BetterDry...the winner!

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yesterday, I decided to really test the absorbency of my BD diaper. I put one on at bedtime and immediately peed a load when I brushed my teeth. I peed rather heavily throughout the night, enjoying the warm swelling in my crotch. I did my normal monster pee just before getting up and left it on. i continued to wet throughout the day, waiting for the warm dribble to drip down legs. Not. I continued to wet until I changed into a new BD at bedtime. As usual, I drew my wet BD up between my legs and inspected it. There was about 25% of totally dry diaper in the rear! Nice to be near waddling around the house periodically pressing its fullness up into my pubis. Great diaper, IMHO!

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Tigondegra and chrischrischris
Crazy!!

Thing I've found about BD's, while the back has padding, there doesn't seem to be a ton of absorbance in the back. I think they might not put any gel in the back.

Once it reaches the back, leaks happen FAST!

Reactions: SoFloDL and chrischrischris
Sounds about right. It really is a great diaper!

Reactions: chrischrischris
Yes great for going 24/7

I used them for quite some time and loved them. They absorb a lot and swell like crazy. For some reason, unlike a lot of other post, mine seemed to wick like crazy. That can be a good thing but in mine case they ended up wicking to all of the padding and before long it was leaking out the top. Don't think I've ever had any that did that.

srmousse said:
Crazy!!

...there doesn't seem to be a ton of absorbance in the back. I think they might not put any gel in the back.
You are partly correct. There are three layers inside a Better Dry/Crinklz. The absorbency distribution layer(ADL), an extra absorbent layer and the base layer. The extra absorbent layer has a high concentration of SAP and starts at the very front of the diaper but only extends about three quarters of the length of the diaper leaving some of the back only being covered by the base layer. The base layer does have some SAP in it but I would say about only ten to fifteen percent of what the extra absorbent layer has. It would be nice if the extra absorbent layer were centered in the padding and even better if it extended end to end.

Reactions: justanotherDL and ThePaddedTurtle
Back