• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Being Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I know this has probably been posted before, but I HATE BEING SICK. And it is probably worse when you are in college because you don't have class back to back, or at least I don't have class back to back, so I basically want to go home and lie down, but I know if I do that, there is good potential that I will fall asleep.

Lets hope I get better soon, as I have to work this sunday, and I highly doubt that people want somebody who is sick to be handling their groceries.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm sick too D:...I just left class, cuz I didn't feel like dealing with being sick, and the class (which is so freaking boring, and the teacher is a moron...)...I've been sick since Saturday (sore throat then, and then Sunday [birthday], Monday: starting to get a cough and runny nose) and now, I have a more runny nose/stuffed up, and I have a worse cough...

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Im proud to say I haven't been sick more than like 5 times after infancy, so, I really can't complain.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If it's just a cold or something try one of those OTC deals at least you will feeel good enough to finish your classes.

I had one all last week, I felt so bad the saturday before last, I just put my sleeper on and spent the day in bed sleepeing, it is amazing how good that feels.....but then again i'm not at school.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Yeah it takes quite a bit for me to get sick enough to say, stay home from school. I have a very good immune system.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I'll take any normal sickness as long as throwing up isn't part of it. I cannot stand to do it! :eek: Diarrhea I'll take anyday instead. If I feel like my stomach is working up to 'tossing the cookies', I'll quickly down a cup of water with 1/2 tsp. of baking soda dissolved in it. That usually helps me to belch away the sick feeling unless I'm getting a bad stomach virus. In that case nothing will stop it from happening, but at least it won't be acidy and burn my throat on the way up making it hard to catch my breath. Yuck!!!

~Pramrider

Role
Private
I just go over being sick! :D

But I agree in that I absolutely loath being sick. I'm the type of person that goes out of my way to make sure everyone knows I'm sick, mostly in an effort to gain sympathy and attention. :p

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I always get the dumbed-down version of sicknesses. I've lost very little school but they take awhile to go away. This has been happening ever since I got really sick for about a week, bed-ridden and all, in 6th grade. That sucked but now I'm like half immune to everything! Influenza, bring it on!

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm just getting over some sort of flu bug or something and now I think I'm getting my roomate's cold. I'm not happy.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I'll take any normal sickness as long as throwing up isn't part of it. I cannot stand to do it! :eek: Diarrhea I'll take anyday instead. If I feel like my stomach is working up to 'tossing the cookies', I'll quickly down a cup of water with 1/2 tsp. of baking soda dissolved in it. That usually helps me to belch away the sick feeling unless I'm getting a bad stomach virus. In that case nothing will stop it from happening, but at least it won't be acidy and burn my throat on the way up making it hard to catch my breath. Yuck!!!

~Pramrider
I agree with you 100% Except that I've never tried the baking soda trick. Let me try that, (yes by a rare coincidence I'm sick right now. I hardly ever am but today I am.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I'm sick too D:...I just left class, cuz I didn't feel like dealing with being sick, and the class (which is so freaking boring, and the teacher is a moron...)...I've been sick since Saturday (sore throat then, and then Sunday [birthday], Monday: starting to get a cough and runny nose) and now, I have a more runny nose/stuffed up, and I have a worse cough...
thats kind of how it started with me, I woke up saturday with a little bit of a sore throat that ended up going away during the day, sunday it was worse, and monday it was just horrible. Tuesday I developed the cough and runny nose, and now its wednesday and Im at the runny nose and slight cough.

If it's just a cold or something try one of those OTC deals at least you will feeel good enough to finish your classes.

I had one all last week, I felt so bad the saturday before last, I just put my sleeper on and spent the day in bed sleepeing, it is amazing how good that feels.....but then again i'm not at school.
I have gotten some of the OTC deal, I am using cough drops, and cold-eze type thingys. They are chocked full of zinc and are "clinically proven" to reduce the length of the cold. I am praying that it works

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I traditionally get sick over New Year's and sometimes Christmas. The last year, I caught a really bad stomach virus that knocked me out for 2 days flat (I slept through Dec 22 and 23), and the two years before that, I got a bad cold for New Year's Eve.
In fact, I only seem to get sick when I'm off work / uni anyway, which seems like a huge waste of my free time :(

Peachy

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
There is one thing I have found worse then being sick, as in literally vomiting. That is sitting around feeling right on the edge of throwing up, and not. I have a very powerful stomach when it comes to not throwing up - but going through a whole day where you feel like you will and it not happening is hell. I don't cope well with being ill in general either. If it is just a cold I am fine, if it is anything more I just can't think clearly. It doesn't help that my parents are so worried about me, but also me missing school. So I get to stay at home until I feel better - but they then spend all their time complaining that I am missing school and should be there.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
There is one thing I have found worse then being sick, as in literally vomiting. That is sitting around feeling right on the edge of throwing up, and not. I have a very powerful stomach when it comes to not throwing up - but going through a whole day where you feel like you will and it not happening is hell. I don't cope well with being ill in general either. If it is just a cold I am fine, if it is anything more I just can't think clearly. It doesn't help that my parents are so worried about me, but also me missing school. So I get to stay at home until I feel better - but they then spend all their time complaining that I am missing school and should be there.
Totally agree with the feeling of needing to throw up but not, that is the worst. Even dry heaves are really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.