Best Velcro diapers?

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Probably been asked before, but I'm too lazy to look.

What criteria are you interested in?

I've yet to see or use any hook and loop (velcro) diaper which didn't perform as expected; that ranges from cheap diapers to premium ABDL diapers.

So without any criteria, I would recommend 'TENA Super Breifs' because you can't beat the price of $12-$15 for 14 diapers. I have used these before and they are comfortable and reliable.

Reactions: Beanst
neophyte said:

I've yet to see or use any hook and loop (velcro) diaper which didn't perform as expected; that ranges from cheap diapers to premium ABDL diapers.

So without any criteria, I would recommend 'TENA Super Breifs' because you can't beat the price of $12-$15 for 14 diapers. I have used these before and they are comfortable and reliable.
do tena super hold alot?

I'd be comfortable and confident with two full wettings. ✔ (or a bunch of small intermittent wettings)

If you are standing or positioned properly it will likely take a third wetting with out leaking.

If you do buy these you might want to size up, I am a medium for all ABDL diapers; but the medium TENA Super Briefs are a bit too tight on me.

If I didn't love Tykables and Rearz so much I would save a tonne of money and just wear TENA Super Breifs.

Are you looking for plastic backed diapers with Velcro fasteners? If you are here is what I know. They all hold plenty and can last for quite some time

Tykables overnights
And
Bambino magnifico
Wow I thought I could have thought of more I was planning on making a list. Maybe someone here can list the rest

Reactions: 12srepaid
If you want an all white version, try Bambino Ultra Stretch.

Antientmariner said:
Are you looking for plastic backed diapers with Velcro fasteners? If you are here is what I know. They all hold plenty and can last for quite some time

Tykables overnights
And
Bambino magnifico
Wow I thought I could have thought of more I was planning on making a list. Maybe someone here can list the rest

The new Tykables Little Rawrs and Rearz Barnyard are my favourite hook and loop diapers.

Not sure if Tyk Overnights had the same design, but the Tyk Little Rawrs are different than any other diapers I use; the top tabs come down on an angle and attach rather than straight across and attach. This causes a better fit and the diaper holds in place better.

neophyte said:
The new Tykables Little Rawrs and Rearz Barnyard are my favourite hook and loop diapers.

Not sure if Tyk Overnights had the same design, but the Tyk Little Rawrs are different than any other diapers I use; the top tabs come down on an angle and attach rather than straight across and attach. This causes a better fit and the diaper holds in place better.
Really? Hmm maybe I'll have to try that next time I tape up.
Are the top tapes positioned at an angle that forces you to tape downwards?

The bambino ultra stretch is what I use and I have never had a leek and I dont think you can beat them for both comfort and leak protection and they dont show under street cloths at all

Antientmariner said:
Really? Hmm maybe I'll have to try that next time I tape up.
Are the top tapes positioned at an angle that forces you to tape downwards?

Oh dear I'm going to have to attempt to draw this out in MS Pain. Forgive me everyone :cool:

When I first laid down to hook up my diaper I got it fitted properly, then attached the bottom tabs like I normally do; I then stand up and attach the top tabs... but the top tabs were way too high... they were completely above and missing the landing zone, they weren't even hitting the diaper. I adjusted the bottom tabs but it didn't make sense. Was this a defect?

I clued in that the top tabs need to come downwards.

d.png

You can kind of see how it works in this image below, the top tabs are coming downwards.

download.jpg

As a result it locks around your hips, and the back of the diaper is a bit higher than usual and very comfortable etc....

neophyte said:
Oh dear I'm going to have to attempt to draw this out in MS Pain. Forgive me everyone :cool:

When I first laid down to hook up my diaper I got it fitted properly, then attached the bottom tabs like I normally do; I then stand up and attach the top tabs... but the top tabs were way too high... they were completely above and missing the landing zone, they weren't even hitting the diaper. I adjusted the bottom tabs but it didn't make sense. Was this a defect?

I clued in that the top tabs need to come downwards.

View attachment 36150

You can kind of see how it works in this image below, the top tabs are coming downwards.

