Betterdry large and XL are same size but the XL large wings are larger.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Been buying XL Betterdrys but just realised that the Large fits we just as well but with sorter wings. This makes it easier as NappiesRus currently have no XL better dry in stock so purchased the LARGE. So I'm happy.

Is this the same with most Nappies?

Last edited:

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
bobbilly said:
Been buying XL Betterdrys but just realised that the Large fits we just as well but with sorter wings. This makes it easier as NappiesRus currently have no XL better dry in stock so purchased the LARGE. So I'm happy.

Is this the same with most Nappies?
Thought you didn’t like better drys 🙄 or have you found adding a soaker in make them work better ?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And on checking its just the front wings which are longer, The nappy is the same.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
parcelboy2 said:
Thought you didn’t like better drys 🙄 or have you found adding a soaker in make them work better ?
I added a booster and this works amazing, it wicks to the back of the nappy now and you don't waste any.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
bobbilly said:
I added a booster and this works amazing, it wicks to the back of the nappy now and you don't waste any.
That’s my go to night nappy for the last 3 years , I use a Ontex rectangular pad
Most night can soak front to back

Reactions: bobbilly

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use Coldex boosters which I think are German and these work wonderfully. I know think better dry are wonderful.

Joediaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
The answer to your question, kind of.

The difference in length of medium to large diapers is much greater than large to extra large. The reason for this is because the diaper is supposed to fit around the narrowest part of your waist/hips to be able to stay up just like a pair of pants.

Smaller people need a smaller rise but at a certain point with larger people a higher rise just wouldn't make sense for one reason.

If your belly is bigger than your hips and the diaper were secured in the same place as someone with a flat belly then you would have issues with it falling down while wearing it unless you had a bunch of extra material that extended it above your belly button. When your belly hangs over your hip line the narrowest part of your hip area starts to get lower than that of thinner people.

Pants designed to go up high enough are fairly hard to come by and can be fairly expensive. If a diaper had all that extra material it would be out of most of our price range.

Reactions: bobbilly