Being the kind of ABDL I am, I feel special, and weird.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
People who like disposables, have no need of thinking about detergent. I'm a detergent alchemist. I want to get my hands on Earthwise Ultra, from New Zealand, and mix it with Amway SA8, and Rocklin' Green, (Funk Rock and Hard Rock, split evenly.) Sposie people wouldn't ever think of making a wipe solution. I get to dream up recipes. After that, butt cream, and AB lotion shouldn't be hard.

I don't know how to explain it, but there's something very gold label, and indulgent, without being snobby, about good cloth.

Cloth is home. Sposies are someone else's house. If I love the someone, I can try, and might even like their house, but home is home, no matter how long it's been.

I get to notice, and nitpick, everything, because I chose every aspect. The feelings and thoughts might very well be the same, but the expression is different. I can spend hours on my favorite fabric store website, where most would do the same on, for example, Tykables.

The amount of time spent thinking about aspects of them, like system, storage, fabrics, closures, and elastics, rivals anyone's.

There are 2 areas where I'm jealous of sposies. I'm a sucker for cute packaging, with marketing crass. I can't wait for positional printing to happen with cloth.

:poop: kicker is, I was a sposie baby! What the heck?!?
 
  • Love
Reactions: OmiOMy

redprtodd

Est. Contributor
Messages
22
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Lol - That's too funny! I'm the opposite - I was a cloth baby and I am obsessed with Disposables in every way - cloth to me isn't even someone else's house, it's a low rent sketchy motel you are forced to stay in because the good hotel down the street is all booked up. We can maybe meet in the middle and agree diaper covers are awesome (I'm an occasional plastic pants over my dispoable kind of guy)
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
redprtodd said:
Lol - That's too funny! I'm the opposite - I was a cloth baby and I am obsessed with Disposables in every way - cloth to me isn't even someone else's house, it's a low rent sketchy motel you are forced to stay in because the good hotel down the street is all booked up. We can maybe meet in the middle and agree diaper covers are awesome (I'm an occasional plastic pants over my dispoable kind of guy)
I think it's a combination of my cerebral palsy making me really tough on disposables, meaning to put a disposable tabbed diaper on, I'm more likely to tear it, than an able bodied person, and I generally have more trouble getting it on straight, my unique sensory issues, and the difference in how my relatives behaved. I was in cloth after surgery, at about 5, with a big, A shaped spica cast. I couldn't sit on the potty.

They said, "It's okay. You gotta go somewhere."

After the casts came off, if neurogenic bladder or bowel stuff happened, they'd put me in a sposie, not really understanding spoies set me off, or that my accidents were because bladders are muscles, bowels are, too, and if my skeletal muscles pitch temper tantrums, maybe it's not a behavioral problem! Sposies were weaponized. See?
 
  • Like
Reactions: OmiOMy

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,862
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Hey that's normal I got chicken pox at 2 months old mom put lotion on me. I hated it to this day I can't stand lotion on my skin.
We like what we like👍
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
foxkits said:
Hey that's normal I got chicken pox at 2 months old mom put lotion on me. I hated it to this day I can't stand lotion on my skin.
We like what we like👍
I'm pretty sure there's autism floating around in my Cerebral Palsy, too. My sensory issues are just. . . Wow. They're so set off by plastic backing! It's so strong, that even with neurogenic stuff going on with my potty muscles, I was out of diapers by 3. They didn't have clothlike disposables back then.
 
Last edited:

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,862
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
No it's came about by moms wanting a better way to save money and a simple way to cloth diaper.
Me there weren't many disposable diapers we wore cloth and plastic or rubber pants mostly used in the 60s
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Trying to find a detergent is frustrating! Amway SA8, though strong enough to deal with the fact that cloth diapers are wearable toilets, has an optical brightener in it! There's one called Activewear, but it's surfactant is at the very bottom of it's list. The Activewear detergent has no fillers. It's just needed stuff. Thats wonderful, but These are toilets! Surfactants need be closer to the top of the list. Why be so weak?

I'm not against liquid. It's just why use liquid in hot water? For puke, blood, pee, or poop, powder makes sense. I can handle regular detergent. My future husband can't. Whatever we use needs no dyes, because he's probably allergic. I'm especially against optical brighteners, because faking me out, so my clothes look clean, without being clean, is dishonest. It can't have fragrance, because he's probably allergic. Cloth diapers hate fabric softener.

His allergies force me into being granola. Why is it, the greener you get, the less manufacturers think surfactants count?

Now, I understand HE formulated detergents are designed not to be too foamy, so as not to flood your laundry room with bubbles. Human waste needs clean.

I'm not above combining good eco-Friendly detergents together, but I won't make a homemade one.

