Best plastic pants for cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anton

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What are the best plastic pants for use with cloth diapers? And where is the best place to ft them? I have tried baby pants.com, but they just don't last very long, and adultclothdiaper.com, which seem fairly good. I'm hoping to move to more re-usable diapers and want a quality plastic pant to go with them.

Last edited:
Most pants are a thin plastic. They are worth about two months. The thicker plastic (7Mil) will last two to three times as long. Then there are the PUL, which will last much longer.

PUL pants will last a really long time. Unlike regular plastic they are actually designed to withstand a lot of wear and heat, it's even generally safe to stick them through the washer and dryer.

I've always been a big fan of the changing times ones. They're soft, durable, and have wide, stretchy elastic around the legs that doesn't dig into your skin like some of the others.

Thank you, these are great suggestions. I also appreciate the links!!!

I bought like 20 plastic pants from baby pants. Mine last 6 months though.

You can find a wide variety of very well made and comfortable waterproof pants of different materials at Baby Kins. Great service too.

where are they failing? if the plastic is splitting at the legs or waist, you may be trying to wear them too tight causing stress around the openings, try 1 or even 2 sizes larger, the larger will provide better coverage over your diaper, hand wash them! hang to dry.

I've been using the same PUL pants from Changing Times Diaper Co now for 2 years. Have 4 pair and wear a different
one everynight over my twill prefold from same co.

I like Haian brand; get them on e-bay, they come from China. I wear both snap-on and pull-on ones. Many different styles and colors, too. They last forever.

I wear medium salk sani-pants. They arent adult baby oriented but they work and last a long time.

Ever since Dogboy recommended the PUL type several years ago, I have been extremely pleased! I use to wear the regular vinyl plastic underpants but they were so hot most of the time. Now I can wear my adult cloth training underwear (rather thick) and my PULs in total comfort.

I have been wearing the same Angelfluff "Blue ice" pants for the last 9 years in both snap and pull on, I wear them 24/7 over my cloth and disposables.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If you are looking for long wearing plastic panties, there is another material you might investigate that is called 'Euroflex', the material is unusual in as much as it is clear and looks like vinyl, but is stretchy and a bit clingy like latex. They produce a very distinct but quiet-ish rustle when walking, not at all like the crinkle of vinyl. i had two pair i wore 24/7 for two years straight, and by the end of that time, the panties themselves were still in great condition, but the elastic was finally giving out. They are a bit pricey, but last forever.. https://www.llmedico.com/6/plastic-pants/#/material-euroflex

Love babykins 6mil if well taken care of last just try to keep baby lotion and baby oil.
Where the diaper is it brakes down plastic's in the plastic as body oil's do to over time.
Also hand wash very mild soap i use baby shampoo then pat dry with towel.
Then hang dry .Mine tend to last 2-3 years.

I use the regular PUL pants from adultclothdiaper.com. They last forever and will indeed go through the dryer just fine. I have been using about 1/8 cup of bleach when I wash my clothies and have had no issues with the PULs breaking down. PULs are more expensive but worth every bit of the extra expense. I've had 4 pair for about 2 years and they are still doing great.

The thing to remember about euro flex is if you are diabetic you can not use them, something in our urine kills those pants quick.

Babykins makes great rubber pants as well as bloomers, bloomers are the preffered pant for those who sit or lie down a lot.

It will depend on the diapers that you're using, as well. I wear pin-on square terry diapers to bed, and they're large enough that if I wear them with standard-cut plastic pants the pants don't seal properly at the back. High-waist plastic pants are preferable for those diapers. There might be more compact diapers out there, however.

I wear high waisters myself, and in a strange way high waisted diapers break up your silhouette, for anybody wanting extra discretion.

My pants are all custom because I have smaller leg openings so as my disease progresses they continue to fit, it also allows me to specify a higher rise length and belt to belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back