Best medical diapers with tapes

JaysonTheRegressor said:
it's stress incontinence

What are some of the best (in quality and affordability) ones to buy?

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. What I’ve read regarding SUI, a lighter pull on for severe cases is talked about. So, something like Aways discreet, or Depends should work. Match your leakage to the absorbency of your protection.

You are lucky that you retain the ability to control bladder urges and use the toilet. Your issues are thankfully anticipated based a lot on activity. Best of luck finding a balance, let us know what you come up with.

Not sure how a [thick] diaper helps you.

I thought I'd add, in addition to the earlier discussion about Tranquility, that I happen to be wearing a Tranquility ATN this afternoon and inadvertently put two BIG wettings into it after consuming a high-caffeine beverage and it's holding up amazingly. It's still no Abena, but man, if Tranquility isn't "the little diaper that could", I don't know what is.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
MandyBear said:
For a bit of comparison, wearing every night plus some extra ones, a year would look like this:
*All costs include any shipping charges.
*AZ prime does cost $13 a month or $119 a yr but some retailers do offer free shipping without it.

Abena M4s 42*10 cases = 420 diapers Cost $500
Northshore Supreme Lites 60* 7 cases = 420 diapers Cost $595 [not as good as M4s unless you don't wet a lot a night, but still more expensive]
Northshore Supreme 60* 7 cases = 420 diapers Cost $700 [about the same overall as M4s, my opinion, don't judge me! lol]

Betterdry [thru Northshore] 60* 7 cases = 420 diapers Cost $790 [personally I can't compare them to NS or Abenas]
Northshore MegaMax 40*10 cases = 400 diapers Cost $1000 [better then M4s but might be to much/wasting them +you get less of them]

So spending an additional $100 to $200 over a year for something you need to have can add up.
I would love to have/wear all the different NS Supreme colors as my everyday diaper, but $200 is $200.
Which pays for my Prime membership +extra, or 4 more cases of M4s in a year, lol.
This was a great analysis. Thank you!

ltaluv said:
This was a great analysis. Thank you!
Your welcome and Thank You too!

Although I may have to splurge on a case of NS Supremes in purple or the pink they hinted at when they come out cause they are cute and pretty. :)

Last edited:
I wear tena maxi slips and plastic pants at night and comfort extra or super large shaped pads and inco pants during the day. If I know I won't be able to change often I wear maxis and plastic pants during the day.

MandyBear said:
So spending an additional $100 to $200 over a year for something you need to have can add up.
I would love to have/wear all the different NS Supreme colors as my everyday diaper, but $200 is $200.
Which pays for my Prime membership +extra, or 4 more cases of M4s in a year, lol.

If one buys Starbucks coffee 3-4 times a week as part of their morning commute (pre-Covid), it adds up to ~$500/yr. Those damn points. Just thinking, skipping one visit per week, you could have your coffee and purple diapers too!

Reactions: SAPexpanded
daylight said:
If one buys Starbucks coffee 3-4 times a week as part of their morning commute (pre-Covid), it adds up to ~$500/yr. Those damn points. Just thinking, skipping one visit per week, you could have your coffee and purple diapers too!
HA HA HA!! True for some but I can't stand that overpriced swill Starbucks calls coffee! I'll take my $2.00 20oz from Wawa thanks.
Lets just say if I were to stop drinking coffee, forget purple dips, I could buy a purple Porsche LOL.

Last edited:
camperspampers1 said:
Tena Slip Active Fit are very good during the day. The plastic is very smooth, and barely crinkles when under clothing. I don't like them at night, however, since they do not wick like Abenas, and can back up and leak over the top without getting the back wet.

Yes, I've been having exactly this problem: the urine stays near where it comes out and risks leaking out of the sides while the back is usually bone dry. I'm looking for an alternative for night time but the alternatives are really expensive and come in fewer units per pack.

MandyBear said:
Lets just say if I were to stop drinking coffee, forget purple dips, I could buy a purple Porsche LOL.

True.

What/Why people spend their disposable income is interesting. The pandemic has gotten people to think harder on what is needed vs want.

Betterdry / Crinklz / Northshore are my current stock. Those are who I trust the most. Comfidry used to be good, but then the changed the tapes and absorbancy and I no longer use them.

Reactions: joemama
I've been in and out of adult diapers since 1987 and 24/7 since 2006 due to severe OAB. I've tried most everything out there at one point in time or another and I've settled on the ConfiDry 24/7. For me the absorbency seems about the same as the Abena M4 diapers, but the ConfiDry 24/7 fits me better in the medium than does the Abena. I also prefer the plain white of the ConfiDry versus the "design" on the outside of the Abena. Either way I always use with boosters and plastic pants for extra security.

Betterdry with booster for me

BetterDry

Back