Beyond 5000

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Has anybody tried these ? How are they? Beyond 5000 . Are they thick ? Plastic ?

qwertyqwerty said:
Has anybody tried these ? How are they? Beyond 5000 . Are they thick ? Plastic ?
XP5000 diapers are plastic backed with hook and loop tapes. They are thick but not so thick that you can’t comfortably wear them. They are very absorbent. These are not high rise diapers and they tend to fit right at my waistline. Descent diaper!

Reactions: tails1234, diaperbutt09 and PaddedRita
I have try any diaper but I can't help much on them . I'm SO Sorry !!

I was just looking at these on the llmedico website, and most of the reviews say the tapes suck. I was kinda interested in trying them but if the Velcro doesn’t hold well, what’s the point.

I like the Beyond 5000, I'm wearing one at this particular moment as a matter of fact. I've never had any issues with the tapes or any defects in general. They are a pretty solid diaper honestly and very comfortable also for a diaper that is plastic backed they are pretty discreet. The only thing I would change about them is taller leak guards... they are kinda short on these.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
The tapes are not a problem....they are quite good.

Decent quality diaper. Average wicking. Tapes are useful for realigning or tightening. My issue was that I fell in between the sizes. Medium too small and Large too big. XP said they were going to introduce a Regular, between medium and large, But I haven't seen anything.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I roll my diapers up, but with these I can’t. There is nothing for the tapes to hold on to. Am I doing it wrong?

BabyHailey1977 said:
I roll my diapers up, but with these I can’t. There is nothing for the tapes to hold on to. Am I doing it wrong?
Isn't that a problem for all hook and loop tapes diapers?

The tapes do rip off easy from the batch I have if you pull them hard/tight, needs to be handled with a bit more care, which is not happening with any other hook and loop style tape diaper I have used before (rearz elite, tykable cammies).

For the rest it has great quality considering the price, however performance wise I am personally better off with a betterdry/crinklz.

Fitting wise (considering the size medium of all listed diapers except for the megamax):
beyond xp5000 are not the widest/biggest, they tend to fit a bit smaller (just like attends)
betterdry is just slighty larger fit
then megamax small
after that all the rearz/tykables waddle cut

The beyond XP5000 are thicker than betterdry unused and used, also more comfortable.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
DarkQS1 said:

The tapes do rip off easy from the batch I have if you pull them hard/tight, needs to be handled with a bit more care, which is not happening with any other hook and loop style tape diaper I have used before (rearz elite, tykable cammies).

For the rest it has great quality considering the price, however performance wise I am personally better off with a betterdry/crinklz.

Fitting wise (considering the size medium of all listed diapers except for the megamax):
beyond xp5000 are not the widest/biggest, they tend to fit a bit smaller (just like attends)
then megamax small

The beyond XP5000 are thicker than betterdry unused and used, also more comfortable.
I use the Seni Quattro and I can stick the tapes to the rolled up diaper because it’s cloth back.

BabyHailey1977 said:
THIS. I love plastic backed diapers, and I like them with the hook and loop tapes, but not being able to roll them up is deal breaker for me. That is critical for me from a play perspective, I've even tried bits of tape to roll it up, but it is just not the same. I do not generally like cloth backed either. I wish the folks who made plastic backed with hook and loop would include a on the back (like some pullups have) to let you roll up and dispose.

SofiaInPampers said:
XP5000 diapers are plastic backed with hook and loop tapes. They are thick but not so thick that you can’t comfortably wear them. They are very absorbent. These are not high rise diapers and they tend to fit right at my waistline. Descent diaper!
How do they compare to like a Mega Max

DarkQS1 said:

then megamax small

The xp diaper swells more than a better dry?

Diaperman95 said:
Slightly lower absorbency is the only real difference, other than the hook and loop tabs. Xp5000 is a bit softer and a bit more comfortable in my opinion

Reactions: Diaperman95 and BabyHailey1977
KenworthW900b said:
Slightly lower absorbency is the only real difference, other than the hook and loop tabs. Xp5000 is a bit softer and a bit more comfortable in my opinion
I might have to give them a try some day soon. I use to purchase from XP medical, my abena all the time. I had looked at these before I was uncertain about the hook and loops. I did try a InControl hybrid that was made like this and I loved it. Of Course due to poor customer service response to replace defective products on my mega + order... I no longer will purchase from InControl or rearz.

Xp Medical always treated good. They are a great company. Thank you for the response.

Reactions: HappyCamper
Diaperman95 said:
I suppose they are similar in performance. I haven’t purchased MegaMax in a while. I personally think they are overpriced. I’ve been using the ConfiDry 24/7 for a little over a year. I love them! Unfortunately, I’ve gotta find a new go to diaper that is reasonably priced. Maybe I’ll go back to BetterDry.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Total dry x plus has the same type of landing strip and tapes as Mega Max. Their sizing is a bit smaller than mega max but so is most all other brands. A link below if you have not tried them. You can get better deals than Amazon if you look around. But this is a very solid diaper I used it about 5 years before trying Mega max. I still have a few. To think pre covid I would buy a case of 48 large for $72 no shipping some time sales I got them as low as $65. They are a premium diaper. They are the exact same as one of the bambino diapers. If you like tall leak guards and landing strips you cant go wrong.

Bigguydl said:
The xp diaper swells more than a better dry?
It is already a little bit thicker to start with and for me it feels so much thicker when used than the better dry.
Also because it is a bit shorter and less wide between the legs it feels like it.
With around the same voids comparing both after an office day then yes I definitely feel the XP5000 as if it has more bulk between the legs.
(I remembered this review with some used photos of the xp5000, for me the betterdry is still a bit more compact and the better choice for office days when the day suddenly lasts 2 hours longer in some cases.)

KenworthW900b said:
Totally! also the megamax is thinner when dry and has less wicking. XP5000 is very comfortable.

Reactions: Bigguydl
BabyHailey1977 said:
I use the Seni Quattro and I can stick the tapes to the rolled up diaper because it’s cloth back.
Ah yeah, I don't use alot of cloth backed diapers so I missed them. The fully cloth backed do work that way.
The XP5000 has a little bit of sticky tape between the hook and loop and the plastic layer, I just noticed that yesterday, I could dispose of that without putting extra tape on it to stay rolled/folded up, not sure how long it would last though it reached the bin in that state :p

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
Diaperman95 said:
Total dry x plus has the same type of landing strip and tapes as Mega Max. Their sizing is a bit smaller than mega max but so is most all other brands. A link below if you have not tried them. You can get better deals than Amazon if you look around. But this is a very solid diaper I used it about 5 years before trying Mega max. I still have a few. To think pre covid I would buy a case of 48 large for $72 no shipping some time sales I got them as low as $65. They are a premium diaper. They are the exact same as one of the bambino diapers. If you like tall leak guards and landing strips you cant go wrong.

Thanks for the info. I’ll go and check them out.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Back