1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
What is the best swim diaper?
Regarding
• the value for money
• build quality
• discreetness
• how well it holds everything in

I use sosecure swim diapers, with swimmates underneath it because my bowel accidents are really big. They hold really well. With the swimmates underneath it's not the most indiscreet but it's not that bad,
I've been told the sosecure could possible hold on its own, I'm not too sure though.

nzabdl said:
What is the best swim diaper?
Regarding
• the value for money
• build quality
• discreetness
• how well it holds everything in

If your talking about using the pool I think how well it contains is priority,

Sosecure doesn't actually work very good. The problem isn't with the diaper though, it is with the small of your back. This area just above your back hips line, and right at the waist, is concave shaped. This makes it nearly impossible to get a good watertight seal, which in turn lets water in. By the time you get out of the pool you will be wearing an inflated fish bowl!

It took me a while to realize that trying to keep you pee and pool water separated simply does not work. I did find that using a swim diaper that has a small terry lining is the ideal balance for containment vs not absorbing or containing the pool.(actually pocket diapers but without the added liner). This is just enough to get you from the locker room to the pool without pee running down your legs.

Slomo said:
Sosecure doesn't actually work very good. The problem isn't with the diaper though, it is with the small of your back. This area just above your back hips line, and right at the waist, is concave shaped. This makes it nearly impossible to get a good watertight seal, which in turn lets water in. By the time you get out of the pool you will be wearing an inflated fish bowl!

It took me a while to realize that trying to keep you pee and pool water separated simply does not work. I did find that using a swim diaper that has a small terry lining is the ideal balance for containment vs not absorbing or containing the pool.(actually pocket diapers but without the added liner). This is just enough to get you from the locker room to the pool without pee running down your legs.

Erm... swim diapers are not intended to keep your urine contained. They have only ever been designed to contain faeces. Urine is not a significant vector for bacteria, so it is well within the ability of chlorine or ozone sterilisation to handle. Faeces, on the other hand, are a definite risk.

The best I have seen are this sort of thing - neoprene with very snug elasticated leg and waist seals.

Slomo said:

Actually for me sosecure works fine, I do use swimmates diapers underneath but it works.
Swim diapers aren't for keeping pee out of the swimming pool, it's for bowel incontinence, for me it works really well and I know cause I use it when I go swimming and it has managed to contain any bowel accident I have had. Maybe it works well because I use sosecure with swimmates underneath, I'm not sure, but it's what I use, it works.

Exactly! Swim diapers are NOT intended for urine. And yet most people who are incontinent are urinary incontinent. This is like making a submarine that has a screen door on it and saying it's not intended for use under the water.

The sosecure swim diaper IS made to try and address this shortcoming. It is made with a fully waterproof layer, interior terry lining, and strong elastics, with the full intent to try and keep both pee and poo in and pool water out. Like I said though, it doesn't work very good thanks to the shape of the human body.

Again, like I said before, there needs to a compromise between containing no pee at all and entirely too much to accommodate urinary incontinence as well- specifically for BEFORE you get into the pool. I have personally found a pocket diaper without the pad inserted does accomplish this. Specifically marketed swim diapers do not.

As I remember sosecure are marketed for bowel incontinence, maybe I'm wrong, as far as I know there is no swim diaper for urinary incontinence

Lol, isn't that what I just said?

So I guess you took a more reasonable gamble by assuming the OP is only bladder incontinent, but then again if the OP was incontinent usually they would know that swim diapers are only for bowel incontinence.

Not a guess. Like I already said, most people who are bowel incontinent are also urinary incontinent. Now, add in the overwhelming majority of those who are only urinary incontinent, and it's a fair and educated assumption that urinary incontinence needs to be addressed with the majority of swim diapers out there. Like you said though, the majority do not. Hence my original post.

It's also worth clarifying the sosecure is a "containment swim diaper". It is not designed like other regular swim diapers that let water through.

And fyi, the Netti combi aqua is one example that actually lets you wear a regular diaper under the swim shorts. I have another one that uses elastic drawstrings and lets you use a regular diaper too (though I can't remember the manufacturer) Again though, they don't really work though.

Yeah, I guess that's true, but there's no way to make it completely seal when your moving around while swimming.

Yup, that's the problem I found out the hard way. I went to a water park a while back using the one with the draw strings. It would have been perfect too since at places like that you're constantly in and out of the water, and out of it half the time standing in some line. My first ride was inner tubes and was ok since I wasn't moving around much. My second ride, not even close. I climbed out of there with a massively swollen diaper under my suit. The rest of the day I went without a diaper but kept having to re-break the seal to drain out water. Not fun. And the sosecure works closely to the same too, but without the normal diaper.

I admit this was partly good though as it saved me from having pee run down my leg as someone two steps behind me waited in line too. That's where I realized a good swim diaper needs to be able to do at least this much, but hopefully without getting too swollen.

It's worked for my bowel accidents so far, and I'm doing a lot of swimming weekly so it has saved the pool from my accidents plenty of times. I guess there's nothing to do for the bladder incontinent, even I feel bad about using the pool with my accidents, but the pool at certain times allows swim diapers...

I have had pretty good luck with gabby swim diaper, also I have worn a condom (Texas cath) attached you a bag that just floats in the water , this method is used for attempting aqua therapy, and crowded pool , some people might be offended at the second method , with the gabby's you could wear like a swimmates underneath with the gabby on top.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back