Bedwetting as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaper2005 said:
Hey everyone! I would like to know if all of you have any bedwetting experiences as a child. How did you deal with it? We’re your parents accepting of it? Have a good day.

I've been stuck with bedwetting ever since I was a small child. I just got a new mattress cover last week.
It really sucks when your room smells like pee all the time.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
chamberpot said:
You are right in thinking that it was child abuse, I too wet the bed on accident until i was around 6 or 7 , and then would wet often after that on purpose, I can never remember being told anything about it , I do remember that my bed was always soiled and never changed it just dried between wetting , my room smelled strongly of pee and strangely enough it was very comforting thing for me , my parents were both drunks and made no effort to care for me or my siblings we just did as we pleased for the most part, I cannot tell you how messed up I have always been about bed-wetting

I hope everything is going better for you now, and that nobody ever treats you like that again :cry:

MajesticHamster said:
I hope everything is going better for you now, and that nobody ever treats you like that again :cry:
Thanks but that was sixty years ago , I am over it...lol.. not that i still don't wet the bed , but I am always diapered so it all good.

Reactions: MajesticHamster
I did rarely when I was 10ish. Sometimes woke up halfway though wetting the bed! My parents obviously knew about that but didn't do anything as such.
After that nothing till I was 15 and having a bad time at school. Had a couple on and off accidents in the space of a month or so.
By that time I knew of my ABDL side so actually owned some DryNites. So I wore them, and was able to hide it from my parents as didn't want them to know I had suddenly started wetting at 15. Looking back now I know it was because I was not eating properly and was ill mentally, I was worried at the time it was because I was starting to become interested in nappies and wearing them - like that makes sense haha.

MajesticHamster said:
I've been stuck with bedwetting ever since I was a small child. I just got a new mattress cover last week.
It really sucks when your room smells like pee all the time.
I know what you mean. Growing u thee was no mistaking a bedwetter slept in my room

Reactions: chamberpot and Jim100
I was a chronic bedwetter growing up. I think it started around 8 or 9 years old. My dad would always get so mad at me. I dreaded having to tell my parents when I wet my bed because I knew I would get spanked until I was crying. I grew up in a very small town and my parents were very rigid in their ways and not supportive unfortunately. After enough wet sheets and briefs, I was eventually forced to wear the thick white GoodNites and plastic panties or old fashioned rubber pants to bed, which was covered with a thick loud crinkly plastic sheet. My parents also bought me several pairs of training briefs too that replaced most of my normal briefs. I was always so embarrassed when my parents would check me before bed to make sure I was diapered properly. I continued wetting the bed well into high school. I think I was about 16 or 17 when it finally stopped. By that point, I had moved into the light green Depends diapers at night since they were bigger and had more capacity. Was still made to wear plastic panties overtop too just in case. My mom would always hang the clothes to dry outside on the clothesline and basically advertise to the neighbours she had a bedwetter in the house. And that plastic crinkly sheet is still on my bed waiting for me whenever I go home to visit. Started wetting the bed again in my late 20's and it has been becoming more and more regular unfortunately. Diapers and plastic panties at night are basically a necessity again these days. And my bedwetting, combined with my daytime leaks and dribbles, has pretty much forced me back into diapers without much choice.

Reactions: surprise35
I’m a lifelong bedwetter. As a child I was a late potty trainer not getting dry during the day until I was almost 10. My bed wetting persisted beyond this and I still wet the bed pretty much every night to this day. Growing up we tried all sorts of things from alarms, to medication, limiting fluids and waking during the night. Whilst some had some impact nothing sorted the problem and some had side effects. As such management was necessary and I had a plastic sheet on my bed and wore nappies. Growing up and particularly as I got older and friends got dry at night I felt alone. It’s good to have this forum and to know there are many who struggle with similar issues.

Reactions: Absorblock, hoimi, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
I had a chronic bedwetting problem till about 16 ore 17. many doctors were not able to find out why.
I learned to do laundry at 3 am.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08 and Wetshisbed
jeffeybug said:
I had a chronic bedwetting problem till about 16 ore 17. many doctors were not able to find out why.
I learned to do laundry at 3 am.
I was the same a chronic nightly bedwetter growing up. The doctor's never came up with a reason why."Oh don't worry he'll grow out of it in his own time" Well I wet the bed until my early 20's and even after that all through my adult life I have had episodes of wetting. At least when my wetting came back in my late 40's I had a proper diagnosis for it even if it can not be cured.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperGuy08
I wet the bed every night until I was about 16. My parents were always pretty good about making sure I had Goodnites on hand for me to wear at night.

