Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Hey!

I was wondering if bedwetting, forced or accidental, could lead to IC? I suffer from ocassional bed wetting, it started around early 2015 and has gotten a bit worse over thr years. I find it hard to sleep without padding and this leads to an awkward instance when my mother comes in to wake me up for school. I've also encountered many moments where I felt like I couldn't hold it at all, and have had to dash to the bathrom. I haven't really had any problems with peeing in my life besides in middle school but I drank at least 50 cans of pop a day. x3 Do you think that this problem will subside or if it will/may lead into ebntuskly what might become urinary IC?

NeoTheFox said:
Hey!

I was wondering if bedwetting, forced or accidental, could lead to IC? I suffer from ocassional bed wetting, it started around early 2015 and has gotten a bit worse over thr years. I find it hard to sleep without padding and this leads to an awkward instance when my mother comes in to wake me up for school. I've also encountered many moments where I felt like I couldn't hold it at all, and have had to dash to the bathrom. I haven't really had any problems with peeing in my life besides in middle school but I drank at least 50 cans of pop a day. x3 Do you think that this problem will subside or if it will/may lead into ebntuskly what might become urinary IC?

50 cans of pop a day seems a little extreme, probably not good..
Funny you should ask cause when my incontinence first started it was mostly wetting and having bm's in the night.
That aside if you are having problems with continence you should see a doctor, there are a a lot of things which can be causing it, I wouldn't ignore it....

You've lost me. Accidental bedwetting is, by definition, incontinence. I'm not sure what Neo's last sentence mean. Limiting fluids is usually not a good way of dealing with incontinence, but in this case (50 cans) sounds like an excessive consumption of fluid. Not only is the incontinence not too surprising, it's possible you could have other issues ranging from simple obesity to hyponatremia as a result.

I'm not sure getting lazy about being continent leads to incontinence, but actively working on being continent can make the situation better (e.g., kegel exercises and the like).

I believe the OP was referring to their middle school days with the 50 cans comment, I dont think its applicable to the current situation

I also believe its an exaggeration, most likely not literally 50 cans, but who are we to know?

MommyandMattling said:
I believe the OP was referring to their middle school days with the 50 cans comment, I dont think its applicable to the current situation

I also believe its an exaggeration, most likely not literally 50 cans, but who are we to know?

I used to get yelled at for drinking thr whole 12 case of dr. Pepper in a day. x3 I drank A LOT lol.

- - - Updated - - -

miapeters said:
50 cans of pop a day seems a little extreme, probably not good..
Funny you should ask cause when my incontinence first started it was mostly wetting and having bm's in the night.
That aside if you are having problems with continence you should see a doctor, there are a a lot of things which can be causing it, I wouldn't ignore it....

I was planning to go see a doc once I get a new doctor.

willnotwill said:
You've lost me. Accidental bedwetting is, by definition, incontinence. I'm not sure what Neo's last sentence mean. Limiting fluids is usually not a good way of dealing with incontinence, but in this case (50 cans) sounds like an excessive consumption of fluid. Not only is the incontinence not too surprising, it's possible you could have other issues ranging from simple obesity to hyponatremia as a result.

I'm not sure getting lazy about being continent leads to incontinence, but actively working on being continent can make the situation better (e.g., kegel exercises and the like).

I only have a soda every now and then. When I was drinking 50 was when I was middle school x3.

- - - Updated - - -

MommyandMattling said:
wow so much soda for a growing child!, you must be from down south a bit ?

Grew up in the mountains of North Carolina then moved to the beach in South carolina, not too southern x3 although some would argue I'm a bit too southern.

All the pop could lead to diabetes, and incontinence can be a symptom of it (usually by that time it can be permanent and it isn't always just bladder)

rennecfox said:
All the pop could lead to diabetes, and incontinence can be a symptom of it (usually by that time it can be permanent and it isn't always just bladder)

It's safe to say I'm not diabetic x3 that was a looooonnnng time ago and I learnt how bad soda is when your drink it constantly. I mostly stick to water and tea now.

