Bedwetting as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice to know that I am not alone. It is hard to deal with bedwetting, at any age, especially if the people who you trust to care for you are less than helpful, or worse. However, it is comforting to have others in the same boat. We can offer each other the support that we deserved. <3

Reactions: richard3, Jim100 and Littleboy10
jojokelly said:
Took forever to potty train. After that, I wet the bed virtually every night until age 12; with a few wet nights until the age of 13. My mom tried getting me to wear diapers to bed. I just took the diaper off after my mom left my bedroom. My parents dealt with it and didn’t abuse me about it.

so how long did it take you to realize you actually liked wearing diapers?

I started to want to wear 10 or so and 13my first jack election. In my diaper felt good but scared me.

I was so lucky to only have some wetting problems then when starting school dry till I was 50 then the problems started.I had a talk with my wife about it she was in agreement that diapers would keep her dry.There was little stigma as I'am autistic.

Reactions: Jim100 and Wetshisbed
sport1 said:
I was so lucky to only have some wetting problems then when starting school dry till I was 50 then the problems started.I had a talk with my wife about it she was in agreement that diapers would keep her dry.There was little stigma as I'am autistic.
i've been in nappies since I turned 50.

Reactions: Zeke, Jim100 and chamberpot
That seem's like a golden number.

Reactions: Jim100, chamberpot and hoimi
Wet the bed practically every night until I was a little over 14 years old. It was like a switch when I stopped. I remember my last accident happened in the middle of the summer in 2007, I was wearing Goodnites at the time (Soccer Players design) and I woke up one morning and was loaded, full to the brim. I remember I threw on a shirt, went downstairs to eat breakfast before I changed and my mom saw my pull-up and asked me if I leaked because they looked way wetter than usual. Surprisingly, they didn’t leak and I told her no I just had a really wet night. After I ate breakfast, I changed and that was the last night time accident I ever had. My parents made me wear them for two weeks to make sure but I was dry every night and after that, threw away the rest of the Goodnites and haven’t had an accident since.

Reactions: Makinitinteresting7456, richard3, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and 2 others
I had quite a few bedwetting accidents growing up but I was so paranoid about it happening that I often did not sleep well at all. I didn't quite have insomnia but always had a difficult time falling asleep, worried I might wet myself again. I often would go to the bathroom once or twice before finally falling asleep. My parents never got me diapers or pull-ups but I kind of always wanted them so I could just relax and fall asleep right away.
My bedwetting came back a couple of years ago during a time of massive stress, now I just wear diapers to avoid accidents.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
Diaper2005 said:
Hey everyone! I would like to know if all of you have any bedwetting experiences as a child. How did you deal with it? We’re your parents accepting of it? Have a good day.
I have always wet the bed childhood seemed like nothing but wet pants and father trying to beat the wetting out of me till I was age 11 and a new best friend came into my life and her mother gave me a home and protection at age 12 her grandmother used to dress us alike she even made toddler style clothing for us to wear late we had to make a funny pair with me 6,3 and Roberta just 4 feet miss her very much and holding each other was we wet with each other she was killed at age 19 in viet nam

Reactions: richard3
I used to have to wake up at midnight to go to the bathroom and had to tell my parents that I was up. Many times I had already wet my diaper or pullup so I had to change them or wake my mom up to change my depends diapers

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
Bedwetter12 said:
Wet the bed practically every night until I was a little over 14 years old. It was like a switch when I stopped. I remember my last accident happened in the middle of the summer in 2007, I was wearing Goodnites at the time (Soccer Players design) and I woke up one morning and was loaded, full to the brim. I remember I threw on a shirt, went downstairs to eat breakfast before I changed and my mom saw my pull-up and asked me if I leaked because they looked way wetter than usual. Surprisingly, they didn’t leak and I told her no I just had a really wet night. After I ate breakfast, I changed and that was the last night time accident I ever had. My parents made me wear them for two weeks to make sure but I was dry every night and after that, threw away the rest of the Goodnites and haven’t had an accident since.
What an amazing story. If you could figure out how to activate the "switch" for all of the kids still suffering from the "curse" you would be a billionaire! I also wet the bed practically every until around 13-14, but I never found the switch. With me-more like a "dimmner". I slowly started drying up but never totally. Thus as a high school teen, suffered through many embarrasing incidents while sleeping undiapered. Enough that I returned to night diapers and plastic pants by the time I was 17 or so. By then I had unintentionally outed myself enough times with accidents, that I doubt many of my good friends were not aware of my problem.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Bedwetter12 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
iampadded said:
What an amazing story. If you could figure out how to activate the "switch" for all of the kids still suffering from the "curse" you would be a billionaire! I also wet the bed practically every until around 13-14, but I never found the switch. With me-more like a "dimmner". I slowly started drying up but never totally. Thus as a high school teen, suffered through many embarrasing incidents while sleeping undiapered. Enough that I returned to night diapers and plastic pants by the time I was 17 or so. By then I had unintentionally outed myself enough times with accidents, that I doubt many of my good friends were not aware of my problem.
I honestly thought it would never stop. I mean I was peeing nightly, even at 14 and it seemed like it was getting worse, not better. I remember the few weeks before I stopped entirely were some of the heavier wettings I had. One interesting thing that I forgot to mention, I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at 14 and maybe that contributed to the wetting and why it stopped so suddenly. Who knows? It stopped very shortly after I was diagnosed and my blood glucose levels stabilized.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and BobbiSueEllen
Yes. That has a lot to do with it. Before you were being treated with insulin your night time blood sugars were really high. Makes you pee to get rid of the sugar. Actually this is how they identify who may be diabetic-If a kid is peeing all the time. Every Type 1 diabetic I know peed the bed as an older child before they were diagnosed. They were probably "pre diabetic" (the honeymoon period) for years before being diagnosed. Many did stop soon after insulin therapy began.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Bedwetter12
iampadded said:
Yes. That has a lot to do with it. Before you were being treated with insulin your night time blood sugars were really high. Makes you pee to get rid of the sugar. Actually this is how they identify who may be diabetic-If a kid is peeing all the time. Every Type 1 diabetic I know peed the bed as an older child before they were diagnosed. They were probably "pre diabetic" (the honeymoon period) for years before being diagnosed. Many did stop soon after insulin therapy began.
Yeah. Makes perfect sense. My blood glucose levels were at 900 at the endocrine’s office and the next day dropped down to 220 and then eventually 120 by the following day