View attachment 36151

As a result it locks around your hips, and the back of the diaper is a bit higher than usual and very comfortable etc....
Okay so it looks like the landing zone is positioned lower and smaller.
How is the back of the diaper more comfortable?

As mentioned already, Tykables Little Rawrs are excellent. Tykables Overnights and Unicorn style also have hook and loop. The overnights do not have the soft paddling as the others. I guess that's because they are a high capacity diaper. I've just ordered Northshore Air Supreme which are cloth covered with hook and loop. I'm anxious to try them out for daywear.

Last edited:
I think for whatever reason I like overnights better than Little Rawrs. These are the only two velcros I've tried, so only listen to me if you are interested in getting one or the other, and it sounds like i may be the only person w/ this problem:

Little Rawrs seem to leak for me sometimes out the sides. Not sure why, but farrrr before they are filled to capacity, I've had a couple of times where I had a small accident because of leaking issues. The overnights haven't done this for me yet, but I hesitate to say for sure becaause I'm worn significantly more LR than Overnights. It's just a bad (embarrassing) experience I've had a couple times. I ran to the bathroom before my GF would know, but ever since the second, more significant wetting that got my onesie dirty have I felt unsafe going in them like I do a Megamax (these have tapes). When I wet in a MM, I just go for it, no problem. I wish LR worked just like MM but had the designs and looked cool, but Overnights are the next best thing. No leaks so far, but also lower supposed capacity than Little Rawrs.

I forgot to mention that the bambino ultrastretch has a velcro like fastening that is bullet proof and you can unfasten and refastern them as many times as you need to and they wont loose there grip

neophyte said:

Tena super briefs are ok but they don't seem to hold alot

I like the Northshore AirPremium and Abena Premium M3 &M4. Northshore AirSupreme are too stiff for my taste. I wear for the comfort and don’t usually wet them, so can’t speak to capacity or leaks. I also like the Seni Super Quattro. I have not tried any of the printed diapers. I plan to try Molicare at some point.

DLsecretlittle said:
I think for whatever reason I like overnights better than Little Rawrs. These are the only two velcros I've tried, so only listen to me if you are interested in getting one or the other, and it sounds like i may be the only person w/ this problem:

Little Rawrs seem to leak for me sometimes out the sides. Not sure why, but farrrr before they are filled to capacity, I've had a couple of times where I had a small accident because of leaking issues. The overnights haven't done this for me yet, but I hesitate to say for sure becaause I'm worn significantly more LR than Overnights. It's just a bad (embarrassing) experience I've had a couple times. I ran to the bathroom before my GF would know, but ever since the second, more significant wetting that got my onesie dirty have I felt unsafe going in them like I do a Megamax (these have tapes). When I wet in a MM, I just go for it, no problem. I wish LR worked just like MM but had the designs and looked cool, but Overnights are the next best thing. No leaks so far, but also lower supposed capacity than Little Rawrs.

It’s funny how different diapers fit and work for different people. I can’t use the megamax in any situation other than being at home because they leak between my legs. The little rwars work perfectly for me. No leaks and I can wear them to there maximum fill point. It’s so true when people say you just have to try different products in till you find the one that works for you. Being permanently in diapers it’s important you find what works for you!! My vote obviously goes to Tykables lil rwars!!

As previously mentioned, Bambino has a good hook and loop fastener. I have not had a problem with them

Bambino ultrastretch is my over-all favourite diaper. The only downside is the cost.
Other than that, great absorption, they hold up really well even over longer amounts of time and have super nice velcro-tabs and plastic backing.
Good luck in your hunt!
-Edward.

I think Tykables are the best velcro "Diaper", but the Bambino have much better velcro, and the stretchieness makes them fit better. I really like Bambino if I'm going to be exercising, or dong things that involve a lot of climbing, bending, and flexing.
I can do 4 to 6 hours in a Bambino fairly reliably. I've done 24 hours in a Tykable with no leaks on several occasions, and commonly wear them over 12 hours.

I have both on my shelf, as they fill different needs. Bambino's velcro does things Tykable can't. But while I have only 1 bag of Bambino Magnifico right now, I have almost 3 cases of Tykable velcro in various flavors right now.

• Love
Reactions: littledreamers333 and Ebabyboy12
Back