Being an AB/DL or Little and being accepted!

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I have never understood why an ABDL lifestyle is so frowned upon by people outside of the community. the level of hostility is sometimes completely over the top! I don't understand why wearing a Diaper as an adult is such a contentious issue, whether your need to wear is from IC, or just because you enjoy wearing them. Your thoughts?

Reactions: littlelambchop, iFlyAviation, ChrisK and 2 others

BABYTIGERCUB

ABDLIC
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I Wear because of Urinary IC from nerve damage in low back and the severe pain that comes along with it, yes it is frowned upon even if it's because of medical reasons I've been snickered at for wearing even from family members I mentioned to family what you'd you do if you were in my secuation when the shoes on the other foot would be pissed off like me but I accepted it and became ABDLIC I have no regrets adult pampers have a calming effect better than taking psychology meds for depression I find nappies the better choice.

• Love
Reactions: ChrisK, Jorelaxed, medfet878 and 1 other person

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
BABYTIGERCUB said:
I Wear because of Urinary IC from nerve damage in low back and the severe pain that comes along with it, yes it is frowned upon even if it's because of medical reasons I've been snickered at for wearing even from family members I mentioned to family what you'd you do if you were in my secuation when the shoes on the other foot would be pissed off like me but I accepted it and became ABDLIC I have no regrets adult pampers have a calming effect better than taking psychology meds for depression I find nappies the better choice.
Good for you! :giggle: (y) 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Reactions: Jorelaxed, BABYTIGERCUB and medfet878

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Not sure why it’s so frowned upon, or that people think it’s gross (it’s far less gross that toilets). I think that it ties in a lot with the general icky treatment people with disabilities get. It’s not a very welcoming world for those of us who are bett… I mean, “different” than everyone else.

Personally, I haven’t experienced much issue with my diaper wearing, so I really think it depends on the people you are around too. If family isn’t going to be understanding and embrace you AND your challenges, they aren’t much good as family. Relatives and family are two different things….

Reactions: ChrisK, RetroGirl15, Jorelaxed and 2 others

Dome

Dream big and live your story
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I personally wear because I love the feeling of a diaper and onesie together. For me it feels like a big warm hug. I am lucky enough to have a wife who is accepting even if she doesn't fully understand. She is the only person in my life who knows and as far as I'm concerned the only one who needs to know.

People are always trying to find ways to tear other people down in order to feel superior. I think a lot of it also has to do with religion. For centuries the church (all denominations) have dictated what is "normal". Anything they decide is abnormal is then shunned by society as a whole. This is one of the reasons I have left the church.

Reactions: TheSwiftie, littlelambchop, Jorelaxed and 1 other person

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Turfy said:
Not sure why it’s so frowned upon, or that people think it’s gross (it’s far less gross that toilets). I think that it ties in a lot with the general icky treatment people with disabilities get. It’s not a very welcoming world for those of us who are bett… I mean, “different” than everyone else.

Personally, I haven’t experienced much issue with my diaper wearing, so I really think it depends on the people you are around too. If family isn’t going to be understanding and embrace you AND your challenges, they aren’t much good as family. Relatives and family are two different things….
Any form of discrimination sucks! People who make fun or bully people with disabilities are definitely not very nice people! I think if your own family members don't accept you, and provide support for you if and when needed, then thats a very sad situation too. sometimes people can be very cruel and hurtful, but they, and not us, are the ones with the problem!

Reactions: RetroGirl15, Jorelaxed and BABYTIGERCUB

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
In my opinion it's because of the squeaky door analogy. The ab related things that people take notice of publicly are normally very very bad 'loud' instances. A murderer in a diaper, or sexual assault cases that get on the news.

There are also a lot of peds and other illegal minded individuals that use abdl a way to hide their interest among an online community and seek victims and distribute content. In doing so it paints us in a bad light. (you see this on forums like the one everyone shall never speak of again; and now days discord servers)

As far as family members finding out and not approving, many are scared of how others will perceive their family member if found out. Due to what people assume when they think of ab's due to the above. So even if they know different because they know the full context, they know that your finding a spouse and risk of public finding out and getting the wrong idea is going to make life harder. The part they don't understand normally is how entrenched this lifestyle is in us. That it's not just a phase.

From an outsiders perspective they look at diapers as filling landfills, waste of money, bad hygiene, creepy art work with young depictions of animals and humans normally in diapers(from their perspective), and more. Some even say it's making fun or light of people with disabilities.
Oh and there are really horny guys with diaper fetishes that spam girls and other guys in dm's on social media and game lobby chats. Or go out in public in full little gear just to get attention and play in parks and things with others around.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisK and ILuvDiapers

Karoq

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
BABYTIGERCUB said:
My bedwetting and daytime control issues have always been a problem through childhood and teenage years but then as a 40 year old (20 years ago) I suffered a back injury for which I’ve subsequently had surgery. Nerve damage has meant I’ve now been in nappies every night since and I have daytime issues too. I’ve found the right nappies and regime to deal with this and have grown to accept this and actually like wearing now. I’ve also had depression and am quite an anxious person. At the end of a stressful day, putting a nappy on and relaxing knowing I am not going to have an embarrassing accident, as well as allowing myself to regress to a happier more carefree time, helps me cope.

I am who I am and I feel comfortable like this and it doesn’t harm anyone

Reactions: ChrisK, ILuvDiapers and BABYTIGERCUB

ChrisK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Dome said:
I personally wear because I love the feeling of a diaper and onesie together. For me it feels like a big warm hug. I am lucky enough to have a wife who is accepting even if she doesn't fully understand. She is the only person in my life who knows and as far as I'm concerned the only one who needs to know.

