Bedwetting as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always bet the bed, mom never cared much it always annoyed my dad to no end, to deal with it I have always just used diapers like Pull-ups and Goodnites.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Bedwetter12
Elhon said:
I have always bet the bed, mom never cared much it always annoyed my dad to no end, to deal with it I have always just used diapers like Pull-ups and Goodnites.
My parents never had an issue with it. I just was provided with Diapers until 8, my brother’s training pants until I was 9 (I was skinny for my age) and then Goodnites from 10-14 years old. I wore those and that kept my bed dry.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and BobbiSueEllen
Petr89 said:
I wet the bed a few times when I was 5-6 years old. I would just put a few towels over the wet spot, cover it with blankets and hope it dried by nighttime. My mother never brought it up so I think she never found out.
Similarly, embarrassed/ashamed I more than once made my wet bed in the morning pretending all was fine. To my dismay it dried little if at all during the day under the blankets. First time mom found out when she remade my bed to get the wrinkles out. After that I made sure there were no wrinkles and nothing was ever said.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Elhon said:
Yep. Diapers until I was 8, my little brothers training pants until I was 10 and Goodnites until I was 14.5

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
nappyphilia said:
Yes, bed wetting until 13
I'm 27 years old and I still wet the bed, my doctor diagnosed me with neurogenic bladder, and my parents don't entirely believe the doctor, they won't let me wear protection for it, the urine is harming my skin

Diaper2005 said:
Hey everyone! I would like to know if all of you have any bedwetting experiences as a child. How did you deal with it? We’re your parents accepting of it? Have a good day.
Actually, I started to wet the bed when I was in Montana while my grandma had to get eye surgery.
When I got back, I had been bedwetting off and on. My grandma wouldn't let me get goodnites sadly.

I'm 27 and I still wet the bed sometimes,cerebral palsy did this to me

i had bed wetting issues all the way up to 13 and stopped for a few years and at 18 they came back and i went to a doctor for it it stopped after a while then 3 years later came back every night it seems i wet the bed its kinda embarrassing i had to tell my mom she set up a appointment with my doctor and was really chill about it

My childhood memories are a little bit hazy in parts, but I do in fact, remember, that I wet the bed when I was about 7 or 8.

At the time, it only lasted a few nights and the only thing i did about it was simply letting it run it's course.

Afterwards, I've been dry ever since, save for this one time when I was 14 and that was when I actually wanted to wet the bed again.

I was a bedwetter until I was 14, almost every night until I was about 12. After I turned 4 and kept wetting the night time pull ups, my parents just put me back in pampers cruisers until I was 9 and then I was put in youth diapers. Had the plastic mattress cover and all. Mom and dad tried goodnites, but I wet too much. I had to wear diapers every night, didn’t matter where we were or what friends stayed the night. Then once puberty hit I started to realize I liked wearing the diapers, but the bed wetting had mostly subsided. Mom I think caught on when she could tell my shorts weren’t sagging when I’d first wake up but then would be droopy after a bit or when they’d be sagging before I went to bed, and that I was wearing them during the day on the weekends. Her final straw was when a friend stayed the night and she could tell I never put on a diaper and she found out I took the noisy mattress cover off. That was her sign that I wasn’t wetting the bed any more. Up until that, she was supportive since they kept me and the mattress dry, but dad never really cared or was indifferent, if mom wasn’t there he’d simply ask “did you put a diaper on?” or remind me to put one on.

I had problems with bed wetting until about age 10. I also had a strong desire to wear plastic pants throughout my youth which continued on and off throughout my life. The elderly lady my folks hired as my babysitter was quite upset when she caught me wearing a pair under my pants when I was taking too long in her bathroom and she opened the door to find out why. Mom asked me one time, at about age 7, what I thought we should do about my bed wetting and I remember suggesting that we try plastic pants again. She said that she didn’t think that they would help without diapers to soak up the liquid but I wasn’t interested in having anything between my plastic pants and my tush so we didn’t try that again. Mornings waking up in a wet, cold bed on top of that plastic mattress protector were far from pleasant and are still in my memory. We moved from our trailer house to a house in a nearby town when I turned 8 and I began to wet intermittently instead of every night after that. It was still quite a problem when I would ask to have friends sleepover and I seldom went to friends for overnight stays. My parents didn’t make me feel as though it was my fault so I never felt ashamed at home but I sometimes did if I wet when staying with at a friend’s house. By the time I reached 10 everything dried up at night and I didn’t have any problems for the next 50 years until a spinal injury and a seizure have caused my incontinence. Stay padded, it sure beats waking up in a wet bed!