Reactions: Mauiman and DiaperGuy08
I did not wet the bed as a child. However, my AB side relates very heavily to bed wetting. I dream of being a young boy again who is a hopeless bed wetter. My Mommy, though, is very understanding and each night lovingly puts me in cloth diapers and plastic pants. I feel very secure and relaxed sleeping in my cloth diapers and plastic pants

Warning: Heaviness ahead. You have been warned.
Before the age of 10, I do not recall having any bed wetting issues, but I do remember being overly-cautious before bed. I was under the impression that I needed to ‘completely drain the tank’ and would sit on the toilet for quite a while, whilst running water on my hands to stimulate my bladder.
After a traumatic attack at 10 (during which I wet myself in fear), I woke from a nightmare in a soaked bed. I remember trying to surreptitiously sneak a towel from the bathroom and shuffle my wet linens downstairs. I was not as stealthy as I’d hoped, as once I was downstairs before the washer, lit only by the light of the moon, my mother called to me, and asked if I was alright. I was so terrified of being found out, that I pressed myself against the wall and washer, in an attempt to hide. The fear was overwhelming, and I wet myself, sans underclothing. I remember the awful feel of hot urine down my legs, pooling at my feet that were bare and cold on the concrete. My mother asked again if I needed help. Somehow, I found the strength to reply with a shaky no. After I heard her footsteps retreat in the direction of her bedroom, I dried myself off using a dirty towel from one of the piles of laundry to be done, threw my wet bedclothes into the washer, started the cycle, and made my way back upstairs to my own room. I stopped by the bathroom and grabbed another set of sheets and a dry towel. It was futile trying to dry the large wet spot in the middle of the mattress, as it had begun soaking in. I remember trying not to cry out loud in frustration and shame, and hot tears coursing down my cheeks as I scrubbed. I finally resigned to my fate, folded the towel back into a large square, and placed it over the spot. Sheets went on top. I don’t think I was able to sleep at all for the rest of the night.
This horrible cycle continued for a few days; a horrid nightmare, a wet bed, a fumble to try and hide the soaking shame, and a desperate need to hide it all.
Following the immediate attack, my parent‘s never inquired about my reactions, my subsequent bed wetting, and the PTSD that developed. If I asked, the assault was my fault, for walking in a ‘dangerous place’ alone, and the bedwetting? A sign that I was mentally ill.
I have been processing this incident for twenty years, and the body really does keep the score. Nightmares and bedwetting immediately take me back to that first night.
As a grown-up, I know that the assault was not my fault. I know that the bedwetting wasn’t because of a mental illness; it was a reaction to something that no-one should go through. It is getting better, but has been rough lately.
But I need to put on some cartoons and build some new Lego! I got a a little Star Wars set of a Snowspeeder to join my fleet!

I used to wet the bed up until around 10-12 unfortunately I grew up in a time without pull ups and what not, my parents were always a little frustrated and would let out a good loud sigh before helping me clean my bed up and clean me up. It never failed even with a bedwetter alarm and an alarm clock to wake me every 2-3 hrs I would still have a wet bed. Now some 32 yrs after the fact here I am I still have bed accidents use to have em in my twenties and my 30’s and even now .. only difference now is I have my padding before I even lay down actually all the time because mattresses get expensive..☺️

