Best pull-up

Rave1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hi could anyone please recommend the best pull-up style diaper for men for wearing all day? I'm currently incontinent due to a medical procedure. I need something discrete which doesn't restrict mobility too much and fairly absorbent. Currently using Abena Abri-Flex which is pretty good but it's not the most absorbent and I'm wondering if there's something better out there.

I am bladder and bowel incontinent and cannot give you any advise on pull ups because they would be completely inadequate for my needs. I always use high quality tape on adult diapers for the containment of my accidents.

I’ll start by just saying that I was never really able to use pull-ups for long due to my heavy wetting and soiling and that I’m a girl so my opinion might not be the most reliable, but I tried a lot of different ones.
According to my “testings” Tena always produces the best and most comfortable medical diapers, also pull-up pants.
The ones with most capacity are the Tena Pants Maxi that can hold up to 1.5 - 2 litres, might not be a lot but for being really thin and discreet pants they tend to leak rarely within their capacity and your skin stays also pretty dry. Give them a try at least. Let me know if you have any further questions.
-Sophy

Reactions: Zorbid
Rave1 said:
Hi could anyone please recommend the best pull-up style diaper for men for wearing all day? I'm currently incontinent due to a medical procedure. I need something discrete which doesn't restrict mobility too much and fairly absorbent. Currently using Abena Abri-Flex which is pretty good but it's not the most absorbent and I'm wondering if there's something better out there.

I like always descreet disposable bladder control panties, Very assorbant and thin, no one can tell if you 're wearing. I like the decorative maximum panties, can pee 3 or 4 times before changing. A good 6 to 7 hours,I like wearing under control to pantyhose, but not necesary.

Rave, Pull-ups work well only with very light levels of incontinence. For anything more, you need a tape-on diaper. There are really three problems with pull-ups. First, they do not contain enough absorbent material to deal with anything more that a few drops at a time. Second, it’s almost impossible to get a proper seal around the legs to prevent leaks. And third, to change, you need to take of your outer pants and also likely your shoes, which is probably something you would not want to do in many public washrooms. Tape-on diapers have none of these disadvantages, but you have to get your head around the idea that it’s OK for a grown man to wear a diaper. It has helped me to think of wearing a diaper to manage my incontinence as being comparable to wearing glasses to improve vision or a hearing aid to improve hearing.

Are you using the level 3 (most absorbent) Abena Abriflex?

I'm a very heavy bedwetter. I need the highest capacity tape-up Abena diapers.

I recently ran out of diapers while travelling. The Abriflex L3 was the best I could find in the local store. To my amazement, it could hold one of my wettings.

I have been wearing and find Sam's Club total protection briefs to be excellent for my moderate leaking during the day , they will take a full wet but it has to be a long slow wet which i have the ability to control at this point. They are inexpensive at around 35 bucks for a case of 80 briefs.
Night time I need to wear a better diaper and i use north shores magamax

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Take a look at the Northshore offerings. I've tried the GoSupreme, and it's quite absorbent.

As others have said, though, pull ups are only suitable for light to at most moderate dribbles. Tape-on diapers are much more reliable, and generally just as discreet.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and eastcoastdl
rio20090 said:
Are you using the level 3 (most absorbent) Abena Abriflex?

I'm a very heavy bedwetter. I need the highest capacity tape-up Abena diapers.

I recently ran out of diapers while travelling. The Abriflex L3 was the best I could find in the local store. To my amazement, it could hold one of my wettings.

Yep I'm using Abri-Form L4 at night and Abri-Flex L3 during the day. I just find the flex more comfortable for walking around in. Usually I can change quickly enough after a single wetting so it's not a big deal, and they definitely seem more reliable than the Depends I tried before, but still wondering if there's anything better out there.

I have tried abri flex l3 but leak , also tried forma care pull ups which are useless and irritate round legs , I have found the cheaper the products the less comfortable they are , so now gone back to Tena maxi pull ups as very good during day and abena premium l4 nappies at night with plastic pants and a thin pull up over the nappy at night just to help save washing bed sheet .