ShadowFox141 said:
i had bed wetting issues all the way up to 13 and stopped for a few years and at 18 they came back and i went to a doctor for it it stopped after a while then 3 years later came back every night it seems i wet the bed its kinda embarrassing i had to tell my mom she set up a appointment with my doctor and was really chill about it
My urologist didn't help with my bedwetting, medication and self catheterization didn't work, catheter usage made me pee my bed like a baby, I couldn't hold it at all

WBxx said:
Similarly, embarrassed/ashamed I more than once made my wet bed in the morning pretending all was fine. To my dismay it dried little if at all during the day under the blankets. First time mom found out when she remade my bed to get the wrinkles out. After that I made sure there were no wrinkles and nothing was ever said.
I often just made the wet bed in the morning hoping my Mother wouldn't notice.

Yes, for the most part to some degree. Out of baby diapers by age 2 and into just training underwear through age 3. Age 4 I had to start wearing plastic underpants over my training underwear at night. Start of age 5 and kindergarten I think I was in regular underwear but summer of age 5 went to a church family camp and wet my sleeping bag 3 nights straight quite heavy. I was back in plastic underpants over my training underwear (or regular underwear?). At this age I recall liking the protection my plastic underpants gave me at night. This was the start of considering wet sheets vs dry sheets comfort. Age 6 back into just regular or training underwear at night. Was fine through age 7 and then had my first sleepover at age 8 in the summer. I was totally humiliated as I soaked my friend's bed. I apologized to his mom the next morning and sort of mentioned I had worn plastic underpants "a while ago".

Next sleepover at his house (had to stay there parents going out of town) his mom had retrieved some pp from the attic in a box that my friend had worn several years earlier. As embarrassed as I was I accepted them but was very upset when I wet though my trainers and the pp. My world of protection was shattered. The following night his mom had me wear a full cloth diaper and large pp and even though it was humiliatingly, the next morning I was soaked but the sheets were not and this instilled in my mental state that there was still protection for me at night for my size. His mom actually talked to me about this and helped me through it as an overall good situation.

I honestly do not recall how often I wore "bigger boy" plastic underpants over my trainers or regular underwear to bed after that as it all seemed good for me and after 8 years typical for my nightware. I do know around age 10 I asked my mom if she could take my plastic mattress cover off my bed and she said we needed "to wait a bit longer to see how things go". Sometime around age 11 the vinyl cover was gone one night from then on.

My parents were always great about me wearing protection in one form or another at night off / on up to age 10. Nothing was ever said and I occasionally would walk through the house with just a tee shirt and my pp on in the morning and no one in my family thought anything about it.

Up to age 13 I was totally dry (I think) but bought my own pp when I began to misunderstand wet dreams at night. At age 13 I bought them myself as I thought this is what a big boy would do instead of having his mom get them. Initially I hid them between the mattress and box spring but when I think my mom found them (she never said anything) I just put them in my regular underwear drawer and since my mom did my wash she must have seen them but never said anything as she must have known I needed them (wet dream underwear washing?).

Age 14 - 17 I was dry but in college it all came back. Now I wear adult training underwear and PULs over those nightly even though I only have slight wettings about 2 - 4 times per year. My bed at my parent's house has a vinyl protective cover on it ever since I got it out of the linen closet when I came back from college the first time and knew I needed it since I was wearing at night a full diaper and pp at that point.

