bed wetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daria7483

I've also heard of people wetting the bed when they are cold. It kind of makes sense to me...if I have to pee, and then I get cold, it makes me have to pee even more. I guess just something about how you tense up.

Anyway, I've known a few people who wet their beds when they were drunk. But seeing as you're 14, I certainly don't advocate that. The other option might be to drink coffee before bed. Coffee makes me have to pee really bad really fast.

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
yes i am going to drink a lot before bed plus the pills and being cold, i really hope it works. thanks Jester

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
when people are cold their muscles contract to heat up the body. caffeine does act as a diuretic, but you won't be able to sleep. using sleep medicines as directed should not be combined with caffeine because the opposite reactions might cause an adverse affect.
i would say try the natural diuretic route but also train your bladder to release all urine immediately and as frequently as possible. causing yourself to go will decrease your bladder's ability to retain large amounts of water for long periods of time thus enabling your sleeping body to release it with ease during your sleep.
also, if you have the ability to do this, try putting a waterproof sheet over your bed and get comfortable wetting your bed either with or without a diaper on. this way you'll also train your brain that it's ok to wet that area without consciously knowing it.
TL;DR: don't resort to drugs. drugs are bad, ok?

Aidy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Carer
Well, instead of sleeping pills use antihistamines. They knock me for six and are usually safer. Benadryl is a common one and I have a few others I use for bee stings (I'm allergic)

A couple of weeks ago I drank a lot of water. A LOT of water about 10 minutes before bed. I had taken some of my antihistamines an hour before. Completely peed myself... overly much. Glad I was wearing a tena slip maxi, a towel around that with plastic pants. I must have drank about 2L of water and, I'm not sure how I would have wetted but I'm guessing it would have been a flood.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I would tell you to use a muscle relaxer instead of a sedative, but I don't think you can get one of those, so go ahead and go with the sedatives or antihistamines. Antihistamines never put me asleep, but they might work on you.. Be sure to use no more than the recommended dose.

Like others have said, I notice that if I do wet my bed, it is usually during the winter months. Like 2-3 times, not counting sick days. I blame it on being cold during the night. Being cold always makes me have to pee anyway, so if I already have to pee, and then get cold- it's a recipe for disaster..

So I would say to drink some tea before bed. Yes, tea- tea always makes me half to pee badly within about half an hour, so drink some before bed and see if it works for you as well. I also recommend putting the a/c on cold and pointing a fan at yourself during the night. If that doesn't make you wet your bed, then I don't know what will.

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I would tell you to use a muscle relaxer instead of a sedative, but I don't think you can get one of those, so..

Like others have said, I notice that if I do wet my bed, it is usually during the winter months. Like 2-3 times, not counting sick days. I am also blame it on being cold. Sometimes I will wake shivering during the winter time, so I think that's why.. being cold always makes me have to pee anyway, so if I already have to pee, and then get cold- it's a recipe for disaster.

So I would say to drink some tea before bed. yes, tea. Tea always makes me half to pee badly withing about half an hour, so drink some before bed and see if it works for you. I also recommend putting the a/c on the coldest setting you can get away with, and pointing a fan at yourself during the night. If that doesn't make you wet your bed, then I don't know what will.
I wouldn't make yourself really cold if you are like me and take a shower before bed...That could easily make you sick

Role
Incontinent
Benadryl completely knocks me out for probably 8 - 12 hours. I took a couple when I had the flu last month, I went to bed at 10 PM and didn't wake up until 10 AM.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Folks, please, do not talk about abusing medicine! Every pill you can take serves a special purpose, and you're solely talking about side effects (making people tired) that jester is supposed to take advantage of.

Unless you have a medical problem and have consulted a doctor, do not take any pills! The potential risks far outweigh any diaper-related fun you could possibly have!

By all means, use natural ways to increase pee production or to get sleepy - tea, juice, milk with honey. People have been eating that stuff for millennia, so it's relatively safe. But please - do you want to explain to your doctor why your body is totally messed up from a cocktail of different pills just because you wanted to experience bed wetting once? :confused:

Peachy

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Peachy, no, i guess your right, i did try some pills last night and i drank a lot and i left my window open and all failed. i am mad at my potty training ;p. i guess i was never cut out to wet the bed. however, i do figure i will probably injure myself forcing me to wear diapers or wet the bed sometime in my life so i guess i will just wait.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Erm, self-injury like that is probably worse than abusing medication. I mean, the idea of wetting the bed (when you wanted) sounds fun, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

D

daria7483

Well, that's a cheery thought...you might be incontinent, but you'll also be in a coma.

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
well i so far i have smashed my finger, broken my hand, landed my butt, slid 10' on asphalt, and screwed up my wrist. luckily the skatepark is under construction so i havent gone in a while... or have they finished that project, Daria7483?

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
not self injury, i mean like a bike accident cause i BMX
You still should be careful with your bike. I've smashed my bike into a concrete fence post, turning the front wheel into a figure 8, when I was like 10, trying to race a friend down a hill. I don't think to think of injuries you can get when doing more complicated bike stuff.

Besides, your future wife may not be too happy to find out that you left part of your male equipment on the handle bars of your BMX bike. I don't think bed wetting is worth the risk of being left incontinent, impotent, or any other adjective starting with "in" (except intelligent)

Peachy

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You can't control what you hurt when you get into an accident...You may be trying to do something to your bladder...But you end up snapping your neck, or maybe going into a coma...It would be best not to try it

Role
Incontinent
If he breaks his neck, he technically would get what he wants, which is to be incontinent. Though, he also wouldn't be able to walk, or if he was really unkucky, might not be able to use his arms or breath on his own. Research spinal cord injuries(or ask me) before you start wishing you had one.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If he breaks his neck, he technically would get what he wants, which is to be incontinent. Though, he also wouldn't be able to walk, or if he was really unkucky, might not be able to use his arms or breath on his own. Research spinal cord injuries(or ask me) before you start wishing you had one.

Or he could die

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Back to bed wetting. You're probably just too uptight about it. I drink cranberry juice mixed with water, and often end the evening with another glass of water. Often, like others suggested, I just pee freely (isn't that a Bart Simpson name when he calls to Moe's bar?) during the day, so I've set the tone for my bladder. I'll go to bed wet and go to sleep. If I'm lucky, I'll half wake up, and then I divert my concentration to total relaxation down below. It's like this wave starts at the belt line, and just goes south, and with a little luck, so does the pee (sorry to get graphic). Since you're living at home with family, that may be inhibiting your psychie. It's the idea in the back of your mind that the rents are still in the house and they could find out, and I'm assuming that they don't know. Anyway, lots of things inhibit us, and you just have to relax your way around them. Don't give up, and don't get up tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.