Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidInco

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
For medical reasons I never went out of diapers and since kindergarten I was and still are at junior high the "baby of the house"! 😭 My younger sibling and my older one are kind of fine with my problem. But if there is a bigger quarrel Ian (8.5 yo) calls me "stinky baby" or "diaper boy" or only "big baby" and he knows that these words cut into me like a sharp knife. 😵‍💫 It´s also horrible if we visit relatives with nephews younger than me. I never had or will have a chance ti hide if I soiled or - worst case - messed my diapers! Only mom and dad are always VERY kind to me and changes me whenever necesssary (after messing I am not able to clean my bottom perfect and so I am cleaned up by mom or dad. After that I take a fresh diaper and finish all by myself.
I NEVER had a sleepover nor was ask for because ALL kids at school and in neighbourhood know that I am still needing diapers and none of them wants to have a big baby like me around them. Also I NEVER was at a party or only asked to come. Now I am a lonely teenager, laughed at by all others. 😭😭😭
Do anyone here have experience with incontinence in teens age?
Would be a comfort to know that I am not alone and that I´m not a fool or neird, a stupid idiot who is unable to learn the basics of little toddlers!!!

Reactions: Diprs2, ErickDipers and jaredc3
I wasn't incontinent till later in life. So I really dint.know how it feels as a teen to be incontinent, but as a former high school jock and one that went on to serve in the army airborne and then became a firefighter, I so know how it feels when you have to wear diapers and everyone else doesn't, at first i thought this sucks, but as time goes on I found out who my real friends are. Just because you need to wear diapers doesn't make you a baby. But rather how you handle other people. If you brush off their teasing and.harsh words and not show that they got to you then then you win. But if you act like a baby and throw a hissyfit then you're giving in. But first you have to be true to yourself and be comfortable with being incontinent. Remember it's nothing you did to become incontinent it's the hand life delt you. As the song says every hand is a winner and every hand is a lover. So its up to you how you play it to win.

Reactions: Diprs2, Saltedcaramel64 and jaredc3
DavidInco said:
For medical reasons I never went out of diapers and since kindergarten I was and still are at junior high the "baby of the house"! 😭 My younger sibling and my older one are kind of fine with my problem. But if there is a bigger quarrel Ian (8.5 yo) calls me "stinky baby" or "diaper boy" or only "big baby" and he knows that these words cut into me like a sharp knife. 😵‍💫 It´s also horrible if we visit relatives with nephews younger than me. I never had or will have a chance ti hide if I soiled or - worst case - messed my diapers! Only mom and dad are always VERY kind to me and changes me whenever necesssary (after messing I am not able to clean my bottom perfect and so I am cleaned up by mom or dad. After that I take a fresh diaper and finish all by myself.
I NEVER had a sleepover nor was ask for because ALL kids at school and in neighbourhood know that I am still needing diapers and none of them wants to have a big baby like me around them. Also I NEVER was at a party or only asked to come. Now I am a lonely teenager, laughed at by all others. 😭😭😭
Would be a comfort to know that I am not alone and that I´m not a fool or neird, a stupid idiot who is unable to learn the basics of little toddlers!!!
Was IC basically my whole teenager hood.
Letting those who make fun of you know it bothers you is the first thing to stop. Might cut like a knife but they make fun for the reaction. When you don't react or care (even if only externally) it will stop when they no longer get the reaction.

Reactions: Diprs2 and jaredc3
I became incontinent as the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old in 1956. In those days, disposable diapers had not yet been invented. So the only thing available was pin-on cloth diapers with plastic pants. High school was a nightmare. I was the butt of endless jokes from my peers. However, things were much better during university. University students are more mature and understand medical disabilities much better than high school students.

Reactions: Diprs2
While I was mostly out of diapers by thirteen, the keyword is mostly. I was still in diapers through High-School because if I had an accident (and I had several) and was not in a diaper... well that would be bad. In High-School teachers would still refuse to let you use the restroom or lock it down for the entirety of a test and if I can not go within 5 minutes or so of asking I am likely going to wet. I also would wet during movies, long car trips, when I was too absorbed in work, or too interested in a new videogame.

