Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Toddler vs adult, for some reason toddler wins for me every time. Being an adult you have to buy bills, deal with other people who don't give a s@#$ about you. This is only the top of this list. I hate being an adult. I don't see anything good about it. I might be romancing toddlerhood because I never really had my time. As a toddler as was lets alone 90% of the time. I remember times when my parents forgot to feed me. Even at daycare I was ignored. My babysitter was imaginary. Most days all I want is a hug and a cuddle. I needed to get that off my chest.

Now to help lighten this up a little bit. What do you hate about being an adult, and what do you love about being AB?

Last edited:
I don't much like being an adult either. I'd rather have the privileges of being a toddler than the rights of being an adult. Forget stuff like voting and driving, I'd much rather be able to walk around in public with a stuffed animal in my hands and a pacifier in my mouth.

Adult life is too full of worries and responsibilities. I'm sure we do romanticize it, but compared to adult life toddlerhood is carefree - all about fun and living in the moment.

Being ab lets me keep my innocence in a way. I'm not going to put away my plushies and toss out my pacifiers because the world says I'm an adult and those aren't adult things. I'm going to stay the child I am inside and do what makes me happy.

Last edited:
I can't think of any pros to being an adult, I hate having things that have to be done to live like working, cooking and cleaning. I hate having to plan things like vacations, I hate shopping the list could go on and on. I love the structure of being a kid, Yummy food was on the table without having to make it myself, there was someone there to tell me to go outside and play, take a bath (and run it for me), what isn't good for me and when to go to bed. I love toys and cartoons and just playing in general.
Toys and imagination rule life! I try to keep my "adulting" to as minimum of a time as I can and still have life work but it's really hard to engulf yourself in little space when you have to go to work and deal with finances all day.

The only time I like being an adult is when I get money from my job, so I can come home and relax, or pay for my baby stuff, also seeing friends

I love being an adult who can choose to be a little. As an adult I can do whatever I want, buy whatever stuff I like - awesome!!

Let's see. Work, bills, no-one to care for me like a child. That's about it.

I don't like being an adult because I just don't get the love/affection from anyone, having people hate you for being you, bills depression, harder to make friends are things I don't like about being a adult.

Now being an AB/DL I get a plushie to hug every night I has a paci to suckle and padding to zone out with for a while, plus an advantage of having a daddy who makes you feel little like nothing matters anymore, gives you confidence and happy tummy feelings. Depending on the situation you get treated like a kid and it's awesome.

I generally miss not caring about things nor having to be responsible about things.

To be honest it's not really the money or bills or having to work or any of that kind of stuff.. I've never really had a big problem with any of that. It's stuff like worrying about what I eat or and having to deal with friends going through harsh breakups or family losing their jobs/etc. I miss being excluded from the kind of adult problems going on all the time (and being able to eat Doritos by the family sized bag).

Given the choice I still prefer to be an adult, but I definitely wish I didn't have to be sometimes.

Yes, I agree that the adult world is not nice.
I am happier in young child mode.
But I have to live in the adult world.
Simply too many adult responsibilities to ignore.
Even though I have been feeling physically ill since Wednesday, the adult world responsibilities simply can not be ignored.

magnolia said:
I love being an adult who can choose to be a little. As an adult I can do whatever I want, buy whatever stuff I like - awesome!!

This is what I was thinking. I had a relatively good childhood, that is when I wasn't getting beat up by a bigger kid, or sexually molested, also by a bigger kid. But most of the time, I had fun with a friend.

But there are things I enjoy doing as an adult. Now that I'm mostly retired, I don't have to worry about job performance and having to kiss ass just to stay employed. I love making music, my part time job as a music director, and driving my Honda Pilot. I like getting out on my bike and getting some fresh air, when it's not raining.

I guess the thing I dislike most about being an adult is the worry over money. When I think about it, pretty much everything I worry about as an adult, comes back to having enough money. Bills - I don't care (as long as I have the money). My house - I love the house (as long as I have the money for repairs and maintenance). And so forth and so on.