There's a difference between a soap surfactant, and a detergent surfactant. Washing machines require detergent, as do dishwashers. Soaps mess them up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OmiOMy

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Messages
79
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
well, im typically younger than the usual cloth lover but i do prefer cloth to disposables. Idk why, Ive never thought too much about it. I do like the customization and the comfort options available, however i haven't tried much lol. I guess I sorta found something that works on the first try, I do want to try some other types like flats and have my diaper cover. I worry it might be a little too warm, but I'll never know if I dont try it.
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
PuffPuffPaci said:
well, im typically younger than the usual cloth lover but i do prefer cloth to disposables. Idk why, Ive never thought too much about it. I do like the customization and the comfort options available, however i haven't tried much lol. I guess I sorta found something that works on the first try, I do want to try some other types like flats and have my diaper cover. I worry it might be a little too warm, but I'll never know if I dont try it.
Adult flats are cut entirely too small to fit the adults they're for. Go figure. Doesn't mean you can't make your own. They'd start out huge! Gosh, I can't wait to try Zorb! I do, however, need to secure a bloody detergent, first! What do you use? Love your screen name.

Did you know typical detergent powder works miracles as a toilet bowl cleaner? Full scoop, right around the ring. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Brushy brushy, flushy, no more ring.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: OmiOMy

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Messages
79
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I can't sew 🤷🏾‍♂️ but maybe one day I can learn. Seems like I'd need more room and a machine
 

MangaFan

Fan of isekai manga and video games.
Est. Contributor
Messages
52
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I want to get my hands on Earthwise Ultra, from New Zealand, and mix it with Amway SA8, and Rocklin' Green, (Funk Rock and Hard Rock, split evenly.)
Forgive my ignorance on the matter but what is special about these particular detergents?
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
MangaFan said:
Forgive my ignorance on the matter but what is special about these particular detergents?
If you don't have allergies, there's nothing you really need to worry about, but if you're allergic to typical detergent, those don't hurt you, and are strong enough to deal with poop and pee, and blood, and vomit. The fact that they don't hurt the earth is actually secondary.

I have discovered, that the Amway SA8, does have an optical brightener in it, though. Also, stick with regular Earthwise. The ultra has coconut based stuff that causes repelling.

Rockin' Green is, "weak as tater juice," as my step-dad says, by itself, but it'd be cheaper than buying too much earthwise.

For me, Amway SA8 is out, because of the optical brightener. I'm curious about https://useactive.com/activewear-laundry-detergent/, because there's nothing extra in it, but I'm scared it needs more surfactant.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: MangaFan

MaxxH

Est. Contributor
Messages
404
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Did you know typical detergent powder works miracles as a toilet bowl cleaner? Full scoop, right around the ring. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Brushy brushy, flushy, no more ring.
Bonus piece of info I was not expecting today, here!! Happy I dropped in. We mostly use liquid, but I do have a tub of Oxy-clean for soaking sweat-stained hats. I will be trying this on the bowl in the Men's Room (the half-bath by the backdoor) soon!

Mrs. Maxx is sensitive to any kind of fragrance, so we search for dye and fragrance free products. They're sometimes difficult to come by.

I share your love of cloth, but as I get older and "hobby" is starting to approach "need", I'm gaining an appreciation for the practical benefits of disposables. As you said, "home" vs "away"
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
PuffPuffPaci said:
I can't sew 🤷🏾‍♂️ but maybe one day I can learn. Seems like I'd need more room and a machine
Flats aren't sewn. It's just a huge cloth square. They require serious folding, though.

Prefolds are sewn.
 

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,017
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I love picking out every aspect of the experience. I doubt any 'sposie could feel as perfect as my cloth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SpAzpieSweeTot and PuffPuffPaci

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Messages
79
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Flats aren't sewn. It's just a huge cloth square. They require serious folding, though.

Prefolds are sewn.
I've always just done pockets or add my own to the shell part. I think it's beginner friendly to do it like that. But I would like more coverage...
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
PuffPuffPaci said:
I've always just done pockets or add my own to the shell part. I think it's beginner friendly to do it like that. But I would like more coverage...
King size bamboo bed sheets, 2 boingos on each side, and a conversation with MaxxH, about folding, and you should be all set. Everyone should feel bamboo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
OmiOMy said:
I love picking out every aspect of the experience. I doubt any 'sposie could feel as perfect as my cloth.
Somebody gets it!:D
 

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Messages
79
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
King size bamboo bed sheets, 2 boingos on each side, and a conversation with MaxxH, about folding, and you should be all set. Everyone should feel bamboo.
Hey, thanks for that info. I'm definitely going to get some this weekend.
 

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,062
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
PuffPuffPaci said:
Hey, thanks for that info. I'm definitely going to get some this weekend.
You only need top sheets, okay?
 
  • Like
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci
Top