Reactions: Bedwetter12
I wasn’t ashamed of it around my family. I remember I was looking after my little brother who was 5 for a little while when my parents went to dinner at 14 one time. He wet the bed nightly but being 5 that wasn’t too abnormal. I was still wetting pretty much nightly at 14 and wore Goodnites to bed. I remember he and I were going to watch “Finding Nemo” but before I told him we needed to get ready for bed. He still wore night diapers as they fit him perfectly. I went into my room and got on a shirt and put on my Goodnites and didn’t cover them. I still remember to this day how ironic it was changing him into a diaper while I was wearing a diaper myself. I went into his room and put on him in his diaper. After that we both went downstairs, diapers uncovered, watched the movie and went to bed after.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke
Bedwetter12 said:
I wasn’t ashamed of it around my family. I remember I was looking after my little brother who was 5 for a little while when my parents went to dinner at 14 one time. He wet the bed nightly but being 5 that wasn’t too abnormal. I was still wetting pretty much nightly at 14 and wore Goodnites to bed. I remember he and I were going to watch “Finding Nemo” but before I told him we needed to get ready for bed. He still wore night diapers as they fit him perfectly. I went into my room and got on a shirt and put on my Goodnites and didn’t cover them. I still remember to this day how ironic it was changing him into a diaper while I was wearing a diaper myself. I went into his room and put on him in his diaper. After that we both went downstairs, diapers uncovered, watched the movie and went to bed after.
That's so sweet.

• Love
Reactions: wetnights and Bedwetter12
I grew up as a bed wetter. I had wet most of my life and didn't finally "grow out of it" until my mid to late teens. Throughout this time, I had always taken care of my nighttime accidents and we only used a plastic sheet for protection. The cleanup was never forced on me, nor did my parents ever use this as "punishment", rather it was just a responsibility of mine. I probably started stripping sheets, washing, and making my bed around the first grade.

I looked upon this quite differently at different times in my life. When I was really young, it didn't even phase me. I had no idea that something was "different" with me until I reached about six or seven.

Around this time I knew I was "different", however it really didn't affect me and I hadn't taken much notice of it until about age ten.

At this point in life I became a bit distressed with bed wetting and I knew that something was "wrong" with me. This change in attitude probably came about because of scouts, camping trips, sleep overs, all things that I was now a bit wary to take part in that a normal hyper-active outgoing 10 year old boy would. It didn't stop me (never did), though it made things a bit more difficult and stressful at times since you have to plan things out by telling your friends parents, the school, scout organizers, and family. I was always smart about my night-time accidents though. I never panicked, worried too much, and just kept taking responsibility for them.

By the time I was twelve or so the stress had pretty much vanished, and I was now just dealing with a "condition". I had been really lucky that NO ONE had ever found out (without being told prior) or caught me, and they never would.

At about fourteen/fifteen my mom (probably out of frustration and prompted by a coupon for Attends) asked me if I would like to try diapers to make things easier around the house. I was absolutely dumbstruck and froze like a deer in headlights. The thought had never crossed my mind and I hadn't even realized that diapers that big existed. I seriously thought that I was the only one in the world with this issue at my age. It took me all day to wrap my mind around the proposal, and around bedtime that night I had decided that anything was better than the chance of waking up early as hell cold and wet.

She never did buy them. And shortly after that I finally stopped wetting the bed. But the idea stuck. The thought of handling what had been such a big part of my life in a different way intrigued me. It had never occurred to me that there would be other ways of handling bed wetting. It was right around that time that I saw a very rare, original advertisement on TV for GoodNites (1993-94?). Then found a few of their ads in magazines as well. They were just introduced, and for the first time I didn't feel so alone as a bed wetter. I had no idea that other people wet the bed, or so many other kids did as well.

I couldn't resist finding out more. I logged on to their website (maybe one of the first ones I ever used the internet for) and discovered that I was definitely not the only one. Back then they had chat rooms for parents, kids, and teens. It was the first time I had been on a chat room, and it was the first time I talked to someone my age that was also a bed wetter. I also discovered that you could order samples on their website.

I ordered a sample and tried to intercept the mail before my parents every single day for 4-6 weeks. I even ordered samples for some friends in my neighborhood, thinking that I could explain it as marketing or something like that. I just didn't want to be the only one. The sample finally came, and I'm glad I got to it first. The samples back then were sent in an miniature GoodNites bag. It was the size of an envelope, with two GoodNites in it. But it was the same plastic material that a pack would be, the same color, the logo emblazoned on the front of it, as well as your name/address.