NeoTheFox said:
It's safe to say I'm not diabetic x3 that was a looooonnnng time ago and I learnt how bad soda is when your drink it constantly. I mostly stick to water and tea now.

Tea without sugar?
It's not that bad really, it brings out the real taste, without milk too,

Another factor could be how often you wear and use diapers. I know whenever I'd go for an extended amount of time in diapers, I'd get comfortable using them at the first sign. After awhile I'd wake up with a very urgent need to go that sometimes wouldn't make it to a bathroom and often have to pinch it off and make a mad dash.

miapeters said:
Tea without sugar?

I love my sweet tea being from the south, but if there is one thing I love better than sweet tea it has to be good old fashioned tea.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Another factor could be how often you wear and use diapers. I know whenever I'd go for an extended amount of time in diapers, I'd get comfortable using them at the first sign. After awhile I'd wake up with a very urgent need to go that sometimes wouldn't make it to a bathroom and often have to pinch it off and make a mad dash.

That could also be it, but I haven't worn in a while and I dont usually feel any diffrent when I am wearing a diaper. The urge to use the bathroom usually stays the same as if I Wasn't in a diaper.

NeoTheFox said:
I love my sweet tea being from the south, but if there is one thing I love better than sweet tea it has to be good old fashioned tea.

- - - Updated - - -

That could also be it, but I haven't worn in a while and I dont usually feel any diffrent when I am wearing a diaper. The urge to use the bathroom usually stays the same as if I Wasn't in a diaper.

Yeah, tea is the best, though I'm just surrounded by coffee people, even my roommate takes several doses of coffee :p

miapeters said:
Tea without sugar?
I feel the same way also about coffee. That said with both, black or the rare times I do it, enough sugar and milk to make it look like christmas

miapeters said:
Yeah, tea is the best, though I'm just surrounded by coffee people, even my roommate takes several doses of coffee :p

tea is better in every aspect :0

- - - Updated - - -

rennecfox said:
I feel the same way also about coffee. That said with both, black or the rare times I do it, enough sugar and milk to make it look like christmas

I like my coffee with lots of sugar and creamer/milk but tea must be traditional!

My "IC" started with bedwetting. But keep in mind bedwetting IS a form of incontinence. ANY involuntary loss of uring while sleeping or awake is not normal and considered incontinence.

Mine turned out to be overactive bladder with urge urinary incontinence. It just so happened that bedwetting was the first symptom. Over time as the OAB got worse, I began having daytime urgency episodes and leakage.

mikejames said:
My "IC" started with bedwetting. But keep in mind bedwetting IS a form of incontinence. ANY involuntary loss of uring while sleeping or awake is not normal and considered incontinence.

Mine turned out to be overactive bladder with urge urinary incontinence. It just so happened that bedwetting was the first symptom. Over time as the OAB got worse, I began having daytime urgency episodes and leakage.

Same here. I started weting my bed again in my late 40's and then not long after I started having some day time incontinence. Gradually it got worse and now I am dependant on nappies 24/7.

The first step in knowing whether your case could lead to being IC is to see a doctor.

In general, I don't think wearing diapers itself will lead to being IC.

Interesting that you mentioned drinking tea because tea is a diuretic and that could be contributing to urge incontinence. I drink a lot of coffee and it has the same affect on me. I don't mind when I'm diapered, but it's not fun when I'm out shopping and away from home.

dogboy said:
Interesting that you mentioned drinking tea because tea is a diuretic and that could be contributing to urge incontinence. I drink a lot of coffee and it has the same affect on me. I don't mind when I'm diapered, but it's not fun when I'm out shopping and away from home.

I'll never stop drinking tea! its too tasty to give up x3 gotta have at least a cup a day

NeoTheFox said:
I'll never stop drinking tea! its too tasty to give up x3 gotta have at least a cup a day

I wouldn't stop drinking it either. I like tea and I love tea when I'm not feeling well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back