Bigger sizes all around

I12BLittle89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I went to Walmart and found all of the new sizes being offered now. Size 8 Pampers Swaddlers, Rascal & Friends size 7, Pull-ups 5T-6T and now Walmart is selling Goodnites XL in small packages for $9 a pack. It may have been $9.99? Can’t remember but cheaper than the $12 at Dollar General or Family Dollar. Cheaper than $14 at Walgreens. Lots of interesting things coming in diaper sizes. If only I could fit anything smaller than XL Goodnites.

These are interesting times for sure

It should also be noted that many size 7 diapers are identical size to size 6 of the gen before. and size 8 swaddlers are identical to size 7 extra protection. That being said there are some diapers that are larger. Like the family dollar kidgets /s 7 and dollar general gentle steps /s 7. I wish they didn't' discontinue the size 8 boundless ones before i got chance to try them >.> they only had those out for few months before dropping them.

Reactions: I12BLittle89
They advertise bigger but are they really bigger? Even Pampers size 7 is the same as Pampers walkers from the 90s
and now 8 is basically the new 7
not sure what their goal is. To show bigger sizes but not really fit anyone bigger?

Reactions: I12BLittle89 and LilByte
SparkyDog said:
They advertise bigger but are they really bigger? Even Pampers size 7 is the same as Pampers walkers from the 90s
and now 8 is basically the new 7
not sure what their goal is. To show bigger sizes but not really fit anyone bigger?
If we are lucky maybe they are just desensitizing people to the larger size numbers and then going to make them larger later.
Tho probably they are just trying to make more smaller gap sizes for better fit in smaller sizes.

I know it’s been said a million times before. P&G increases sizing but in reality it never changes. Is it a form of shrinkflation? If you take a pack size down from 40 to 36 and price remains the same or even goes up. People will notice. But if you increase sizing. You can now offer “new and improved” with fewer diapers than the next size down. Consumers think they’re getting a better product because it’s “bigger”. Is this right?

Reactions: LilByte
Back