Bedwetter12 said:
Yeah. Makes perfect sense. My blood glucose levels were at 900 at the endocrine’s office and the next day dropped down to 220 and then eventually 120 by the following day
You were "framed" for all of those late years as a bedwetter when it was probably your high blood sugars.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Bedwetter12
Certainly towards the end, I would definitely blame diabetes on my Bedwetting as I was peeing more heavily, not less, after the age of 13 before I stopped. However, I believe I was a bedwetter also before diabetes had a real impact on my life. I mean I was never dry growing up. I remember when I was about 7 and my younger brother was done potty training I was given his left over diapers to wear at night as my parents had no hope of my wetting ending at that point. They were very supportive of it though and never made me feel bad. I think this is why I never felt shamed about it. I mean, I remember growing up I never even hid my night diapers while walking around the house when I had them on and no one made fun of me for it. I can remember when I was 9, wearing my youngest brother’s training pants at night around the house with just a shirt on right after he finished potty training (late at 4) and no one saying anything. Even in the morning, I walked around with the training pants on, clearly wet, and even more obvious because they had the learning designs and they were gone in the morning 😂 before I changed and not having a care in the world. Even when I wore Goodnites it was not uncommon for me to walk around in the morning in the house, diaper sagging and wet and eating some breakfast and watching TV with family for a bit before getting up and changing into my normal day clothes. It was just normal routine

Bedwetter12 said:
Certainly towards the end, I would definitely blame diabetes on my Bedwetting as I was peeing more heavily, not less, after the age of 13 before I stopped. However, I believe I was a bedwetter also before diabetes had a real impact on my life. I mean I was never dry growing up. I remember when I was about 7 and my younger brother was done potty training I was given his left over diapers to wear at night as my parents had no hope of my wetting ending at that point. They were very supportive of it though and never made me feel bad. I think this is why I never felt shamed about it. I mean, I remember growing up I never even hid my night diapers while walking around the house when I had them on and no one made fun of me for it. I can remember when I was 9, wearing my youngest brother’s training pants at night around the house with just a shirt on right after he finished potty training (late at 4) and no one saying anything. Even in the morning, I walked around with the training pants on, clearly wet, and even more obvious because they had the learning designs and they were gone in the morning 😂 before I changed and not having a care in the world. Even when I wore Goodnites it was not uncommon for me to walk around in the morning in the house, diaper sagging and wet and eating some breakfast and watching TV with family for a bit before getting up and changing into my normal day clothes. It was just normal routine
Of course you were a bedwetter early on, but my point is many, if not most, adolescent bedwetters start to become dry during puberty. That is why its a progression to dryness. In your case, they started treating you with Insulin and BOOM you stopped bedwetting. So I figure you were probably starting to grow out of it perhaps 12-18 prior to your diagnosis, but your increased blood sugars took over and kept you peeing in bed. Given that the one thing most adolescent bedwetters have in common is that they are really deep sleepers, that in combination with the increase blood sugar enhanced the flood. Since you had always wet the bed, your parents did not become overly concerned. That is what led to your diagnosis taking so long. I have a cousin a couple of years older than me that was dry at night from the age of 4, who at 15 started heavily and chronically peeing the bed. After a couple of weeks of this, his parents became concerned and took him to the doctor who diagnosed type 1 diabetes. Once they started giving him insulin, the bedwetting stopped.

Reactions: Bedwetter12 and BobbiSueEllen
As for the family scene, my parents and older sister never hastled me or intentionally humiliated me over my bedwetting. It was just treated as a medical condition I could not control. While my mother could sometimes be unintentionally indiscreet (leaving folded diapers and plastic pants on the laundry table in the basement or my dresser-or my plastic pants or my rubber sheet drying on the basement laundry line-where they could be seen by my friends if I was not careful). Among the family I was not bashful being seen in my diapers. They had all diapered me at one point or another anyway.

Reactions: Rezzu, Bedwetter12 and BobbiSueEllen
Yes, bed wetting until 13

Reactions: richard3 and BobbiSueEllen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back