BED WETTING SIMULATOR updates

Does this project need a logo? I'd love a pixel art diaper or something like that.

• Total voters
LainIsLain said:
Just realized that if an initial delay is added it will shift the first interval but not effect the others. I need to change it so the initial delay shifts all the intervals. I'll do that tomorrow.
Is the first event always started right after the end of the Delay time?
E.g. Delay: 1m , first Wetting starts at 61 sec
E.g. Delay: 2m , first Wetting starts at 121 sec

E.g. Delay: 1m , first Wetting starts at 61 sec
(also with the Sleep Time: 2h, Delay: 1m, Wet Interval: 6)
Output Serial Monitor -> it does not show that 1ste activation on 61 sec......
22:58:36.619 -> 1170 , 1
22:58:36.672 -> 2370 , 2
22:58:36.672 -> 3570 , 3
22:58:36.672 -> 4770 , 4
22:58:36.672 -> 5970 , 5
22:58:36.672 -> 7170 , 6

Or is that what you mean by the change you need to do?

Reactions: LainIsLain
Ah ok I need to change that to. Right now it's starting after the first interval ends when it should start at the beginning of the first interval.

It was a long day yesterday I'll change that.

Like I said the initial delay only delays the first interval. If a delay is used it must shift all the interval times out by the initial delay to be consistent.

Ok I think I know what I need to change and once again I'll tackle that when I get off work.

Slowly but surely I'll figure this out. When I introduced the random feature I changed how the intervals were calculated. It went from calculating intervals as they occur, to calculating all of them and storing in an array. This was needed for the random ones otherwise the randomly generated ones would be very inconsistent. Like the first random event landing 5 mins before the sleep time ends and not giving any room for the remaining intervals. It needed to generate random events and store them for playback.

When doing this I didn't test beyond first few intervals and didn't check the output times. My bad. 😅 Still excited to keep this ball rolling.

Reactions: WillFord384
Ok I think I cracked it!! BedWetter v0.2.53

The device will now generate both random and evenly divided intervals starting at 0 seconds. If there is an initial delay the first start time is equal to that delay and the evenly divided times are all shifted out by that delay time to keep things consistent. The initial delay for the random times only effects the first interval. This can all be verified by changing the settings and watching the serial monitor for the generated times.

I also changed the behavior of the "pause" button. The select button does indeed pause the running time however if the pause happened while the pump/solenoid was running it would stay running until the next interval. This is not good so I fixed that part. The pause button will pause both the running time and the current output function.

I tested this out to the 10th interval of 15 and everything seems to be working!

Now that I have some time I will actually try this out maybe tomorrow night. Or possibly during a mid day nap! I very curious about the sensation.

Ok.. If that all works now I can start working on the more interesting stuff. PLEASE post again if it's not working!

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384 and johnzld
Started working on the profile part. This will take some time to integrate.

Similar to what @WillFord384 posted I'm starting off with four different wetting scenarios and these will be the user adjustable variables.

Flood %:
Flood Duration:
Spurts %:
Spurts Duration:
Damp %:
Damp Duration:
Dry %:

These four profiles will represent a distribution and will be restricted to 100%. The percentage of the total is the likely hood that it will be a chosen nights activity as a whole. So 25% chance across all will be a 1:4 chance that anyone will be chosen. If the user wants a greater chance of a Flood event will happen they simply increase the distribution higher for Flood. The input for each will be restricted to the remainder of the total 100%. I've started integrating the menus and variables for this.

The "Duration" variables for each will be obviously be the ON time for the solenoid/pump. This is the part that might need brainstorming!

What is a "Flood". This part will be an exploration into how desirable this profile system is. In the first iteration of the code/device I will attempt to make this work without any sensor feedback. This will require some work on the user to make the most out of it. The user will need to decide what a "Flood" event is. This could be 30 seconds or 4 minutes of duration depending on the flow rate of the apparatus.

The idea is for the user to enter an appropriate duration that satisfices the description of the words "Flood", "Damp", "Spurts", and "Dry". Dry being the only one without a duration. Inside these events will be some kind of algorithm that will distribute and randomize the events. Similar to @WillFord384's data the Flood for instance should be a massive liquid transfer between 1-3 times in one night! The Spurts events should be rapid but short lived and the Damp should leave you "damp".

Once these behaviors are crafted the program can provide a sprinkle of randomness to make things unpredictable as far as times and quantities depending on which profile is chosen respective of their percentages.

This will take some time to figure out but I think it will be worth it!

LainIsLain said:

... If there is an initial delay the first start time is equal to that delay....
..The initial delay for the random times only effects the first interval.

Hi, just to verify:
E.g.
So when Random is "PURE" and i set a delay of 1h, the first " wetting" will always start at exact 60min?
..also when i'm in Random Mode?

If so, then the Random is predictable for the first event, sounds not that logical.
(logical for Random Mode would be: Total Sleeping Time - Initial Dly = Value X
Take Value X and let that number be the input time for the calculation of Intervals.)

Sorry for the whining ;-)

For me, now the Standard setup is going to test and i have my focus on.
After that i will get on to the more advanced like Random Mode

LainIsLain said:

The device will now generate both random and evenly divided intervals starting at 0 seconds. If there is an initial delay the first start time is equal to that delay and the evenly divided times are all shifted out by that delay time to keep things consistent. The initial delay for the random times only effects the first interval. This can all be verified by changing the settings and watching the serial monitor for the generated times.

