great exercise. I love swimming and I wish I could make it to a pool more often. I wish I could mountain bike more often also, but the course in about 30 minutes away. I've never been to crazy about walking. I just find it boring. As others have said, pusj-ups and sit-ups you can do pretty much anywhere. They are good exercise also.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I want to lose some weight, around 2-4" of chest and waste. Then, because of my height, I'll be able to avoid tax on clothes. Kids Clothes aren't taxed and I'll be fitting into age 15/16 thank you very much.

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
As a wrestler, I know lots of ways to keep your weight down (and kick ass). First, drink lots of water. Like 10 bottles a day. It will flush all the sodium out of you body. Your diet should consist of lots of carbs and some starches. Absolutely no candy or soda or any bullshit like that. The only way to cut that weight is to bust your ass.Run, lift weights, do whatever. It sucks at first, but once you get into shape, you'll start getting addicted. Your body will produce more endorphin and you will feel generally happier all the time. You could even experience a runner's high. For snacks, eat crap like celery, lettuce and tomatoes, since they're mostly water. Did I mention to drink water? 'cause I'm pretty sure I did. Good luck fatso!

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
As a wrestler, I know lots of ways to keep your weight down (and kick ass). First, drink lots of water. Like 10 bottles a day. It will flush all the sodium out of you body. Your diet should consist of lots of carbs and some starches. Absolutely no candy or soda or any bullshit like that. The only way to cut that weight is to bust your ass.Run, lift weights, do whatever. It sucks at first, but once you get into shape, you'll start getting addicted. Your body will produce more endorphin and you will feel generally happier all the time. You could even experience a runner's high. For snacks, eat crap like celery, lettuce and tomatoes, since they're mostly water. Did I mention to drink water? 'cause I'm pretty sure I did. Good luck fatso!
I was gonna say that.

Ah well, like dethklok said, cut back on anything that's unhealthy. I havn't eaten fast food in five years and I havn't had a drop of soda in a year. And drink tons of water everyday. Rigorous excercise increases your thirst, so naturally you'll drink more. I don't know about ten bottles of water (depending on the size of the bottles), but drink a lot.

Remove unhealthy snacks from your house and you won't be tempted to eat them. If you grocery shop, only buy healthy food.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
rawr water that will be my biggest challenge i try to drink a healthy amount but i feel like i cant hold it down after a while

btw: thanks for calling me fatso greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.