Bed wetting?

podmuse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Ok so this is new for me. I have OAB and IBS that causes me issues that sometimes makes me wear diapers. For the last year I’ve been wearing a pad in my underwear because my OAB makes me drop and dribble during the day time. At night sometimes I do the same thing but majority of the time my bladder holds it all just fine until I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I do use diapers at night however because a lot of the times my IBS kicks in while I’m asleep and I occasionally wake up messy or don’t make it to the toilet in time. Over the last week however I notice I’ve actually wet the bed a few times. It happened last night before I woke up randomly and I felt wet I looked down and the diaper is soaked! Should I be concerned as I’ve honestly have not wet the bed since I was like 7.

Reactions: MrDiaperHead
Unfortunately it looks like your IC issues is progressing as mine did, I to started with post pee (bathroom) dribbles and small surges it dis not take long for it to progress to full bladder releases. I have beed diapered 24/7 coming up to 4.5 years and my bladder and unfortunately bowel issues continue to grow worse my urologist was not surprised that I now have occasional bowel accidents.

Talk to your urologist and let him or her know your issue is getting worse but be prepared for the possibility that you will need to wear diapers 24/7 for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: MrDiaperHead
I have to agree with Rob110 here time to go see youre urologist and check things up. and sadly yes try to prepare youre self for the possibility of having to go 24 /7

Sounds like the road I began going down 25 years ago. I’ve had all the tests and tried many different medications. Either fortunately or unfortunately, the side effects of the meds were worse than the wetting so I chose diapers. Now I sleep through the night and never worry about visibly wetting my pants. With that said, I still see my family doctor for my annual physical. Occasionally he will mention a new medication or procedure, but I continue to choose the active med-free lifestyle that wearing diapers 24/7 allows me.

Reactions: chamberpot
It's unfortunate that incontinence problems seldom ever get better with time. In fact, most times they will slowly get worse over time, unless there is some sort of intervention. I would definitely recommend you talk to a urologist about treatment options and/or medications. Meds seldom work as good as we wish, and often do have annoying side effects, but it is possible one could work for your situation. Don't rule it out till you've at least tried it, just don't get your hopes up too high in case it doesnt help.

Reactions: Deleted member 44276
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I made a appointment with my doc to see what’s up. I’ll keep posted if I find out anything.

Reactions: Deleted member 44276
I hope your docs help. My bedwetting came back in my teens the first time and I didn't say anything. It buzzed off for a while until a couple of years ago. I thought about saying nothing again, but I decided to speak up...

And I was pretty much ignored. I saw my doctor scribble something down, but nothing was done. I just continued to wear at night for protection.

Hope you have a better experience than I did =/

Rob110 said:
Unfortunately it looks like your IC issues is progressing as mine did, I to started with post pee (bathroom) dribbles and small surges it dis not take long for it to progress to full bladder releases. I have beed diapered 24/7 coming up to 4.5 years and my bladder and unfortunately bowel issues continue to grow worse my urologist was not surprised that I now have occasional bowel accidents.

Talk to your urologist and let him or her know your issue is getting worse but be prepared for the possibility that you will need to wear diapers 24/7 for the foreseeable future.

Rob, how long did it take to progress? I’m in the same boat, literally same shit as the original post, and it’s only getting worse

I wore realfit for men for aprox. 2 to 3 months before switching to higher capacity pullups for about a week or so as the leaked to often so I made the change to Abena M2 taped diapers then slowly upped the protection levels. I can not remember exactly when I simply gave up trying to make it to the bathroom and simply let nature take its course as my bladder issue grew worse. the first bowel accident was around 2 years ago buts its only been in the last year my bowel unexpected movments started to slowly increase to the point I am at now where its multiple times a week and I am starting to just making it to the bathroom most times so unfortunately it probably wont be long until its a daily issue to deal with.

I also share the same story thankfully with out the bowel issue but dribbling slowly progressed to more then a small dribble and with making up to six trips to the bathroom I opted for diapers a few years ago

I started bed wetting a few years ago, and wore pads, commercially available incontinence underwear, and diapers. I found that while wearing these I still had bedwetting accidents that were happening more and more frequently. I then tried disposable diapers (Rearz Princess) but couldn't get the tapes right and they do not reposition well at all. I then decided to go to cloth diapers, the diapers I wore as a child. I got prefold diapers, and struggled to get them right. I then tried contour diapers, they are perfect for me. I wear diapers 24/7 and feel comfortable and secure when wearing them. I have urge incontinence and wet frequently throughout the day and night. The combination of a good quality diaper and a booster/insert keeps me from wetting the bed at night. I don't use an insert/booster during the day. Every morning I wake up and change into a clean dry diaper, I feel great!

Reactions: ChocChip
I was never completely nighttime dry; until my teens I averaged an accident a week at night. I hid it by sleeping on the towel that I had used for the night's shower every week so there was a reason for the bed to be a little damp. By the time I turned 29, I was wetting the bed like three times a week (and occasionally the day during daytime naps) and in intense denial. It was when I was watching TV one day and the floodgates with no signal just burst that I decided it was time to do something.

My problem is two-fold: a) fibromyalgia fricasseed the already weak (preemie problem) signal that says "Hey, you need to pee, wake up" and b) for some weird reason, when I'm reclining, I can't feel my bladder until it's basically too late to get up and run for the toilet. These things together make for a wet bed many times a month. Some mornings I wake up dry, but that weird thing my bladder does reclining means that any given movement is going to juice me like an orange.

I haven't quite completely made peace with it. I still feel like I have somehow failed when I wake up wet—especially when I wake up in the middle of the accident and can't stop it.

Back