Best Booster Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catchu93

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So I’m looking for a good booster pad and I am wondering if anything really separates them, or if they are all pretty much the same. I know Abena makes one, Tykables recently too, and ABU. But are there any differences? Which is the best bang for your buck?
Any and all help and opinions are appreciated!

I’ve only used NorthShore small and large. I prefer the large. The large fits perfectly between the leak guards on a Crinklz or Megamax. They have an adhesive strip down the middle. It more or less eliminates the “press out” leaks when sitting. I will eventually try ABU power ups and Tykables.

CrinklingCajun said:
I’ve only used NorthShore small and large. I prefer the large. The large fits perfectly between the leak guards on a Crinklz or Megamax. They have an adhesive strip down the middle. It more or less eliminates the “press out” leaks when sitting. I will eventually try ABU power ups and Tykables.
I’ll have to try those out, thank you

I second the northshore. They wont be the best fit with tykables though since they have the waddle cut

I've tried plenty of boosters, these are my observations of the ones ive used so far.

The abena Abri-let Maxi boosters are ok:
They start out thin and swell a bit, are longer than most other boosters/run the length of most diapers and fit nicely between the leak guards of just about any adult diaper.
Just get the Maxi, not the regular and you'll be fine.

The tranquility boosters(both the standard and contour) aren't super great but help a little:
Thin but Soft, wick wetness pretty well, dont swell a ton, and for me I've had the issue of them bursting and sap getting out.

The Large NorthShore boosters are pretty good:
Start thin and swell quite a bit, wick well, wont burst easily, have an adhesive strip to hold it in place and are of decent length and with for adequate coverage.

The Rears boosters are my current favorite and work great for me:
Start out thick and fluffy and swell a ton, sweet scent and wick well.
Certainly worth a try, imho.

The ABU Powerups are decent but basically like the old Quadros from Bambino:
They swell a lot, have an adhesive strip, don't burst easily and a very wide pad.

The Totaldry Ultimate Boostups are pretty good:
Start out sorta thick and fluffy and swell a crazy amount, hourglass shape to fit better between your legs, adhesive strip, but unfortunately have the problem of bursting from time to time.
Still a good booster though.

Haven't tried the new and improved Quadro boosters from bambino, but the old Quadros were pretty decent though so if the new Quadros are improved then I'd say they're def worth a try, especially the new Quadro "Deluxe" which sound pretty crazy absorbent.

Jonnythepony said:
I've tried plenty of boosters, these are my observations of the ones ive used so far.

The abena Abri-let Maxi boosters are ok:
They start out thin and swell a bit, are longer than most other boosters/run the length of most diapers and fit nicely between the leak guards of just about any adult diaper.
Just get the Maxi, not the regular and you'll be fine.

The tranquility boosters(both the standard and contour) aren't super great but help a little:
Thin but Soft, wick wetness pretty well, dont swell a ton, and for me I've had the issue of them bursting and sap getting out.

The Large NorthShore boosters are pretty good:
Start thin and swell quite a bit, wick well, wont burst easily, have an adhesive strip to hold it in place and are of decent length and with for adequate coverage.

The Rears boosters are my current favorite and work great for me:
Start out thick and fluffy and swell a ton, sweet scent and wick well.
Certainly worth a try, imho.

The ABU Powerups are decent but basically like the old Quadros from Bambino:
They swell a lot, have an adhesive strip, don't burst easily and a very wide pad.

The Totaldry Ultimate Boostups are pretty good:
Start out sorta thick and fluffy and swell a crazy amount, hourglass shape to fit better between your legs, adhesive strip, but unfortunately have the problem of bursting from time to time.
Still a good booster though.

Haven't tried the new and improved Quadro boosters from bambino, but the old Quadros were pretty decent though so if the new Quadros are improved then I'd say they're def worth a try, especially the new Quadro "Deluxe" which sound pretty crazy absorbent.
So if I am understanding your wording right it sounds like the rankings on your list go Rearz, Northshore, ABU, Totaldry, abena, and lastly tranquility?

