Belissmos v2 coming apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
We got our case of Belissmos v2 a few days ago. We're in love with them until the next morning when we untaped the diaper, the leak guards separated and the sap was exposed! Anyone else having this problem?

Now the first night I thought maybe my onesie snagged it. But last night I just wore a diaper and tshirt to bed and sure enough the next morning the same thing happened! Am I putting them on too tight? Maybe the tapes are pulling it apart? It only happened a few times with tykables even with humping. Should I untape a least one tape if plan to hump? I'm really hoping they didnt give us a defective case! I'm sure its gonna be a real pain to try to do a return.

So no one else is having issues with these? I wanted to order some, but waiting to see if it’s worth it. Cheers.

the adhesives in some diapers seems to be going downhill. Extended exposure to urine soaked padding can dissolve some adhesives like the ones tha glue the leak guard curtain down and that attach the top sheet to the shell, like you're describing.

• Wow
Reactions: MrGnome
MrGnome said:
We got our case of Belissmos v2 a few days ago. We're in love with them until the next morning when we untaped the diaper, the leak guards separated and the sap was exposed! Anyone else having this problem?

Now the first night I thought maybe my onesie snagged it. But last night I just wore a diaper and tshirt to bed and sure enough the next morning the same thing happened! Am I putting them on too tight? Maybe the tapes are pulling it apart? It only happened a few times with tykables even with humping. Should I untape a least one tape if plan to hump? I'm really hoping they didnt give us a defective case! I'm sure its gonna be a real pain to try to do a return.
I would contact bambino. I know ABU has offered to pay for part of my next order because of defective products.

Reactions: LilxFawn and MrGnome
I had them also replace part of my order that was bad, they were great at resolving the issue ,

are you using any oils`or lotions ?
there is a disclaimer on some abdl diapers that those can make diapers do this type of things,

guest said:
are you using any oils`or lotions ?
there is a disclaimer on some abdl diapers that those can make diapers do this type of things,
Yes I did actually In fact. I usually put alot on. And my wife sometimes put so much on, its up on my upper thighs. I always get mad when she does that. But mainly cause I didn't like that much oil up there. But now I know why for much bigger reasons why she should never do that cause of the glue. I never knew you couldn't use baby oil or baby lotion. You know of any safe lotions for disposable diapers? I think the diaper feels too dry with no lotion.

Anyway for more positive news these diapers don't clump after 10 hours or more even, after being a bit rough!

PaSS said:
I would contact bambino. I know ABU has offered to pay for part of my next order because of defective products.
I did actually but he said to contact them if I had anymore doing this. But now that i know the lotion can dissolve the glue. I'm gonna try a diaper tonight without lotion or baby oil. I'm really hoping there not defective and just a lotion problem! *crossing my fingers*

MrGnome said:
I did actually but he said to contact them if I had anymore doing this. But now that i know the lotion can dissolve the glue. I'm gonna try a diaper tonight without lotion or baby oil. I'm really hoping there not defective and just a lotion problem! *crossing my fingers*
Well I hope that works out!

For what it may be worth, yesterday I received and wore my first Belissmos v2, one during the day and another over night. I was very concerned when I read about your experience with this new diaper. Fortunately they have, so far at least, performed as I had hoped with no problems or issues.

I only use Bambino and Rearz diapers, I point that out because I wear Bambinos a lot. I've personally never had a problem, I think they've actually been remarkable consistent with their diapers being quality (at least in my experience). It sounds to me like you're overdoing it on the baby oil. Just use lotion, only on your diaper area, not legs, and make sure you rub it in good. You should be fine as long as you control the amount of oil/lotion you use.

Ok so my paranoia is over the lotion was the cause of the leg guards separating yay! You guys have nothing to worry about! In the morning It was nice beautiful plump diapey with no sap! I'm a very happy Gnomie! :p

babylilygirl said:
For what it may be worth, yesterday I received and wore my first Belissmos v2, one during the day and another over night. I was very concerned when I read about your experience with this new diaper. Fortunately they have, so far at least, performed as I had hoped with no problems or issues.
Yup it was the lotion thank god! Do you know any safe baby lotions to use? Kinda gonna miss not having any lotion.

I always use nappy rash cream, Sudocrem, I've never had any issues you only need to apply a fine layer on your skin, it keeps you well protected if you wear for extended periods.
If I do use any lotion or oil I make sure it's throughly absorbed in to my skin before putting on my nappy.

I always use Baby Magic lotion with every diaper change. I've never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back