Best Store Bought Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul97

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wanna buy my firsts diapers and I can't order online. Any input on the best store bought diaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always Discreet Maximum Absorbency are pretty good if you don't mind a pull-up style.

Honestly, for your first diaper, you could do a lot worse than Depends. Get the ones with the six tapes (or is it four now? it's been an age since I've bought them and I know the design's changed).

If you can fit in them, Goodnites are usually a decent starting point for most DLs, provided you're alright with pull-ups. You can't really rely on them for anything more than small, controlled uses, but they're decent and easily available. Barring that, Depends with tabs are the best you'll get in most stores, but I've heard their quality (what little of it they had compared to most adult diapers) tanked when they ditched plastic for cloth backing. I think Walgreens and CVS have their own brands that might be good. Drug stores might carry Tena, Attends, Abena, or other good medical brands, and I've heard of premium AB/DL diapers showing up as well. Thrift stores/Goodwill might have a pack of good diapers, but its pretty rare. So those are your main options.

A local medical supply shop carries Abena M4/L4s...

Braves26 said:
If you can fit in them, Goodnites are usually a decent starting point for most DLs, provided you're alright with pull-ups. You can't really rely on them for anything more than small, controlled uses, but they're decent and easily available. Barring that, Depends with tabs are the best you'll get in most stores, but I've heard their quality (what little of it they had compared to most adult diapers) tanked when they ditched plastic for cloth backing. I think Walgreens and CVS have their own brands that might be good. Drug stores might carry Tena, Attends, Abena, or other good medical brands, and I've heard of premium AB/DL diapers showing up as well. Thrift stores/Goodwill might have a pack of good diapers, but its pretty rare. So those are your main options.

I agree with Braves26! Goodnites are one of my favorite diapers. They hold a decent amount, but I would give them a chance to absorb before you go flooding one or it may leak. For instance, a Goodnite for me can hold three, smaller daytime pees, but if I try using one first thing in the morning when I've REALLY gotta go, they almost always leak. If you're looking for a full-on diaper instead of a pull-up, I recommend the Walmart brand plastic backed. I believe the Walmart Brand diapers are called Assurance, but don't quote me on that.

I second this- as someone new to this, they were an easy and SATISFYING purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to reply to the comment about the Always Discreet. Oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back