Better way to wear Goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.

GryphonGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I found that the Goodnites actually hold a ton more moisture if you wear them backwards. I doubled up and wore two today backwards and it held up much better than if I wore them regularly. I am a 31 in waist though so it might be different for others. Wearing them backwards also gives you more padding in the rear, which I like. Anyone ever wear them this way?? :chin:

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Tried this a long time ago, didn't work that well, but I might try it again, maybe I had a bad luck last time I've tried this...

shertion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Are you talking about the Girls' Goodnites or the Boys' Goodnites? They're different, at least that's what I've heard.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I found that the Goodnites actually hold a ton more moisture if you wear them backwards.

most diapers have at least a little more padding in the back than they do in the front. they also have padding farther out to the sides usually. Because of this they feel weird, but may help side sleepers a bit.

KiwiBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I disagree, especially with the boys'. There's a lot more padding in the front of those. Plus, if you wear them backwards, the elastic at the sides fits really awkwardly.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I disagree, especially with the boys'. There's a lot more padding in the front of those. Plus, if you wear them backwards, the elastic at the sides fits really awkwardly.

There sometimes will be a difference between boys and girls toddler diapers, with one having a bit more padding in the middle and the other a bit more in the front, but both normally have a larger amount in the rear, and out wider in the rear, because that's where the pee will eventually be moving to when you're sleeping. (on your back, the recommended way) That's the final storage area for overnight, and determines nighttime capacity.

FWIW, I decided to overnight in a breeyo (assure's new name) and they are what I'd call a "low capacity" diaper. Probably L1 or maybe L2 grade. 100% pulp, so they wick rapidly and completely. One wetting, and by the time I got up, the bare plastic in the rear top was just getting damp. Had soaked every square cm of rear padding. That's generally how they work at night. Obviously the same amount done while sitting would have been a guaranteed major leak.

The front or center padding difference only matters during the day. (and afaik, is never done on adult or infant diapers?)

GoodnitesEveryNight

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I tried this once, and it was alright. It still soaked up all the wetness, but the elastics felt weird, and the padding wasn't as comfortable as normally worn (since they make Boys' Goodnites with more space in the front for our anatomy). Plus waking up with the bulge of the wet padding being where it usually isn't threw me off a bit. LOL

Adventurer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Interesting idea. I don't have a Goodnite with me to check, but I always thought the padding was pretty evenly distributed. Is there more on the back? And also, I know the back is larger (obviously), so isn't wearing them backwards a bit uncomfortable? I don't wish to experience Goodnites thongs, if you get what I'm saying.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've just tested this out last night, and its not comfortable enough for me, its like the wetness is on your butt and its not comfortable like if you put the GoodNites the proper way, I was unable to sleep with it once I've wet it, I had to remove it quickly, clean myself up and put a new one the normal way, maybe I was just unlucky or something...

shertion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hmm I just tried GoodNites and it seems to be that the girls version holds more but the boys version is more comfy (I'm a guy)...

Status
Not open for further replies.