Best workout protection?

Role
  1. Incontinent
Does anyone have a suggestion for protection when working out? I started wearing depends but as my peaks great my need for better protection did as well. Was hoping someone might know a solid diaper that was discrete enough for the gym, but could hold a solid wetting if needed.

get some rearz or ABU

I would look at Northshore's website and have a chat with a representative either on the site or by phone. They are very helpful and good about sending samples. That should be a good start to getting some ideas of what will work for you.

Reactions: Lilbabyboy2888 and Bhoward
Bhoward said:
Does anyone have a suggestion for protection when working out? I started wearing depends but as my peaks great my need for better protection did as well. Was hoping someone might know a solid diaper that was discrete enough for the gym, but could hold a solid wetting if needed.
ABU PreSchools (the cloth-backed ones) would be my first suggestion. They're very low profile but offer really good protection and shouldn't interfere with your workout too much.

Reactions: Fullpants and Bhoward
Try Seni Super Plus diapers. They are very discrete and can handle a very big wetting.

Reactions: Bhoward
I ran in the cloth backed Molicare slips. They worked great for me and no chaffing. I will be going to the gym after work so I will just run in my confidry 25/7’s. Hopefully the treadmill will drown out the crinkle. Lol.

I use Abri pulll-ups M3 the most absorbent ones. I don’t think they can be seen but if they are so be it!

I find the Tena pullups work very well for me and are super quiet compared to any of the plastic ones I wear. I wear these pullups when cycling for long distance and they absorb both my sweat and pee really well.

Depends on how much protection you need. If you are able to use a pull-up then the Abena Abri-Flex would be the best choice, from there Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi would also be a good choice as well. Both of those suggestions have a cloth-like backing (helps keeps it discreet) but has a plastic inner protective layer to avoid leaks.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a direct message!

Reactions: Bhoward and Deleted member 47221
I use pull-on[up] with leak guards. There are several overnight brands that are easily purchased that provide modest protection and discreet profiles under gym attire.

Honestly, I cannot see the advantages/necessity of a super thick diaper. How is it not a hinderance to motion, heat dissipation and for the discretionary inclined? More exhibitionist [fantasy] than practical?

Last edited:
daylight said:
I use pull-on[up] with leak guards. There are several overnight brands that are easily purchased that provide modest protection and discreet profiles under gym attire.

Honestly, I cannot see the advantages/necessity of a super thick diaper. How is it not a hinderance to motion, heat dissipation and for the discretionary inclined? More exhibitionist [fantasy] than practical?
I agree. I don’t want something super thick. Just something that can last an hourly so and won’t be a disaster if muni bladder does decide to empty itself

Bhoward said:
I agree. I don’t want something super thick. Just something that can last an hourly so and won’t be a disaster if muni bladder does decide to empty itself

Exactly. You should look into Always Overnight or Tena Overnight. The Tenas can be purchased at CVS, Target, etc. and Always through online sites. Haven’t tried Depends Overnight, it might work just as well.

Irregardless, at the gym if it is not a minor amount, I can smell myself. And since I can, others can as well.

basically for gym workouts, don't go tena as its too expensive. You'd have to throw the pad / diaper away after the activity from sweating anyway.
What I found good to allow best mobility is an abri-san pad #8 or so with normal underwear over to keep it in place. there's no plastic and no tapes and no extra bulk in the way so you can do whatever workout you like :)

I normally go with tena slips for working out. I don't need anything super absorbent for the hour or so I'll be working out. Then afterwards I'll just change into my normal M4.

I normally go with tena slips for working out. I don't need anything super absorbent for the hour or so I'll be working out. Then afterwards I'll just change into my normal M4.

winterheart01 said:
basically for gym workouts, don't go tena as its too expensive. You'd have to throw the pad / diaper away after the activity from sweating anyway.
What I found good to allow best mobility is an abri-san pad #8 or so with normal underwear over to keep it in place. there's no plastic and no tapes and no extra bulk in the way so you can do whatever workout you

I believe you are referencing the wrong product. I am referring to Tena’s Intimates Overnight underwear.

Edit: grammer

Last edited:
daylight said:
I believe you are referencing the wrong product. I am referring to Tena’s Intimates Overnight underwear.

Edit: grammer
We don't have that variety under that name here so I referred to Tena in general as it's way overpriced anyway.

I use a comfidry 24/7 for very strenuous hikes. They don’t let me down. Abriflex also works good, but they leak for me if I have a sudden accident.

winterheart01 said:
We don't have that variety under that name here so I referred to Tena in general as it's way overpriced anyway.

I can see how regional availability shapes ones’ recommendations. In my area, expect to pay 0.7 USD each so, cost effectiveness matches OP situation. Likewise, for yours as well.

Back