• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Best/Worst Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well as you all know, I almost never start threads as I'm not very creative. But this site has caused me to turn inward and do a lot of soul searching and remembering. So I was wondering, what was either your best Christmas memory, or your worst.

I have several bad ones. The first one I can remember was when I was in third grade. I think I was getting either one of those space stations, or a gas station, something that needed to be assembled. I came down the stairs excited on Christmas morning to find my dad very upset, and my mom telling me that my grandmother, his mom, had just died. It was the first and only time I ever saw my dad cry. There would be no assembling that day, which I fully understood. I wished his pain could go away. That grandmother was full blooded Leni Lenapi Indian. I never really got to know her, as she wasn't a person a child could get to know.

Another painful Christmas was the Christmas when I was in 8th grade. We had moved from Cherry Hill N.J. because my parents had gone bankrupt. I had had a nervous breakdown, what they now call a psychotic break, because I had to leave my best friend forever, and we really were "forever". We did everything together. The one thing we loved was building car models, going to the the local junk yard and stripping old, old cars for hood ornaments, tail lights, transmissions, o.k., kidding about the transmissions, but we just had a great time together. We were at that just awareness age, of learning about sex, and girls, etc. Life was an adventure for us. We would ride our bikes everywhere. And then, suddenly, we were apart forever. Jeff had gotten "The Visible V-8" for Christmas the previous year. So this year, this Christmas, I asked for the visible v-8. I guess I thought it would bring Jeff closer to me. I got it, and my dad helped me build it in the next two days. The night it was finished, late at night, I couldn't sleep. I came down to the living room and turned on the tree lights. I stretched out on the couch looking at the visible v-8, thinking about Jeff. My mom woke up and came down stairs to find me there in the almost dark, slightly illuminated by the colors of the tree lights. She asked me if I was alright. I suspect she knew how much I missed my best friend. She took me back up to bed.

My best Christmases was probably as a young father, assembling starwars fighters, AT-ATs, etc., and watching them as they excitedly came down to experience the wonders of Christmas. But there was another Christmas, back when I was in college. It was the first Christmas with John, my parents newspaper boy. I came home from college excited to spend some time with him. I know I had bought him some things with what little money I had. He had gotten me a record, which was cool. It was a cold New Jersey winter, and we went out and roamed our streets late at night, pelting cars with snowballs, and running away from the mad crazed drivers. It was a great Christmas.

I hope all of your Christmases are as fun as that one. Sorry for the long missive. Share if you dare...haha...or should I say Ho Ho Ho....

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Our christmas always suked the old man was a drunk, and he made every christmas unbearable.

When I got old enough I was never around for christmas, but my best memories of christmas were the last few years of my moms life I made christmas as bright and happy as I could.

Now I go to my brothers place and just have christmas dinner, it used to be great but now all the kids are teens and it isn't as much fun as they were when they were little kids.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I don't know about a best christmas but my worst was the christmas of 1997 were my mom, dad and I were all sick. :sad:

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Awww, some of these sad Christmas's are making me feel sad. I don't think I've ever had a "bad" Christmas...I'm just really really fortunate, I guess. Some of them have probably been somewhat lackluster, but none that I can remember were bad.

I've had tons of good ones though, and they all kind of mix together after a while. I normally just remember the gifts that I got...I've gotten video games and movies for Christmas presents for the last 12 years or so. :p But it's not just that...it's always a fun tradition to have Christmas meals, and to open presents together...it's just all happy and cozy and nice.

However, Christmas 2004 was particularly special for me. About a week before Christmas, another *B I knew online asked me to get him a particular teddy bear on ebay for a Christmas gift, and I did. However, while looking, I found my current teddy bear. I ordered him right away, and very wonderfully, he arrived on Christmas Eve day. ;)

And he was absolutely wonderful...the perfect size, perfect squeezability, a really nice smell, and very cute. I had never had a teddy bear that I felt so good about. Actually, I didn't really start my teddy obsession until I got him that day.