People are always trying to find ways to tear other people down in order to feel superior. I think a lot of it also has to do with religion. For centuries the church (all denominations) have dictated what is "normal". Anything they decide is abnormal is then shunned by society as a whole. This is one of the reasons I have left the church.
I personally dont think it has ANYTHING to do with the church or religion. I've been in church for most of my adult life and I've never met more understanding, loving, take off their shirt and give it to you people, then in the church. NOT PERFECT. but if you ever find perfect people please let me know....I'll run to meet them.

I believe wearing a diaper as an adult is an issue first and foremost, because it's different. People have always been scared of what's different or what they don't understand. If someone looks different people stare. One arm, they stare. One leg, they stare. If they weigh over 400 pounds, they stare. The same goes for racism. I once went to a highschool basketball game in a little town here. I was the only black person in the arena and when I walked in all eyes were on me. I wasn't wearing a diaper. I didn't have a pacifier in my mouth. But I still was pointed at and looked upon as if I were in full ABDL mode.The more we understand each other the less we hate. The more the world understands that we are not pedophiles, we are not harming ourselves, we are not crazy, the less they'll hate. Understanding is the key. You'll never understand a cancer patient until you have cancer. You'll never understand IC until you lose your bowels in public. They'll never understand why I love wearing diapers until they wear one for themselves and see its not that bad.

Ignorance is contagious. That's why I dont laugh at racist jokes. And they wouldn't laugh at, or have issues with us if the person next to them was understanding and compassionate towards ABDLIC people. It takes love.

• Love
Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB, iluvdps2, KarmaBaby2 and 1 other person

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
ChrisK said:
I personally dont think it has ANYTHING to do with the church or religion. I've been in church for most of my adult life and I've never met more understanding, loving, take off their shirt and give it to you people, then in the church. NOT PERFECT. but if you ever find perfect people please let me know....I'll run to meet them.

I believe wearing a diaper as an adult is an issue first and foremost, because it's different. People have always been scared of what's different or what they don't understand. If someone looks different people stare. One arm, they stare. One leg, they stare. If they weigh over 400 pounds, they stare. The same goes for racism. I once went to a highschool basketball game in a little town here. I was the only black person in the arena and when I walked in all eyes were on me. I wasn't wearing a diaper. I didn't have a pacifier in my mouth. But I still was pointed at and looked upon as if I were in full ABDL mode.The more we understand each other the less we hate. The more the world understands that we are not pedophiles, we are not harming ourselves, we are not crazy, the less they'll hate. Understanding is the key. You'll never understand a cancer patient until you have cancer. You'll never understand IC until you lose your bowels in public. They'll never understand why I love wearing diapers until they wear one for themselves and see its not that bad.

Ignorance is contagious. That's why I dont laugh at racist jokes. And they wouldn't laugh at, or have issues with us if the person next to them was understanding and compassionate towards ABDLIC people. It takes love.
All forms of discrimination Sucks! Well written thread! I'm sorry you where made to feel so uncomfortable at the high school basket ball game! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗:)(y);)

• Love
Reactions: ChrisK and BABYTIGERCUB

BABYTIGERCUB

ABDLIC
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
ChrisK said:

I understand very well about discrimination it happens all the time for some of us we have family's to come to for support, for some of us not so, I come from an international marriage back in the late 50's and early 60' for most international marriages back then I have not seen a happy one but not all of them weren't happy having a mixed international marriage, my family absolutely hated it my father side hated my mother and myself for being not the same as theirs on my fathers side their blue eyes, light skined and light haired, on my mother's side olive skined, dark hair, and dark eyes, I take after my mother's side I once said to my fathers side family members God doesn't make any junk or trash as you refer us to, they made are lives a living hell no were to run to, to hide from it as it's your own family doing it, they would ridicule me and hit me because I was the smallest only about 2 feet at 6 years old, height didn't improve much as I'm only 4' 11" at 59 years, but as a child I got strong physically and started to defend myself and hit back never underestimate someone that is small in statue I packed a nasty punch I'm not proud I had to resort to defending my self as time went on the fights lessened as they new I could stand up for my self and family counseling helped a lot its pretty bad that some adults have to take their frustrations out on a small child because they weren't happy about an international marriage we as a society and family including that we accepted one another that might be asking for a long shot, God or whatever your God is that you believe in, the Christian God that I believe in accepts all regardless of race, creed, color, background, handicap, religion or sexual orientation we as a society should as well this would be a better place to live in.

• Love
Reactions: ChrisK

stinkape

Be you always .
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Often times what people don’t understand they are afraid of it’s just a human condition .
How many of us were potty trained in a negative manner ? Spanked , punished or told big girls and boys don’t wear diapers they are for babies , big kids don’t act like babies or wearing diapers are nasty .
We all grew up hearing stuff like this and most of us believed it , grew up and left it behind only to revisit and regress later on carrying all the guilt and shame we were taught to have .
A lot of us still struggle with it and find it hard to let it go that’s why we seek expectance from others , because we feel if others can except who and what we are and then we are selves can better except it also .
I have been a DL for a long time and I still struggle , yes I think it would be nice if people had no problems with our lifestyle choice or diapers in general but they do .
That’s just life , not everyone is going to like or except you it’s up to you to except and love yourself.
Life ain’t ever fair but someone somewhere has a much bigger struggle than diapers or regression.

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Also if you want a direct example of what people see outside our community. it's things like this.