Luckily my mom taught special needs students (partly because I was one) several had incontinence issues and I am high functioning autistic and I do not need a handler or anything so my brother and cousins just found it more or less normal. I am the oldest of all of them older than my brother by three years and my cousin by one and four respectively but was easily the last out of diapers.

The only person I can remember calling me anything is my youngest cousin and a freind I had. My youngest cousin was still in diapers at four and we thought he might have the same issues I do the summer when he was four I was seven going on eight and still wetting at least once a week he was wetting almost daily. We did the whole potty training thing and for whatever reason, I started wetting far more, back to daily wetting normally more than once a day. He then quickly improved but I did not, by the end of summer he was fully potty trained and he called me baby-like names throughout this.

I also had a freind that knew I used diapers and would call me pee pee pants. Bring autistic and very stubborn I never cared that they made fun of me though.

DavidInco said:
I have been a nightly bedwetter my whole life and have always been in diapers for it. I also struggled during the day and wore thick training type pants with plastic pants during the day. I grew up prior to or just when disposables became possible. I soaked my pants many times in elementary school and the school always had my extra pair of pants for me to change into. My family and extended family all knew I was a nightly diapered bedwetter. My teen years were filled with massive excuses why I wouldn’t ever do sleepovers. I lived in fear of any friends finding out and the couple of times friends did come into my room and sat on my bed knew from the loud crinkle that I had mattress protection. One asked why is there plastic on your bed, paused, and said oh I know why. He never said anything more about it.
DavidInco said:

Hi @DavidInco

I feel you - I had to go back into diapers 24/7 as a teen due to chronic illness.
So I can relate to everything you said - particularly the shame you feel for not being able to control your bladder.

In my case, I also went through a whole phase of shock, because not only was I losing control of my bladder, it took until my early twenties to realise what was causing it (long story short, nerve damage). So I was both embarrassed and scared by it.

In the end, I had to tell my close friends about it, because I was still getting sleepover invites. Some were shocked, but my best friend didn't care, and invited me to his house anyway.

What helped improve my mindset about my situation is that I stopped thinking that diapers were holding me back. Instead, they were taking me forward, because I didn't have to worry about accidents, or where the nearest bathroom was all the time.

I know you can feel like the only one in this situation, but you'd be surprised at how common incontinence and bedwetting are, even in teenagers, particularly if they have additional disabilities. You've taken a big step by reaching out, and I'm really pleased you have.

Generally speaking, as people get older, they become less self-conscious about what they wear - and if they still are, that says more about them than it does about you. You are not defined by your underwear.

I hope this helps you navigate through high-school in diapers - there's a useful WikiHow article here if you need more advice. Best of luck

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Dinotopian2002 said:
Hi @DavidInco

I feel you - I had to go back into diapers 24/7 as a teen due to chronic illness.
So I can relate to everything you said - particularly the shame you feel for not being able to control your bladder.

In my case, I also went through a whole phase of shock, because not only was I losing control of my bladder, it took until my early twenties to realise what was causing it (long story short, nerve damage). So I was both embarrassed and scared by it.

In the end, I had to tell my close friends about it, because I was still getting sleepover invites. Some were shocked, but my best friend didn't care, and invited me to his house anyway.

What helped improve my mindset about my situation is that I stopped thinking that diapers were holding me back. Instead, they were taking me forward, because I didn't have to worry about accidents, or where the nearest bathroom was all the time.

I know you can feel like the only one in this situation, but you'd be surprised at how common incontinence and bedwetting are, even in teenagers, particularly if they have additional disabilities. You've taken a big step by reaching out, and I'm really pleased you have.

Generally speaking, as people get older, they become less self-conscious about what they wear - and if they still are, that says more about them than it does about you. You are not defined by your underwear.

I hope this helps you navigate through high-school in diapers - there's a useful WikiHow article here if you need more advice. Best of luck

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002
I find the fact that that wikihow mentions race car diapers a bit concerning given they are by the guy behind star diapers and tiger underwear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back