hoimi said:
Warning: Heaviness ahead. You have been warned.
Before the age of 10, I do not recall having any bed wetting issues, but I do remember being overly-cautious before bed. I was under the impression that I needed to ‘completely drain the tank’ and would sit on the toilet for quite a while, whilst running water on my hands to stimulate my bladder.
After a traumatic attack at 10 (during which I wet myself in fear), I woke from a nightmare in a soaked bed. I remember trying to surreptitiously sneak a towel from the bathroom and shuffle my wet linens downstairs. I was not as stealthy as I’d hoped, as once I was downstairs before the washer, lit only by the light of the moon, my mother called to me, and asked if I was alright. I was so terrified of being found out, that I pressed myself against the wall and washer, in an attempt to hide. The fear was overwhelming, and I wet myself, sans underclothing. I remember the awful feel of hot urine down my legs, pooling at my feet that were bare and cold on the concrete. My mother asked again if I needed help. Somehow, I found the strength to reply with a shaky no. After I heard her footsteps retreat in the direction of her bedroom, I dried myself off using a dirty towel from one of the piles of laundry to be done, threw my wet bedclothes into the washer, started the cycle, and made my way back upstairs to my own room. I stopped by the bathroom and grabbed another set of sheets and a dry towel. It was futile trying to dry the large wet spot in the middle of the mattress, as it had begun soaking in. I remember trying not to cry out loud in frustration and shame, and hot tears coursing down my cheeks as I scrubbed. I finally resigned to my fate, folded the towel back into a large square, and placed it over the spot. Sheets went on top. I don’t think I was able to sleep at all for the rest of the night.
This horrible cycle continued for a few days; a horrid nightmare, a wet bed, a fumble to try and hide the soaking shame, and a desperate need to hide it all.
Following the immediate attack, my parent‘s never inquired about my reactions, my subsequent bed wetting, and the PTSD that developed. If I asked, the assault was my fault, for walking in a ‘dangerous place’ alone, and the bedwetting? A sign that I was mentally ill.
I have been processing this incident for twenty years, and the body really does keep the score. Nightmares and bedwetting immediately take me back to that first night.
As a grown-up, I know that the assault was not my fault. I know that the bedwetting wasn’t because of a mental illness; it was a reaction to something that no-one should go through. It is getting better, but has been rough lately.
But I need to put on some cartoons and build some new Lego! I got a a little Star Wars set of a Snowspeeder to join my fleet!
I feel for you. No one should have to go through what you went through. Both the attack and not getting the help after. I was sexually assaulted when I was 10 . It affected me for quite a while after and I cept it a secret for about 25 years even though I have a very good and understanding mother ho would have done anything to help me but I was to ashamed to say anything . My wife was the first person I ever told and then my mother and now you. I hope you can get some help and support

Reactions: hoimi
I wet the bed on rare occasion until we moved when I was 9...and then I was more frequent about it due to stress. My mom was exasperated-but-patient, my dad had zero patience at all, it enraged him. I was threatened with Pampers every time...but nothing happened. There was an open box of toddler Pampers in the hall closet, about 12 of them, I never ended up wearing one. It all finally ended at 12, after three miserable years. My world opened up more after that.

Yes.
I did a lot of bedwetting in childhood.
My teen and early adult years were dry.
I went backwards with respect to bedwetting and daytime wetting from age 29 onwards.

I have been bedwetting and daywetting throughout my entire life. And an internal birth defect which was corrected with surgery, I am still having issues with my urinary system and not being able to hold it in. I want to just be done and rid of this, yeah, it will not be fun or comfortable without being in diapers and such. But I have grown to accept it and myself for who I am. I don't like being a freak as I steer clear from that.

IV wet the bed and never really stop. My mother would keep me in diapers it until about 10.cloth diapers back then. I think she thought I was just being lazy so she stopped .now a
New approach was taken. Spanking and being made fun of by my 8 brother and sisters at my mother's request.being my dad was
Abusive drunk to everyone of us.. that Madness alone would cause any kid to be a bedwetter .now my mother wants to add this.
Needless to say it did not help.lot more wet beds no protection and Embarrassment to say the least .at 10or 11 my love for diapers started to grow. At that time not sure if it was security just because I want to protect the bed I truly was not sure at that time I just wanted them. So I would make them.and Pampers came out about then.I love that .the time in when I hit 15 and my friends would talk about Girlsand the hole time my mind in on diapers. Truly scary am I a freak? got no one to talk to you about it .can't go online learn about it I pretty much just want to die. Just kept it all deep inside me and kept it moving.

I just want to say so glad to find this page. Maybe now i can feel abet normal and have some were I belong. THANK YOU ALL

Littleboy10 said:
I just want to say so glad to find this page. Maybe now i can feel abet normal and have some were I belong. THANK YOU ALL
Welcome. Most of us know what it's like to have a love for nappies and to be ashamed of it. But when you accept it as a part of you or forst back into them by incontinence it can be very comforting to know that others are around just like you 🚼🧸

• Love
Reactions: sport1 and Littleboy10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back