Anyway...I also remember doing some other things that day...watching Princess Mononoke with my mom, going for a nice outside walk with my brother, and finishing Final Fantasy 9, which always had a great ending for me. Then, going to bed that night, I put on a footed sleeper and snuggled up with my new teddy. It just felt...special.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The best was the first or second Christmas I spent at my mom's house.

The worst was last year's Christmas. I didn't get pretty much anything at all but that's not what made it bad. In fact I wasn't expecting any presents from my mom's side of the family. What made it bad was that my mom and her boyfriend/non legal husband were fighting a lot mainly about money like everyone else,

My little half brother was pissed since he wasn't getting this or that and he was being very lazy. He even wanted me to play Metroid Prime 3 for him! I was like " I already beat it, play it yourself." (it was my Wii and games)

So that's what made it bad. It was pretty much me and my mom against the other two. Though this time I didn't hep out as much as I really should of. Other then babysitting my brother and his friends though the Wii did that by itself.

Still even if it was the worst Christmas I still had fun at some points.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
The holidays can be pretty screwy for me and my family. Ive had a few f**ed up ones that i can remember little of( prob. by choice) but a funny one was a few years ago. My Mom can NOT pick out a gift for me on her own. At all. Christmas day we are eating over at my aunts house, then we exchange gifts. After the wrapping paper settles to the floor, my beautiful mother grabs my arm and drags me out to her truck, says she got me something else. ( ?? car?, safe full of money??) I open the tailgate, and there, in it's christmas glory, sits a genuine 3,500 lb capacity ATV winch! ( I know, great , huh)

*awkward moment as I feel a tightness in my chest*

" Mom, you know I love you more than life itself, right" (or words to that effect)

"Son I love you, Merry Christmas!"

* the lights go dim, and were outside*

" I- I - I" * hangs head * " I don't have a 4 wheeler"

* even the birds quit chirping, it got so quiet*

"Look, I KNOW it's the thought that counts, and I love you for it, but- there is nothing I can do with that , etc. etc. . .

And life returns to normal.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Best Christmas....pretty much most of them, I've always loved the season...never cared to much about presents, I just like the holiday :)

However, my worst Christmas was when my cat died (or rather we had to have her put down due to a large tumour in her stomach) on Dec.23. Yeah, that sucked :( I didn't cry at all until almost a month later...then I just burst into tears all of a sudden :/

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I don't know the exact year (could look it up the next time I visit my grandparents (which probably isn't until this summer)) But it was the last time I've seen the FULL family together. Last May came closest to that but I still missed an uncle and a few cousins. They all come together for thanksgiving but we cant ever be there for that due to school and plane ticket prices. Makes me sad every time I think about it. But that was the best Christmas I've ever had.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The worst Christmas(es) were the one of 04/05. I was locked up in a juvenile treatment facility, and I and everyone else got stationary, and envelopes. To make it worse, the envelopes were this gross green color, and stationary had basketballs and soccer balls all over it so it was pointless to write on. Most of the people I knew used the paper to smoke their weed/cigs. =/

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
My best Christmas would have to be the one from 2 years ago, my cousin showed up around 11 AM and took me wheeling for the day in my uncles Military Jeep, and then we took out some other rigs of my uncles.. and I broke one of his Jeep's in the mud.. that was awesome. Nothing like spending quality time with family.

That was also the first Christmas were there was no fighting =/

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
My worst christmas, was when I had gotten out of the mental hospital on the 22nd (forget the year though), and then on christmas day I had to take my meds, which led me to be drugged up and emotionless almost. Then, to make it worse that night I was in excrutiating pain from stress (or I think that's what caused it).

And my best christmas was the first christmas I spent right here at my grandparent's house since I had moved in (forget the year as well). First time I was finally happy.

