Best way to solve inferior crinklz tape issues?

kraken98

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I have some crinklz and the tapes are just inferior. I don't know if their 3M tapes but they just suck in general. I want to love this diaper but I cannot use them without constantly worrying about ripping the tapes off when moving around and such as it happened several times. I was thinking of using shipping tape as a front panel landing zone and taping them to that, or directly placing shipping tape over the tabs once placed. I thought about super glue but that won't work because the shell is cheaply made and not very durable and would just rip that off too.

I know it might not be an issue with some but I either got a bad batch or something else is not right. Im looking forward to just using them up and then go for MegaMax briefs because those are secure and do not worry me one bit when it comes to tapes and durability.

Otherwise, I love them because their cute, fit good, hold a lot, and affordable. But as stated, these tapes ruin all of it for me with overwhelming worry.

Any suggestions here? Thanks!

kraken98 said:
I have some crinklz and the tapes are just inferior. I don't know if their 3M tapes but they just suck in general. I want to love this diaper but I cannot use them without constantly worrying about ripping the tapes off when moving around and such as it happened several times. I was thinking of using shipping tape as a front panel landing zone and taping them to that, or directly placing shipping tape over the tabs once placed. I thought about super glue but that won't work because the shell is cheaply made and not very durable and would just rip that off too.

I know it might not be an issue with some but I either got a bad batch or something else is not right. Im looking forward to just using them up and then go for MegaMax briefs because those are secure and do not worry me one bit when it comes to tapes and durability.

Otherwise, I love them because their cute, fit good, hold a lot, and affordable. But as stated, these tapes ruin all of it for me with overwhelming worry.

Any suggestions here? Thanks!
Crinklz did have some bad tapes ofloaded on them by 3M, but that was something like 12 months ago. Their tapes have been fixed since then. And while they are still not the strongest they do hold quite decently and without popping or tearing off. Giving these tapes a quick rub after sticking them on helps improve their contact and hold. If you've got an old batch then the best thing to do is stick them on, rub them some, then reinforce them with either diaper pins or extra tape.

Might be a faulty batch. I know they used to have bad tapes but I'm pretty sure they've fixed them since then.

I got a case around April or May 2018 and haven't had any tape issues. I suggest reinforcing them with packing or duck tape.

Rubbing the tapes and holding them in place for a bit after initially placing them helps them stick more as well

I would say they are just barely adequate (the diaper's weakest feature). Rubbing them does seem to help but they are prone to slipping even if they don't come off entirely. I tape them with white duct tape at the first sign of any trouble. On the plus side, I can generally tell when they're going to come entirely unstuck.

Crinklz tapes don’t hold if taped too tight. I’ve backed off on the tightness and have had better results. I rub the tapes and they’ve stayed put all day.

Try masking tape.
It can hold well, its available in thick widths, and unlike regular tape it is easy to tear off by hand (doesn't need to be cut off with scissors).

I use ice hockey sock tape. It comes in very big rolls, is clear, very sticky, and stretchy.

first diaper with this case and the tape suck! i just got out showever but idk now im kinda annoyed :S might see if using the white tab stick better

the plastic has a tendency to wrinkle under the tape,. I hold the tape in place and tug at the plastic while holding the tape and it pulls the wrinkles out and the tapes hold fine.

I too use hockey tape to re enforce my diapers tapes

I was seriously thinking of ordering a pack and having them held at store, was trying to work up the nerve to do it, but then stumble across a couple saying tapes can possibly be problematic. Still want to order a case but that and my anxious shy side are holding me back. Like does the store know what's in the box? When you go pick it up does the person blurt "OH YEAH GOT A BOX OF DIAPERS HERE, my mind is evil lol

duck tape?

Duct Tape, Packaging Tape, Safety Pin.

I still wonder why anyone would want to use metal foil duct tape on a diaper. Stick with duck tape, clear packing tape, or even hockey tape.

Also make sure you aren't rubbing the sides of the diaper smooth with your hand. The oil or water residue on your hand can loghtly coat the plastic where you want to put the tape, thereby reducing the tapes holding ability. (At no fault of the tape none the less).

Slomo said:
I still wonder why anyone would want to use metal foil duct tape on a diaper. Stick with duck tape, clear packing tape, or even hockey tape.

Also make sure you aren't rubbing the sides of the diaper smooth with your hand. The oil or water residue on your hand can loghtly coat the plastic where you want to put the tape, thereby reducing the tapes holding ability. (At no fault of the tape none the less).
Well I dont use foil tape lol but i do got some packaging tape i can use, its just i feel it will make it super crinkly like or something lol

JWolf said:
I was seriously thinking of ordering a pack and having them held at store, was trying to work up the nerve to do it, but then stumble across a couple saying tapes can possibly be problematic. Still want to order a case but that and my anxious shy side are holding me back. Like does the store know what's in the box? When you go pick it up does the person blurt "OH YEAH GOT A BOX OF DIAPERS HERE, my mind is evil lol
make sure to order some packaging tape as well lol, these tapes are super iffy and def wont last if you put it on tight. it sucks imo that is why im going to be switchhing to NS megamax instead once mine are used up

Ok thanks for the advice! If I ever do get the nerve up to order some I'll keep that in mind, this would be my first time wearing again so it would take some trial and error learning just how to tape it up and how snug to get it. I'd also like to try some ABUs sometime.

Back