• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Best Way To Chase Away The Winter Chills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
You've been outside in the bitter cold raking the last of autumn leaves, shoveling snow, scraping frost off the car, de-icing the walkways, or just walking home from somewhere. You come in all chilled to the bone. What do you go for that will quickly warm you up inside? A hot chocolate, some hot soup, tea or coffee, microwave snack, a little nip from a bottle having a little kick to it;), or perhaps something else?

Going outside in the cold wind to get a load of firewood in made me think of this topic. After being out in the cold during the day, a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows really hits the spot. Other favs are a hot bowl of oyster stew or cup of hot tea. If I'm out in the cold later at night a nice hot tea with a teaspoon or two of rum hits the spot and quickly warms me up inside.:smile: So what chases away your Winter chill?

~Pramrider

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Best way: a warm shower (not hot you'll only burn yourself) + tea with quite a bit of sugar. This is the technique used to warm up conscious hypothermia victims. As I assume you to be conscious.

What I do myself is put my hand under a cold (to me it feels hot) facet. The rest of my body barely cools down because of a good jacket.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Turn on the radiator and sit there waiting to defrost. I find that when I'm that cold I can barely manage to do anything complicated like make a cup of tea. :p

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Charlie, that's why someone else gets tea for you, all you do is drink it.

Oh and I forgot, put on dry clothes. If you don't have any stay out of the wind and take off all clothes except for 1 layer.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Start a fire, make hot chocolate, change clothes, and relax in front of said fire. It gets very cold here, so we tend to do this a lot.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
make hot chocolate, start a fire in the fireplace, find somebody to cuddle/snuggle with and watch a nice holiday movie on TV

Works every time

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I do it by not getting cold in the first place, if you dress like it's cold outside you will not be cold when you come back in the house.

If I have to do something in the yard or move snow, the two best things I have found, are snowmobile suits and insulated coveralls, most of the time I just put on a pair of either of those over my thermals,( I always wear thermals usually 2 pair), and go and do what I need to do, and when I come in I'm fine not cold, and I rearely get sick.

And if you like to walk in winter like I do, for those days when the wind is howling, I use a wetsuit under the coveralls, the wind never touches you, I do 4 miles everyday no matter the weather.

fifigal

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Little
Start a fire, make hot chocolate, change clothes, and relax in front of said fire. It gets very cold here, so we tend to do this a lot.
Try changing into a fresh, cloth diaper that just came out of the clothes drier and cover them with a pretty plastic panty. So snuggly warm.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Be me!

I have practically no sensation of cold. I only feel it when I am ill or I go between two places with vastly different temperatures. When it comes to winter I wear long clothes not because I am cold, but because I prefer how they feel to short ones and while I feel hot wearing them, I don't usually feel like I am melting. I'm sorry, I can't think of anything to help you, been as I never really have to do it myself.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Mzkkbprmt: Then you haven't been in the see at this time of the year.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Change into a fannel nightgown and my snowman slippers, curl up under a fleece blanket, and watch a movie

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Snuggleing up under my blankets. :)

LinusBlueSnow

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Snuggleing up under my blankets. :)
Which is exactly what I'm doing (Since I got a sore throat but had a pretty good thanksgiving). Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I say drinking tea or hot chocolate and snuggle up against something warm (like a heater), and get bundled up under a nice warm wooly blanket.

Role
Diaper Lover
Hot chocolate, a warm fire, a movie, and just cuddling with my girl friend, ahhh.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've never really considered what I do.
Perhaps it's the Wisconsinite in me, but I just don't mind the cold really.
When I get home I just take off my coat (and if it's cold enough, gloves and hat) and go about my daily routine.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I curl up in bed under a mountain of blankets and sleep the afternoon away.

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Fortunately, the radiator here is right next to my chair, so I don't have to wait for long to get warmed up. :D I do love a nice bowl of soup, though.

I dunno, there's something so deliciously revitalising about soup.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My preferred method is to avoid getting too cold in the first place. Insulated overalls and a warm jacket are good for keeping the chill away. However, once I am cold, getting out of the wet clothes and drinking something hot is always nice. Hiding under some blankets is even better once my body is close to a normal temperature. A cup of hot chocolate with some peppermint schnapps is another excellent choice after spending some time outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.