• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Best Wipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secretdl26

I don't know if this has been discussed already or not, but for those of you who use wipes, what do you consider to be the best store-bought wipes?

Also, if you can give reviews (or experience) with wipes that would be great.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I use "Wet Ones" which come in a 40-sheet dispenser can in several fragrances. I like these better than the Cottonelle or Scotts wipes which dispense from a box; those dry out more readily.

I am not sure whether they can be flushed or not; I don't flush them (I keep them in the plastic bag that the used diaper goes into, until I can throw the bag into the trash).

It also helps to use a cream or ointment on your skin areas that get exposed when you use your diaper. I have several different kinds, for different moods. I sometimes use baby powder or Gold Bond Medicated powder, too.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I just buy the cheapest ones. However I did buy some lavender scented pampers wipes and they were pretty good.

But really most wipes are just thick, moist toilet paper. In anycase wipes are much better then toilet paper I think and some company's are now producing them in larger sizes for adult use and those ones are flushable I think. So it's not only use that still use baby wipes. :p

Poohbearboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Me I use pampers baby wipes nice touch got nice smell to them .

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
We use store brand ones from Wal-mart. They work well for our purposes.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
CVS Soft Cloths Supreme Scented. Pampers tend to dry out before I use them up and the Stop & Shop ones tear.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer, Other
Pampers Baby Fresh in a Munchkins Glow wipe warmer. Best 20 bucks I ever spent for that warmer.

K

kitty0230

I use either huggies wipes, or, the wet, but not messy part of my diaper. It works really well and is one less thing I have to buy or carry around.

S

soren456

A warm, wet terry washcloth.

I bought a whole bale of them from a dollar store.

Go, green movement! :thumbsup:

D

daria7483

For me it's all about the smell. Pampers baby fresh wipes meet that need, although I haven't made much effort to compare them with any other brand. Unscented wipes are a waste.

Role
Adult Baby
i use freshen up wipes made by Rockline industries.these wipes are not baby wipes.they are adult size 9 x 15.i like these wipes because they are bigger therefore they last longer.y
the only draw back is that they smell like oranges.$2.60 for a pack of 48 at Wal-mart.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Wet Ones anti-bacterial! These work well for cleaning grease off hands, sanitizing hands on a road trip, and wiping the diaper area. Plus, they are not baby wipes and no one mistakes them as such. For disposal after cleaning the diaper area, I just clean up before folding the diaper and fold it into the used diaper.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
I like the scented wipes the best. But usually I use the store brands.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
"pull-ups for kids" wipes work extremely well and the conainer cones with mickey mouse and other Disney characters.:D i tried the acctual babie wipes and the were no were near as cool

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Pampers sensitive skin.

No perfume.
What anoye me though is the aloa in it. I get all "oily" after I wash with them, even when dry.

I used to use no names wipes, but the perfume reeked or the containers became unusable after a while.

I just buy refill for the pampers box.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Pampers - the scent is unbeatable. Nothing smells more like 'baby' (well, except maybe a used diaper, but that's not a pleasant smell!)

Peachy

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Other, Private
atm i got some Pampers Naturals Lavendersmelling wipes ^.^
though, for as far as i remember with the last time i had those, they used to have a different structure than the hexagonal structure they have nowadays

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Pampers - the scent is unbeatable.
You ain't kidding.

My 'rents used Pampers wipes on me, and the smell is just another part of the whole emotionally reminiscent thing (hee hee). I'd be buying Desitin scented air freshener refills if I could, too. :)

A warm, wet terry washcloth.
Also a great idea. Cleaning up in the bathroom with a washcloth you can rinse and reuse will get you cleaner than any normal amount of wipes.

Whatever you guys do, do not get Target brand wipes. Their surface almost resembles a ping pong paddle... Raised round bumps in the cloth. They're not as soft as any of the others, and the liquid in them makes diaper rash sting. None of the other wipes I've used do that.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Not sure which kind we used with our two children, but they did have a nice baby-ish fragrance. Like many of the members who replied, it's the smell that that sells me on a brand of wipes.:smile:

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.