For me pullups leaked almost every time as I flood most times due to my OAB, I would recommend switching to a tapped diaper like Betterdry or northshores diapers as you will get a better fit and they are more absorbent and you can change easier in a taped diaper.
In almost 5 years only 2 people noticed I was wearing and that was due to bringing in my backpack to change.

Rave1 said:

If you need the M4 briefs at night you probably need proper tape-up briefs during the daytime as well. If you must use pull-ups then the Abena M3s are probably the best you can get, to my knowledge (I've seen others with better quoted absorbency but which leaked with one 'go' - Lille's spring to mind there - and I don't recommend the Tena pull-ups as they make me itch; YMMV). I recommend Tena's Active Fit Slips during the day; they are quite thin, very discreet under normal trousers, they don't crinkle and they're plastic backed so they're not clammy to the touch when you have to change them (they do a textile feel version of the Slip as well). Depending on where you are, you may be able to get a plastic version of the M4 brief.

What's the medical procedure if I may ask? And do you dribble or release in one go?

ID Pants Maxi are the best I’ve encountered but if these don’t do the job, then it’s tape-on.

Rob110 said:
For me pullups leaked almost every time as I flood most times due to my OAB, I would recommend switching to a tapped diaper like Betterdry or northshores diapers as you will get a better fit and they are more absorbent and you can change easier in a taped diaper.
In almost 5 years only 2 people noticed I was wearing and that was due to bringing in my backpack to change.
I can only agree with your answer, except for the part that just a few people notice, because unless you’re a magician, I don’t know how you managed to hide it that well.

Sophy said:
I can only agree with your answer, except for the part that just a few people notice, because unless you’re a magician, I don’t know how you managed to hide it that well.
I have not been cought either. I am using MoliCare Slip Maxi which is a quite thick tape-on diaper, but still no-one noticed. Thankfully, I work in an office, and bringing office-style backpacks around is quite normal. So it is not a magic trick to hide. Not even most of my family knows that I am wearing.

Petya217 said:
I have not been cought either. I am using MoliCare Slip Maxi which is a quite thick tape-on diaper, but still no-one noticed. Thankfully, I work in an office, and bringing office-style backpacks around is quite normal. So it is not a magic trick to hide. Not even most of my family knows that I am wearing.
Like I already said: I don’t know how you do it but you have my admiration for that. I wish I had your same luck.

HumanFly said:
If you need the M4 briefs at night you probably need proper tape-up briefs during the daytime as well. If you must use pull-ups then the Abena M3s are probably the best you can get, to my knowledge (I've seen others with better quoted absorbency but which leaked with one 'go' - Lille's spring to mind there - and I don't recommend the Tena pull-ups as they make me itch; YMMV). I recommend Tena's Active Fit Slips during the day; they are quite thin, very discreet under normal trousers, they don't crinkle and they're plastic backed so they're not clammy to the touch when you have to change them (they do a textile feel version of the Slip as well). Depending on where you are, you may be able to get a plastic version of the M4 brief.

What's the medical procedure if I may ask? And do you dribble or release in one go?

From a prostatectomy. Mostly it’s a dribble but sometimes a need to empty my bladder comes on so suddenly and urgently I don’t have time to get to a toilet. I can manage it somewhat by going to the bathroom every couple of hours even if I don’t feel a need so I like being able to pull down the pull up, but then if I really get caught somewhere without a toilet and release a full bladder the pull-up can leak.

Rave1 said:
From a prostatectomy. Mostly it’s a dribble but sometimes a need to empty my bladder comes on so suddenly and urgently I don’t have time to get to a toilet. I can manage it somewhat by going to the bathroom every couple of hours even if I don’t feel a need so I like being able to pull down the pull up, but then if I really get caught somewhere without a toilet and release a full bladder the pull-up can leak.
If you like being able to pull down a pull-up but need the absorbency of a taped brief I'd recommend using taped briefs but just undoing the top tapes instead of all four tapes, then you can pull it down and then just tape the top two tapes back up when you pull it back up

Back