Reactions: tiny
Catchu93 said:
So if I am understanding your wording right it sounds like the rankings on your list go Rearz, Northshore, ABU, Totaldry, abena, and lastly tranquility?
My personal go to boosters are the Rears and the Abena boosters, but the wording and how I wrote the whole thing is a bit wonky, my bad :p

But that is a pretty accurate ranking of them to me (besides the abena personally), and obviously other people will have their faves and such.
Might want to just give them all a try and find out what's right for you ^u^

And don't forget about the Bambino Quadros, still haven't seen a proper review on them yet but they were pretty good even before they revamped them and made the "Deluxe" as well, so still a high capacity option there.

DanielW said:
I know there are people who like the extra bulk, and there are times when you really do need extra absorbancy, but it bugs me to now need 3 products where 1 used to do just fine.
I know, just like how Abena was just about as good as it got in a diaper.
I miss the old Abena and their fluffy boosters before they got cheap and lame :(

Last edited:
sissybaby34 said:
I use Lille Classic pads that fit well between the leg guards in most Diapers/nappies. Not sure if you can get them in the USA but are readily available in the UK. I get mine from here, https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/brands/lille-healthcare
I use them too. I use the small one for daily use with a Tena plus Slip. They don't have an adhesive strip which means they can move about!

sissybaby34 said:
I use Lille Classic pads that fit well between the leg guards in most Diapers/nappies. Not sure if you can get them in the USA but are readily available in the UK. I get mine from here, https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/brands/lille-healthcare

I use the Lille boosters too. They wick moisture better than other boosters, they're thinner, and they just feel great. :)

The Abena boosters are thicker/bulkier but they don't feel so nice. Save Express have their own-brand boosters, and they seem to be identical to the Abena ones.

I like Better dri with two doubler, a north shore medium, layered under a small. makes for a nice thick experience. If In a north shore pull-up, just wear two smalls layered open on top of each other. Lopve the thick feeling, and the long lasting effect in getting a soaked diaper. Be careful taking off a real soaker, cause their doublers might fall apart and land elsewhere.

Catchu93 said:
So I’m looking for a good booster pad and I am wondering if anything really separates them, or if they are all pretty much the same. I know Abena makes one, Tykables recently too, and ABU. But are there any differences? Which is the best bang for your buck?
Any and all help and opinions are appreciated!
Abena booster pads are great they don't have any adhesive I use them in my diapers but mostly tranquility and select although I am using attend booster pads in my diaper right now feels good and know I will sleep great

Thank you all for all of this info. I really appreciate it. I have another question I’d like to pose. For those of you that have tried. Which do you like better, megamax or dry 24/7
I kinda love the reusable tapes on the megamax but the dry 24/7 just fits so well.

Oh yeah... I was going to order one pack of Abena L4, but all they had was up to 3 in all sizes :/ don't they even make L4/M4 diapers anymore??? What a disappointment..

I use lille boosters, too! Tho I got a real good deal years back for some random boosters, I'll need to go check what they are! I got 1000 of them for dirt cheap and I LLLLOOVE the bulk of a really big diaper, so doubling up and boosting up is an obvious choice :3
I also got some super cheap Tena belt diapers. One pack of M's which are too small for me, so I use those as boosters, too.

I have a case of abena m4 that should be arriving today

Catchu93 said:
Thank you all for all of this info. I really appreciate it. I have another question I’d like to pose. For those of you that have tried. Which do you like better, megamax or dry 24/7
I kinda love the reusable tapes on the megamax but the dry 24/7 just fits so well.
If they fit you so well, it sounds like you already have your answer. I prefer the Megamax but diapers are very personal.

North shore is my go to. Very reasonable price and the preform very good.

TyphaHare said:
Oh yeah... I was going to order one pack of Abena L4, but all they had was up to 3 in all sizes :/ don't they even make L4/M4 diapers anymore??? What a disappointment..
They still have the plastic backed version M4/L4
they just aren't as fantastic as they once were and you can only get the plastic backed here in the US. And only a few specific websites who still carry them.

I get my M4s from Diaperbuys.com cause they carry plastic backed M4/L4 cheaper than other places and do free shipping on $35+ orders in the US

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back