Being A Baby: The Best Therapy

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
As you know, guys, I suffer from Schizoaffective Disorder. I have had a lot of traumas in my life that you can find in other threads, like being locked up in a criminal asylum, Electroshock therapy and constant depressions that end on the psychiatric ward. You all know that.

Well, today, I am happy to say that I feel amazing.

It's been 4 days since I started wearing diaper full time. I thought it would help me, and my parents, sister, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles and best friends were on board. They thought that if it helped me, well, then it was worth trying.

I haven't felt bad or sad ever since I started wearing diapers full time. It's as if there is some light to balance the bad thoughts. Wearing diapers 24/7 has brought me great joy.

But that's not just it. My family started treating me a little like a baby, like allowing me to wear footies, suck my thumb, and even use a baby bottle. It has made me very relaxed and happy. I would wake up in my baby clothing with my baby pillow and my stuffed lion and just suck my thumb calmly, enjoying my diaper and the fact that I am a baby.

I know I'm not a baby, but I feel like one. Everyone has been so tender and well, it has helped me.

Tomorrow is day 5 of this, and I am looking forward to everything because being a baby has been the best therapy for me.

• Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW, Diaperman95, LIDiaperBoy and 4 others
That is truly extraordinary and wonderful. I wonder if the regression is an ACTUAL therapy for you in that it does improve your mental health condition.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and BobbiSueEllen
Two big thumbs up for you bud (tries not to nom the thumbs)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
This is wonderful! I have multiple mental illnesses and sometimes I feel acting like a baby and wearing diapers helps me as well. Rock on!

kitty said:
This is wonderful! I have multiple mental illnesses and sometimes I feel acting like a baby and wearing diapers helps me as well. Rock on!

I find that an interesting comment that ABDL might actually genuinely help mental illness. You should email rosalie and talk to her about that and maybe they can do a survey or do some research on it and how it works.

idea?

I concur :)

I have often viewed my being an AB as not only a part of who I am, but as a form of therapy as well. Whenever I'm stressed or overwhelmed or I need to decompress after a hectic week, which has been quite frequent these past weeks, nothing relaxes and gets me centred more than diapering up, throwing on my onesie or my romper and regressing back to a time when I didn't have to worry, a time when I didn't have a care in the world.

To hear of others with mental illness, anxiety and depression turning to AB as a means of coping and recovering only reinforces how I have always felt about this side of ourselves, that it truly is one of the best forms of therapy there is.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and BobbiSueEllen
kik91 said:
As you know, guys, I suffer from Schizoaffective Disorder. I have had a lot of traumas in my life that you can find in other threads, like being locked up in a criminal asylum, Electroshock therapy and constant depressions that end on the psychiatric ward. You all know that.
...just like me
kik91 said:
...just like me

kik91 said:
It's been 4 days since I started wearing diaper full time. I thought it would help me, and my parents, sister, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles and best friends were on board. They thought that if it helped me, well, then it was worth trying.

I haven't felt bad or sad ever since I started wearing diapers full time. It's as if there is some light to balance the bad thoughts. Wearing diapers 24/7 has brought me great joy.
... you're right. Go on!

kik91 said:
But that's not just it. My family started treating me a little like a baby, like allowing me to wear footies, suck my thumb, and even use a baby bottle. It has made me very relaxed and happy. I would wake up in my baby clothing with my baby pillow and my stuffed lion and just suck my thumb calmly, enjoying my diaper and the fact that I am a baby.
... AAAWWWWW... #cutie

kik91 said:
I know I'm not a baby, but I feel like one. Everyone has been so tender and well, it has helped me.

Tomorrow is day 5 of this, and I am looking forward to everything because being a baby has been the best therapy for me.
... maybe beeing a baby or behaving like a little child is best therapy for everyone (sometimes) :graduate:

I've heard of regression used in therapy. I'm going to be revisiting my old record collection, sort of mentally going back to when I was in high school and college. We all need something that can make us happy and relieve stress. What ever works!

