Best pull-up

Rave1 said:
From a prostatectomy. Mostly it’s a dribble but sometimes a need to empty my bladder comes on so suddenly and urgently I don’t have time to get to a toilet. I can manage it somewhat by going to the bathroom every couple of hours even if I don’t feel a need so I like being able to pull down the pull up, but then if I really get caught somewhere without a toilet and release a full bladder the pull-up can leak.

You had a prostatectomy in your 20s?

Sophy said:
Like I already said: I don’t know how you do it but you have my admiration for that. I wish I had your same luck.
It’s not that hard to hide, that you are wearing and needing diapers. I have been back in them for years now, and no one have said nor mentioned anything. I do my utmost to be discrete. Even though I’m not able to change at work, I still manage to be stealthy while wearing the same diaper for 8+ hours. Sure when I look at the end of the day, I can see my diaper beginning to bulge.
However I wear lose fitting clothes which help disguise my diaper.
It’s all about planning and finding the exact diaper or diaper combination which works for you.
However the learning curve is steep, so be prepared for failures along the way. But you’ll learn a lot while doing it. One thing is how different your bladder behaves. Despite I’m dealing with urge incontinece, my incontinence can be moderate and severe.

I like tranquility pull ups

Reactions: SAPexpanded
Sophy said:
I can only agree with your answer, except for the part that just a few people notice, because unless you’re a magician, I don’t know how you managed to hide it that well.

I wear one pants size up and darker coloured and a onesie to stop the diaper from showing when I bend or stretch other people may have noticed and not commented but after 4.5plus years of needing to be diapered I have long since accepted my medical need for diapers and no longer care or worry if people notice. I guess its true the older you get the less you worry about what others may or may not think you simply learn its not worth the constant stress.

Reactions: Rave1 and chamberpot
HumanFly said:
You had a prostatectomy in your 20s?
Yep, guess I have bad genes, my father and grandfather both got it in their 50s and I got "lucky" at 25

I've found that Always Overnight (not what you can easily find in the store) are a good balance between capacity/leakage and bulk. Though I do have to say, they are not perfect and I can end up with wet clothes.

Some of the bulky (thick) pull ons from Abena and like are too thick without the benefit of snug leg gathers thus, leak more - this is my experience. Don't get me started on the butt jut.

Though I do have to say that cloth inserts with covers/wraps tend to leak more. At least that is what I am struggling with in trying to work with them. Those that use cloth care to chime in?

Last edited:
Depend real fit, works fin for me. If I don't mack it to the bathroom or dribble a bit. I still keep a change of pants and pull-ups
just incase.

Reactions: WoodenBelly and Rave1
As a male the Tena Maxi underwear that they sell at shoppers or Rexall is the best value for your money. They fit well, super comfy! And they work. Wider crotch and leg guards help with erections. Honestly our junk sits very diffrent from a womans. A lot better than depends or prevail or even molicare for comfort and fit and absorbency. Heck I've even bought them in the airport! I sometimes travel alot and try to carry as little as possible because I know stores sell Tena and they are kinda the best.

Ive tried northshore go supremes and abriflex m3, abriflex gets my vote as the best. They are very breathable and i once had one take 5 large wettings without fail, the last 2 were sitting down even. Alot of pull-on effectiveness relies on sizing. Im a 39in hip and the medium abriflex fit me really well, just be careful about full floods and moving until its had a few seconds to do its job. I trust one to get me through 8hr shift at work, im actually considering buying a case to replace my regular underwear as they're pretty affordable too.

Zorbid said:
As a male the Tena Maxi underwear that they sell at shoppers or Rexall is the best value for your money. They fit well, super comfy! And they work. Wider crotch and leg guards help with erections. Honestly our junk sits very diffrent from a womans. A lot better than depends or prevail or even molicare for comfort and fit and absorbency. Heck I've even bought them in the airport! I sometimes travel alot and try to carry as little as possible because I know stores sell Tena and they are kinda the best.

Thanks I'll have to give those a try

askmelater47 said:
Ive tried northshore go supremes and abriflex m3, abriflex gets my vote as the best. They are very breathable and i once had one take 5 large wettings without fail, the last 2 were sitting down even. Alot of pull-on effectiveness relies on sizing. Im a 39in hip and the medium abriflex fit me really well, just be careful about full floods and moving until its had a few seconds to do its job. I trust one to get me through 8hr shift at work, im actually considering buying a case to replace my regular underwear as they're pretty affordable too.

I have pack of Abri-Flex L3 and yeah they are pretty good, at least they're padded all over unlike so many which just have it on the bottom. It seems like the only issue is that the leg guards aren't very reliable, and the SAP doesn't work fast enough, so sometimes I end up with small leaks. A couple times now though I've tried combing an Abri-Flex with a diaper doubler and that seems to work a lot better.

Rave1 said:
Thanks I'll have to give those a try

I have pack of Abri-Flex L3 and yeah they are pretty good, at least they're padded all over unlike so many which just have it on the bottom. It seems like the only issue is that the leg guards aren't very reliable, and the SAP doesn't work fast enough, so sometimes I end up with small leaks. A couple times now though I've tried combing an Abri-Flex with a diaper doubler and that seems to work a lot better.
Yeah ive added boosters to diapers that are slow to absorb and they really do help with surge alot. And thats the trade off with the m3, to get a more discreet fit and still have a ton of absorbency they have more SAP which is slower to absorb.

I'm male but I like the Tena women's pull-ups and overnight pull-ups. I don't push their capacity and they haven't leaked yet.

I tried the Tena men's super plus today for the first time and I really like them. The padding comes up higher in the front than Depends or Tranquility. They're more discreet than the Abri-Flex yet they seem less prone to leakage even without a booster.

Back