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My best christmases were the definitely the ones where I was young and christmas still had that magical quality to it. We would gather at my grandmother's house and have christmas dinner and sing christmas carols and exchange gifts. Someone would also always dress up as santa by about the age of 8 or 9 me and all my cousins knew it was just our grandfather dressed up like santa but it was still fun to play along. My worst christmas is probably going to be this christmas. My grandmother is dead and my grandfather is in a nursing home and has basically given up on living since my grandmother's passing so as a result the rest of the family pretty much doesn't care anymore. I'm probably going to either stay home for christmas eve and go to my dad's for christmas day or see what my sister is doing on christmas eve. Regardless i'm probably going to be pretty miserable.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
The worst Christmas that I can remember had to be when I was 7 and we had to spend Christmas in a Woman and Children Shelter after the neighbor called the cops on my father during one of his frequent violent, abusive, drunken rampages.

The best had to be in 2001 when we went up North to Sault Ste. Marie to spend time with my mom's side of the family, this is really special to me because we don't get to go up north to see family that often, and this was the first Christmas that the whole family got to spend together.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Tafshin, I think you have lived a far more interesting and colorful life than even I have. I'm sorry you had to spend TWO? Christmases locked up in a juvenile detention center. For all of my nonsense, I tried to stay out of lock up.

Snapcrotch, I don't think I ever received quite that odd or *sadly* useless Christmas gift. I'd say "I guess it's the thought that counts", but in this case, I guess it's the love that counts. Some of us just do odd things at Christmas. I'll bet you were hoping for the 4-wheel drive truck to go with it.

Fire2box, I guess family get togethers either go well or they don't. My wife is really upset with our daughter and son in law this year because they aren't coming in to celebrate Christmas until the second weekend in January. They could come the weekend after Christmas, that Saturday, but son in law has his birthday that weekend, and he wants to celebrate at their house. They only live a 2 hour drive away. So my wife is mad, and of course she is the one on dialysis. You would think they could make a better effort.

The best part of our Christmas celebrations these days is having the family all together at the same time. Life is way too short. You should be with the ones you love doing something you all enjoy. I agree with you Andysetra, as it hasn't been about the presents for me in a long time. Because I'm a church musician, I love the music. This Sunday is our Chirstmas cantata, a time honored and perhaps hokie tradition, but I love it just the same. A couple of days before Christmas my son will come in from Richmond with his big dog Lambert. We'll go for walks at night around our block just like we did when he was a little kid, and we'll look at all the Christmas lights on the houses. The air will be cold and we'll feel it on our faces. We'll talk about sports, and teaching, and what ever is on his mind. I'm lucky in that I really love my family. Christmas is a good time to get together. To all of you who have fractured families, my thoughts go out to you, and I hope this year will be a good year.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I'm quite lucky as most of my Christmases have been great! None really stand out, we basically do the same thing ever year: get up, open gifts, spend time together, have my dad's parents come round and eat (or go to theirs and eat, or go out and eat) a Christmas meal. I'm tempted to say that Christmas is better when you're a kid, but I think being older is good too. You can appreciate the joy of giving, rather than just receiving, plus it's more social; when I was younger me and my sister would just play with our new toys, but when you're a teen you can enjoy something simple like having a meal with everybody.

Worst Christmas? Probably the Christmas where I was depressed, but even then I perked up for Christmas and managed to enjoy it.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Most of them aren't bad, but I can't think of a really good Christmas. Oh, I enjoy getting stuff and things like that, but there aren't any that stand out as good Christmases. Just normal ones.

I have had a bad one however. It was last Christmas and all my grandparents came up to our house with only two bedrooms. It was horribly crowded. My parents were sleeping on the floor of my room so I couldn't really come up to my room and hide. There were four very loud grandparents downstairs and nowhere to sit. I felt like I wasn't welcome in the house I live in.

As soon as my parents were out of my room I was in it, pretty much for the entire day. I couldn't go downstairs - it was so uncomfortable and I didn't want people to realise how bad I felt. My parents did but my grandparents had no idea. I suppose the fact they didn't realise hurt even more. I was feeling pretty down that christmas. I didn't feel able to really get into any of my stuff till my grandparents were gone either - I found it so stressful I just couldn't enjoy it. So yeah - that was a pretty bad Christmas.

