• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

bedwetting diaper issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well, have been having an issue I haven't much had before, and thought this would be the right place to put it. I've been a bedwetter all my life, but lately the diaper's I've been wearing (assurance), which I used to never leak from, all of a sudden started leaking. I usually sleep in a fetal position, but still never used to leak. So is there anything I can do to not leak, without having to buy expensive diapers? I just don't have the money for them at the moment, so I need a sort of cheap fix, since I hate waking up to wet sheets >.<

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Although I have no experience in this subject, I can try to offer some advice. As you get older, you become bigger, and that means your bladder does, too. It could be that you are leaking...The diaper just isn't absorbent enough. You could try to find out how much you wet, and see if that is the problem. On wet nights, weigh yourself with the wet diaper still on, and see the difference between nights when you leak and nights when you just wet.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
2 suggestions:

1 wearing plastic pants overtop the disposable diapers

2 Consider using baby diapers as stuffers in the Assurance disposables

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Use some kind of stuffer/doubler...Cut back on drinks near bed...Plastic pants...

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
How could I not think of plastic pants >.<

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
The reason why there leaking is because they switch from using a plastic cover to a cloth cover on the assurance diaper. Anyway either 1.) Double up at night. 2.) uses a baby diaper as a stuffer and 3.) wear plastic pants.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
The reason why there leaking is because they switch from using a plastic cover to a cloth cover on the assurance diaper. Anyway either 1.) Double up at night. 2.) uses a baby diaper as a stuffer and 3.) wear plastic pants.
Oh...well they were cloth covered before and still didn't leak...now it's sort of all of a sudden, but I found my plastic pants ^^

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Oh...well they were cloth covered before and still didn't leak...now it's sort of all of a sudden, but I found my plastic pants ^^
Okay then maybe you got a shitty package or something because I'm wearing the same kind for the last week or so and they only leak on me once.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
you could try those 'bed-mats' made by pampers or huggies or whoever.

Reactions: Ace

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
I know you mentioned money as an issue. However, if you save up some, there is no better protection at night (or daytime for that matter) than cloth diapers and plastic pants. I wear thick flannel diapers at night with extra flannel soakers and it helps tremendously. I think they're more comfortable too. Also, you can get them like mine with cute baby prints on them. Disposables (even the best ones) aren't very good at trapping liquid if you happen to be laying on your side when you wet, even with diaper doublers. However, if you go that route Depends has a decent doubler called a "Boost".
Spaz

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Use some kind of stuffer/doubler...Cut back on drinks near bed...Plastic pants...
nyaha, you've already gone through this whole thing with me, eh, Pojo?

Anyways, yeah, try to stay away from drinks within an hour before bed, and make sure to keep it low/free of caffeine. Doubling up on diapers helps as well, or even going to triple, if it keeps things, well, clean. And plastic pants are very helpful.
--Kate

cmon6969

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
put a cheap size 5 or 6 diaper in there as a stuffer it doubles thte amount it can hold

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
you could try those 'bed-mats' made by pampers or huggies or whoever.
Those wouldn't much help, as they tend to slide around while asleep.

I know you mentioned money as an issue. However, if you save up some, there is no better protection at night (or daytime for that matter) than cloth diapers and plastic pants. I wear thick flannel diapers at night with extra flannel soakers and it helps tremendously. I think they're more comfortable too. Also, you can get them like mine with cute baby prints on them. Disposables (even the best ones) aren't very good at trapping liquid if you happen to be laying on your side when you wet, even with diaper doublers. However, if you go that route Depends has a decent doubler called a "Boost".
Spaz

I have to switch to cloth soon anyways, for the simple reason of actually saving money. I can actually probably sew them myself.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd contact the insurance company to ask for a better product. Maybe they have a little margin.

I'd advise against baby diaper as "booster". Since they are not covered by insurance and are taxed. (In Canada, baby diaper are taxed, adult diaper are not) I beleive it's the same in the states.

A complete cloth diaper setup might solve your problem, but it's still an large initial investment.

Plastic pants alone could help, but they have drawbacks, like causing circulatory problem in the legs because of the tight leg elastics.

What's the cause of your bedwetting, and how old are you? I assume you are an adult, if it's covered by your insurance.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm 17 actually, and I don't know the cause of it, it just happens. I've been told it's been caused by ptsd (post traumatic stress disorder). And I don't think my insurance will cover it, they never have.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
If money is a big issue for you, I'd definitely recommend cloth diapers. I have worn them before, and while I don't wear them regularly, they are the best at stopping leaks (especially at night), as long as you have enough material to absorb as much as you wet.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
First find where the leaks are happening from and how much is making its way out?
All the extra padding in the middle won't help if it leaks right out the side or over the top.
I'm assuming that it's from the sides, so here's my solution for you. (I'm a back sleeper, but used to sleep on my side.)
Use diaper doublers (in the baby isle, 30 for like 3 dollars) put one or two lenghtwise along your hips, the tapes should be above and below when you secure them, making a channel for the urine to follow, right along the doubler. It may or may not work for you, but give it a try.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
First find where the leaks are happening from and how much is making its way out?
All the extra padding in the middle won't help if it leaks right out the side or over the top.
I'm assuming that it's from the sides, so here's my solution for you. (I'm a back sleeper, but used to sleep on my side.)
Use diaper doublers (in the baby isle, 30 for like 3 dollars) put one or two lenghtwise along your hips, the tapes should be above and below when you secure them, making a channel for the urine to follow, right along the doubler. It may or may not work for you, but give it a try.
Yea, I sleep on my side, so it leaks on the side. I'll give that a try ^^

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
So, have you tried it yet? Is it working? Any update?

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
It didn't do much good actually, so I tried a cloth diaper that I made, and that seemed to do the job ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.