Like others have said, I enjoy enough adult things that I don't want to be a baby or toddler 24x7, just when I need it.

I think being an adult is pretty good on balance. Sure, it comes with a bit more social difficulty and some expectations about supporting yourself, but you get a lot of freedom too. The time when you're not working or cleaning or what have you, you get to do whatever you want. Keeping on being a baby is an adult choice, as seen by the many young people who are living at home and aren't able to indulge themselves.

I agree I like the fair balance between adult and dl/ little, as an adult I get to work and make money to indulge on my diapers, being totally self sufficient lets me decide what I want to do, my diaper time is time I make for myself, just like how other adults my play golf or go fishing, I love the ability to balance my desires

I hate being an adult way to stressful. But have to i have real kiddos to care for. My kids are the only part of my big life that i enjoy.

KimbaStarshine said:
Forget stuff like voting and driving, I'd much rather be able to walk around in public with a stuffed animal in my hands and a pacifier in my mouth.

If you were in Chicago, you could walk into a poling place with that stuffie in hand, and you would both be allowed to vote.

Illinoise said:
If you were in Chicago, you could walk into a poling place with that stuffie in hand, and you would both be allowed to vote.

Don't give her any ideas. :rolleyes:

ClandestineWing said:
Don't give her any ideas. :rolleyes:

I don't even vote at all... But where else can I take my plushies? :p

What I love about being a Little.

I don't get all stressed out.

It hard for me to explain. But I have go.

I am me I don't need to try and follow some one else rules. I just am so there.

There are time when I go into a Middle mode set becouse I have to deal with finance or work.

But I have that set up that the bank pays my bills for me and I get a weekly allowance so I buy food and clothing and my nappies.

But some times I don't have any pocket money left for toys.

I have to be careful what I spend my poket on because having a new toy is great or having more arts supplies is great, but not if you don't have food.

So that has to come first.

Right now I am sucking my Pacifier cuddling Peter my joy rabbit.

and I need a change but my bed is nise and dry and worm.

I am one very Content baby and that one thing for me that being a adult never gave me.

The feeling of contentmen that I have now I have found who I am, and accepted it.

Being adult you have to always strive to reach someone else gols.

Being a Little I just happy to have a ball to kick about.

If the gols are to hard then I simply cheese the rules. Or bring the goalpost in nearer.

Some people say that that's cheating but I always, win.

Anyway I got to get ready for school now. And it Monday wich I get to do Arts and crafts this morning.

Translated into adult.

I have to get ready for work as I'm supporting people to do their art therapy course this morning.

Both statements say the same ones boring and the others fan I know which one I prefer.

Hee, hee.

Love being a Little

Sisi

I'm not going to lie and say that everything about being an adult is peachy, as the downsides of being an adult have been discussed in this thread multiple times. However, I really really like the upsides of being an adult. One upside for me that others view as a downside would be control. I'm very happy to have control in my life. This control allows me to not only indulge in all of my non-ABDL interests, but it allows me to be little and to cherry pick all the upsides of being a little, while leaving all the downsides in the past. Yes, the downsides of being an adult suck. But I'll take them if I can receive the upsides of being both an adult and a little kid.

Well,

I may have a different outlook on this these days!

I would have said in the past (before a car crash, and loosing both mental and physical aspects) that being a full time ABDL would be Awsome!

Now, after loosing the ability to walk much, and needing a wheelchair, having serious short term memory issues as well as constant pain!

The pain aside, loosing the abilities to do things I enjoyed, like skiing, flying aircraft, snowmobiling, driving (more than short trip can't do), and just having to totally change my whole life!

I'd say, I'd much rather have the ability to decide where/what I do.

The grass always looks greener :)

Nice to dream about, and such...but in reality going back to a child wouldn't be much fun!

Imagine having to go through school again, and to have no ability to really decide over much of anything...

Just my two cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back