The coming Christmas is likely to be as bad. I am going to be down with my grandparents having a 'family' Christmas with my dad's side of the family. Everyone just shouts over everyone else and I end up either in hysterics or hiding under a duvet. And the thing is my Dad thinks I can just go to my room - that isn't a Christmas. I am really, really, REALLY not looking forward to this.

:frown:

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My worst christmas, was when I had gotten out of the mental hospital on the 22nd (forget the year though), and then on christmas day I had to take my meds, which led me to be drugged up and emotionless almost. Then, to make it worse that night I was in excrutiating pain from stress (or I think that's what caused it).

And my best christmas was the first christmas I spent right here at my grandparent's house since I had moved in (forget the year as well). First time I was finally happy.
I'm sorry to see someone your age having to deal with those kinds of problems. It reminds me of the first Christmas when I was in college. It snowed heavily and I had to go to my student church and play for the Christmas Eve service. That would have been o.k., but I was heavily depressed at the time. We had a member whom I knew, and he and his wife had five beautiful blond haired boys. I so wanted my young age back, and the kid Christmas that I never would have again. I hope your future Christmas will be as good as last year.

My best christmases were the definitely the ones where I was young and christmas still had that magical quality to it. We would gather at my grandmother's house and have christmas dinner and sing christmas carols and exchange gifts. Someone would also always dress up as santa by about the age of 8 or 9 me and all my cousins knew it was just our grandfather dressed up like santa but it was still fun to play along. My worst christmas is probably going to be this christmas. My grandmother is dead and my grandfather is in a nursing home and has basically given up on living since my grandmother's passing so as a result the rest of the family pretty much doesn't care anymore. I'm probably going to either stay home for christmas eve and go to my dad's for christmas day or see what my sister is doing on christmas eve. Regardless i'm probably going to be pretty miserable.
I hope you can somehow salvage some happiness out of all of this. Sometimes life surprises you, and something unexpected appears. I know the Christmases that disappointed me the most were the ones that I was expecting more from.

mzkkbprmt, as I recall you have Ausberger's, so loud noise and confusion is a bad situation for you. It's too bad there are friends that you know in your grandparent's neighborhood. I know when things got hectic and my parents, I would sometimes leave and go to a friend's. That was one of the things that was cool about my friend John. Even though he was 4 years younger than me, all the college kids hung out at his house. He was just one of those amazing people, very likable and the life of the party. I suspect there is little escape for you from the chaos, however. Maybe you can talk to your parents before you get there and ask them to watch out for you, you know, seek out a quiet place. People should understand your needs and try to make that happen. I know I would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Role
Private
Best?
Hmmm, this is hard one to dig up, since I don't remember most of them. But I'd have to say the one when I was really young and I got a slot-cars racing set. I thought it was the greatest thing ever at that time and I played with it for so many years after I got it. So many good memories with that thing. :D

Worst?
Okay, no shit here, but the worst one was when my Mum brought home this old friend of hers - a neurotic, hugely OCD, mentally unstable woman because she had just been kicked out of her home by her husband because "he couldn't stand her any longer". No fucking shit, what make you think we will? My Mum's heart was in the right place and, yes, it was an appropriate time of the year, but god damn was the entire day awkward as fuck. Was really a huge downer on the whole occasion, so much so that my Dad tells my Mum every Christmas now - very bluntly and sternly (but still kind of half-jokingly) - "Don't bring home any bums for Christmas this year."

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Our worst Christmas was probably last year, when my mom lost her job.
I had saved up enough money to get my dad a little something, but neither mom or dad got us (us being me and my brother) presents because neither could afford it.
But this was a great Christmas as well, believe it or not! My little cousin, Jack, was born! And then, our local Charity donated my brother some toys, and myself some clothes! It was truly great.

Status
Not open for further replies.