• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Best take away food?

Best take away food?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
What take away food is the best in your opinion?

Where I live, we can get a tub with chips, fried rice and curry sauce all mixed together. It's braw!

poll to be attached..

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Take away food?
Braw?
Can you American-ize this a little?
I'm assuming by take away, you mean take-out (Chinese food?)

Poll is now added I see...What is "Chippy"?

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
When you say Take-Away, do you mean Take-out?

Pizza. Hands down. The best. :D

--The Silent Assassin--

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
Take away food?
Braw?
Can you American-ize this a little?
I'm assuming by take away, you mean take-out (Chinese food?)

Poll is now added I see...What is "Chippy"?
Sorry haha!

Braw is a Scottish colloquialism that basically means 'good'. Depending on the context you use it in it can vary in meaning. For example, if you think a girl is pretty, you could say that she is 'awfy braw looking!'.

Take away basically means take out. As in, fast food places.

Chippy is fish and chip shops.

When I say chips, I mean proper potato chips, not fries.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I like a Chinese food place called Golden Dragon. They make really good fried rice, so I like having that whenever we get food from a take-out place. When I'm getting something for myself, I get one of those $5 pizzas from Little Caesar's.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I love the language of the U.K. However, my favorite is pizza.

F

FullMetal

Can't beat Chinese take out...but not real Chinese, the fake kind the Chinese people make to fool the Americans.

FullMetal

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Vietnamese noodle soup and fresh spring rolls. Thanks to this thread I now want to order that. Too bad they're not open at 8.30 in the morning.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Pizza!
And Chinese on special occasions. :D

Fuyuhanabira

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Chinese take-out FTW. I enjoy both "real" and "amnericanized" varieties. Pizza was a close second though...

Role
Carer, Other
Pizza for sure for me too!

My school sells like dominoes or something monday annd friday, too bad they overcharge it at $1.50 a slice.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
For the fact that everyone thinks British people are oh-so-polite, they're pretty rude to take food away, rather than paying for it and thus acquiring it legally.

However, I don't go to a restaurant to get some food that I take home and eat it at home. I either eat it there, or make food at home.
As far as a fast snack on the go goes...I'll stick with my trusty Döner Kebap!

Peachy

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For the fact that everyone thinks British people are oh-so-polite, they're pretty rude to take food away, rather than paying for it and thus acquiring it legally.
I'd rather be stolen from then taken out. I don't want to die so someone can get a free meal! :D

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Our ratio of delivered to takeout is rather higher than when I lived in the UK. Interestingly while we have fish'n chips shops they tend to be eat-in; take-out is not a widespread concept here. Odd since so many Canadians have ties to the UK. And the notion of having Indian food - period - is reserved for higher priced eateries, it is not a popular option among the masses, and certainly not as takeout.

More cosmopolitan cities like Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver may differ.

I am surprised people didn't mention sandwich shops like Subway, fake Mex like Taco Time/Bell, KFC, or the Burgeries, McD, Wendy's, BK, or the strange mutant Arby's.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
When I say chips, I mean proper potato chips, not fries.
Thanks for clearing that up! I was always under the impression "chips" were a type of fries. We used to have a chain of "Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips" fast food restaurants in the US and I always thought (never actually had any) the fish was served with fries.

EDIT: Thanks Charlie, for your "chip" information.

Oh, and another vote for Pizza! Yum!!!:smile:

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.