Benefits of nappies

Inconinmiss said:
My incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I’m 79 now. I’ve never been reliably dry at night since the mishap. From between the ages of 14 and 17, I had to wear a diaper 24/7; and that together with the behaviour of my peers made my life during high school pretty miserable. However, my urologist advised me to do what nowadays are called Kegel exercises; and I was fanatical about doing them even more often than recommended. As a result, I got to the point where I could generally go without a daytime diaper by the time I went away to university. Things went on like that until I was in my 40s, at which point my daytime Issues worsened to the point that I once again needed round-the-clock protection. So I went back to wearing a diaper 24/7. A number of urologists have recommended that I wear a sheath connected to a leg bag instead of diapers, and I’ve tried various makes and models of the sheaths. However, I prefer diapers. I’ve come to enjoy how a diaper feels and even become a bit of a diaper lover. But the main attraction of wearing a diaper is that it allows me to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it without having to worry about visibly wetting my pants of pyjamas.
Sorry about your mishap.I had some problem's growing up last wet at 13yrs then dry thank goodness when married the 2nd time in late 50's started nightime wetting but like you started having daytime trouble.My wife wanted me back in diapers to protect things and like you don't want a sheath.

Wetshisbed said:
Not having to use filthy public toilets has to be a good thing.
i never liked public toilets. In this pandemic, they positively terrify me. I love my nappies!!

• Love
Reactions: Zeke, surprise35 and GigglyKid
The best thing about nappies is not having to get up early in the morning if desperate for a wee

• Love
Reactions: Sidewinder and GigglyKid
They make me feel safe, and They prevent my bed from getting wet.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, surprise35 and Sidewinder
Diapers have always been a fun thing for me, and also a just in case thing. Worrying that I might have an accident in public, because of holding my bladder for too long. Then in 2016 lost a significant amount of vision and with it my confidence to be independent and get around easily. Within these past few years also my need for diabetes drugs has increased and now one of the pills I take makes me Pee a lot. I’ve also noticed that I have had some control issues in the past five or six years also just ever so slightly but when combined with the other factors means that diapers 24/7 is definitely a must. They take the stress out of my daily life of being able to get around and feeling more independent about doing things without having to worry about wetting my self. They also help me get a lot better sleep because having to get up 4 to 5 times a night it’s just ridiculous. Recently I have upgraded the quality of my diapers to be using Safari and dry 24/7 on a more regular basis. Also have incorporated a few pairs of Gary wear pants. I have also discovered the usefulness of a onesie .

Took massive amounts of anxiety away when I was waiting for surgery on my diseased bowel. Being worried about where the nearest toilet was and worse still can I get there on time.... and is it empty... still scared me. Thinking about it actually used to bring on the cramping and urgency.
Wearing nappies took away the stress and anxiety. I filled them a few times which was disgusting with liquid blood stained diarrhoea but more often than not I was ok

Reactions: Shuntorie
woolyDL said:
Took massive amounts of anxiety away when I was waiting for surgery on my diseased bowel. Being worried about where the nearest toilet was and worse still can I get there on time.... and is it empty... still scared me. Thinking about it actually used to bring on the cramping and urgency.
Wearing nappies took away the stress and anxiety. I filled them a few times which was disgusting with liquid blood stained diarrhoea but more often than not I was ok
Wow

Not having to get up 7 or 8 times a night to wee.
Not having to use disgusting filthy public toilets.
Not busting your bladder looking for a public toilet.
Not having to worry about finding somewhere suitable to wee when out in the countryside with a group.
I can do anything I used to before becoming thoroughly if and more.
Always having a nice feeling of security.
Not being dependant on finding a toilet.
Going on long journeys without breaks.
And of course all of the other posters reasons.
Nappies rule !

Reactions: Seabear, diaperedwetter and Sidewinder
Wetshisbed said:
Not having to use filthy public toilets has to be a good thing.
i agree with that being that is part of my job to clean some

Back