That night I excitedly removed them from the package and spent an hour just holding, folding, and inspecting them. I was so curious as to how something so seemingly simple could've helped me for the last 16 years. As part of my investigation I put one on, of course. I was impressed. They felt so soft, were so unobtrusive, and were so discreet (compared to a crinkly plastic bed). In due course my curiosity got the best of me, and despite my years and years and years of hard work trying NOT to pee in bed....I ended up "using" my sample that night.

I was instantly impressed. It was as if nothing happened. My bed was fine, my clothes were fine. No laundry, no changing...just normalcy. I was impressed and a bit euphoric. But the "eureka moment" really was waking up in the morning. I woke up, still wearing my sample, to a dry bed. I woke up when it was time to wake up. I didn't wake up at 2 a.m. cold and soaking wet. I didn't have to strip the bed and change in the middle of the night. I didn't have to change and drag a blanket on to the floor and sleep there because I was too tired to strip and make a bed in the middle of the night. I had finally found the solution.

I was almost saddened, actually. I wasn't wetting the bed anymore. After 16 some odd years I had finally stopped. And here I had this elegant, simple, and ridiculously effective solution to a problem that didn't exist anymore. My interest only deepened. I wanted to know what other products there were out there (none for kids/teens, only adult products existed). I would sneak out to stores and explore the incontinence aisles, buying and sneaking packages of different products. After a few months my interest waned and I began to forget about such things.

But, as I reached my mid 20's and my nightly issues made a worrisome return...I was prepared. I knew exactly how I could handle the problem.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Zeke
Llayden said:
I grew up as a bed wetter.

But, as I reached my mid 20's and my nightly issues made a worrisome return...I was prepared. I knew exactly how I could handle the problem.
Duplicate for me, sorry you did not have the opportunity to wear protective undergarments at night so you would not wake up to cold sheets at 2 am. I was fortunate my parents had me wear protection off/ on until age 10 or so and I began to appreciate it from about age 5. Waking up wet at age 5 at a church camp 3 nights straight was miserable but being put back in plastic underpants made the rest of the week uneventful and I actually enjoyed camp more during the day.

I had months at a time being dry only to have some wetting occur again at a later age. By age 14 - 17 I was dry at night but like you I had that nightly issue come up again at my first week in college in a dorm. In a way I am a very glad I spoke with a counselor (well actually I was invited in) and made the decision to wear a full diaper and pp to keep my bed dry. My roommate actually appreciated it as the smell of wet sheets in the morning was not good and the local dorm floor jerk was always looking for something to degrade somebody about. Fortunately having night time protection was my benefit, not a worrisome psychological pitfall. Having been trained as young boy how to wear appropriate undergarments actually helped me a lot to make this night time issue mostly irrevalent to my college time and relationships.

Reactions: Zeke and Llayden
ST50 said:
i've been in nappies since I turned 50.
Hey, that’s a half century and things get old, wear out and don’t work anymore. There aren’t many items that would stand up to being immersed in a corrosive liquid for the majority of their lives. For me it was age sixty but I had ten years of nighttime leaks before it started working as I was told it should so I guess I got fifty years of service out of my prostate/urinary sphincter before it began nocturnal, and daytime leaking again. Stay padded, it’s definitely better than wet sheets and/or a disgruntled mate.

You know I can't get the parents that did not allow for some kind of incontinence product. Like what the fuck does that solve? There is a problem let me make it worse by removing a form of protection from it. Is a good idea in any situation? I am gonna get shot, well it will still hurt if I have this bulletproof vest on so I better take it off.

I know that is hyperbolic but seriously what is the point? Even from the point of a DL that would knowingly wet my bed for parts of my whole life, I did have reasons that I did it and even if you think my reasons are stupid what does having me wet my sheets and not a diaper accomplish? Yes I did wet at times I know I was going to, most of the time it was to avoid getting distracted and playing vidia at 3 AM and perhaps that is dumb, still do not get how it is less dumb if I wet the bed an have more wash to do. Say I wet just because I want to, perhaps that is dumb but again the same question what does making the problem worse solve? Perhaps is you are hot it is a bad idea to start a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back