Reactions: Straycatz, PlastiBrain and BobbiSueEllen
dogboy said:
I've heard of regression used in therapy. I'm going to be revisiting my old record collection, sort of mentally going back to when I was in high school and college. We all need something that can make us happy and relieve stress. What ever works!

Thats not the regression we think of. That is about taking the patient back to a particular point in time to address a trauma. Ours is quite different.

But I am still interested in how AB may be a genuine treatment for mental illness in some way. I know that my own life-time AB has been of enormous help to me emotionally in handling stress and difficulty.

sallyanne said:
Thats not the regression we think of. That is about taking the patient back to a particular point in time to address a trauma. Ours is quite different.

But I am still interested in how AB may be a genuine treatment for mental illness in some way. I know that my own life-time AB has been of enormous help to me emotionally in handling stress and difficulty.

My regression does go back to the trauma. It was in the vicinity of 3 years old when I was suffering physical and sexual abuse at the hands of my parents, and that is the point to which I return. Just more babyish than where dogboy is going in his travel, but similar.

Regressing to babyhood is far safer than doping up with Alcohol or Dope to self-medicate to try and numb the PTSD trauma.
Regressing back to babyhood has kept me from ending up in a straitjacket and locked into a padded room.
Yes, it is therapeutic.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
kik91 said:

You are not alone. I also have Schizoaffective disorder and emotionally unstable personality disorder and have been hospitalised twice.
I feel safe and happy when I am wearing my kiddie diapers (pull ups).
Good luck in your recovery journey. Message me if you like.

Gymnastrower said:
I also have Schizoaffective disorder.
I have a schizoaffective disorder (a chronic, potentially disabling psychotic disorder—a severe mental disorder that causes abnormal thinking and perceptions) for which I take two psychotropic medications (used to treat mental health disorders) Latuda (an atypical antipsychotic affecting the levels of dopamine, acetylcholine, noradrenaline, and serotonin in the brain), and Lithium (an antimanic agent that works by decreasing abnormal activity in the brain).

Last edited:
kik91 said:

I am so pleased for you and what a wonderful supporting family you have.
Hugs

Reactions: PlastiBrain and BobbiSueEllen
Thanks kik91 for raising this issue and sharing your situation.
All the best with day five - but here in Australia it is already day six!
Today it is Saturday afternoon (13/11/2021) and after a stressful week at work - I have taken most of the day to relax (and chill out a little) as an Adult Baby. Can this help with mental health? Good question - quite possibly.
There is a history of depression and mental illness running in my family, but I seem to have come though without any adverse affects.
(Did diapers [nappies] help? Not sure. But it is well worth thinking about).
Very glad that you have the loving support in trying diapers as a therapy. I sure hope this works out well for you.(y)
All the best.

kik91 said:

How else does your family treat you like a baby? If you don’t mind me asking

Last edited:
kik91 said:

I am glad to hear you are doing well today. It has been over 5 years since my wife's last schizophrenic break. They really do have some good meds for it now and I hope you stay on them because it never will go away but it never has to flare again if you stay on top of the meds. My wife takes the invega sustenna shot once a month. It breaks my heart every time she has a bad break. But she understand the importance of that shot and never misses a dose. So I hope she never has another episode.

You sound very fortunate to have so many people who care for you. A lot of people with those type of mental ilness kinda use up their family and they burn out and won't help. most of the family on my wife's side has wrote her off and not supportive and it is just sad

Actually, looking at the dates, this is day 1100. I wonder if Kik91 can drop in and let us know how it went. Did it run short term or a long?

Other than clinical depression I don't have any diagnosed mental health conditions but i can totally agree that this lifestyle has given me clarity, joy and most of all piece of mind once I accepted who I was. Having the support of others also really helps. My hubby/daddy letting me be me with no judgment and even some participation goes a million miles. Good luck and if you have them don't stop taking your medication just because you feel better (I've done that).

Yes.
Regressing to babyhood/early childhood has assisted me in not going cuckoo.
I am okay with being a baby/toddler when I need to.

Back