I also changed the behavior of the "pause" button. The select button does indeed pause the running time however if the pause happened while the pump/solenoid was running it would stay running until the next interval. This is not good so I fixed that part. The pause button will pause both the running time and the current output function.

I tested this out to the 10th interval of 15 and everything seems to be working!

Now that I have some time I will actually try this out maybe tomorrow night. Or possibly during a mid day nap! I very curious about the sensation.

Ok.. If that all works now I can start working on the more interesting stuff. PLEASE post again if it's not working!

Yes, first Test-runs are very good!!!
(testing Normal Mode)
...will update soon...

Test Setup in progress.....

Arduino Board with LCD Mounted
Relay Board
Solenoid in " water-line"

Measurement testing flow:
Interval Dus/s: 60
Duty Cycle %: 25
Duty Pulse: 5
-> Output in below setup with (closed top) Enema Bag en long hose: about 40ml during 1 Interval

Last edited:
Reactions: LainIsLain and WillFord384
To fit the aquarium tubing inside the Diaper will be the next thing i will think about....have some ideas....here is a picture, will
not mention what it is...because i think these words will bann me or are not permitted ;-)
Most of you know what these are i think, can be used to get the hose in position on the place normal the output will come out

Rings.JPG

johnzld said:
To fit the aquarium tubing inside the Diaper will be the next thing i will think about....have some ideas....here is a picture, will
not mention what it is...because i think these words will bann me or are not permitted ;-)
Most of you know what these are i think, can be used to get the hose in position on the place normal the output will come out

View attachment 55377

For my gravity-based non-automated experiment I attached the tube like this:

Brief for Attachment.png

I sometimes wear these briefs to keep my lil' guy pointed down at night for efficient use of disposables, so they're intentionally small and tight-fitting anyway. I secured the tube (red) outside the brief with a twist-tie (black) and then put on a diaper. The tube didn't move all night, nor did it feel weird. Granted I sleep on my back and I don't think I move around much. Also in my case the end of the tube is an enema nozzle so it's designed to be narrow and rounded. A more blunt-ended tube might cause irritation.

Another possibility is a catheter stabilization device:

3750.jpg

I just got a couple of these and I haven't tried them yet, but theoretically they can stay on for 5-7 days. I think it would have to be outside of the diaper area because you wouldn't want to soak it, so maybe on the belly just above the diaper if the tube is stiff enough to go the rest of the way on its own. At least the catheter clip would do the main work of making sure the tube got to within a few inches of the target and didn't end up draining onto the floor all night. The end of the tube would need only minor guidance like being placed inside a pair of tight briefs.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnzld
WillFord384 said:
For my gravity-based non-automated experiment I attached the tube like this:

View attachment 55380

I sometimes wear these briefs to keep my lil' guy pointed down at night for efficient use of disposables, so they're intentionally small and tight-fitting anyway. I secured the tube (red) outside the brief with a twist-tie (black) and then put on a diaper. The tube didn't move all night, nor did it feel weird. Granted I sleep on my back and I don't think I move around much. Also in my case the end of the tube is an enema nozzle so it's designed to be narrow and rounded. A more blunt-ended tube might cause irritation.

Another possibility is a catheter stabilization device:

3750.jpg

I just got a couple of these and I haven't tried them yet, but theoretically they can stay on for 5-7 days. I think it would have to be outside of the diaper area because you wouldn't want to soak it, so maybe on the belly just above the diaper if the tube is stiff enough to go the rest of the way on its own. At least the catheter clip would do the main work of making sure the tube got to within a few inches of the target and didn't end up draining onto the floor all night. The end of the tube would need only minor guidance like being placed inside a pair of tight briefs.
Hi, thanks for the recommend and tip on the briefs.
Good option to take in consideration while testing multiple options.
(have to re-read all the postings in these threads because i remember also writings about best way to lead the hose and so on)
About the briefs, when you used...the tube is on the outside of the brief, and touching the diaper when using.
Does the brief not soak also? And if so, you would feel like have done pee in the pants? Just asking wondering if it feels different then when wearing just the disposable diaper.

Those catheter stabilization device are a good find!!
Will see if i can get some maybe, just like to try out. Would be ideal to guide and hold the tube.

Last edited:
johnzld said:
Hi, thanks for the recommend and tip on the briefs.
Good option to take in consideration while testing multiple options.
(have to re-read all the postings in these threads because i remember also writings about best way to lead the hose and so on)
About the briefs, when you used...the tube is on the outside of the brief, and touching the diaper when using.
Does the brief not soak also? And if so, you would feel like have done pee in the pants? Just asking wondering if it feels different then when wearing just the disposable diaper.

Those catheter stabilization device are a good find!!
Will see if i can get some maybe, just like to try out. Would be ideal to guide and hold the tube.

Yes, the brief gets soaked, but that's inevitable in what I bought them for. Pointing down reliably in bed gives me a lot more options for what to wear at night. I'll also use them during the day sometimes if I want to wear a disposable pullup and I want to stay squarely in the padding. I like setting up a diaper and leaving it alone for hours rather than adjusting myself or thinking about whether it's going to leak.

I suppose it feels different but I wouldn't know how to describe it.

I'll try the catheter device some time over the next couple of days and let you know how it works, though I'm using 3/8" enema tubing so my results might not apply to your setup.

As for my purely mechanical experiments, I tried gluing one of the enema tips closed, giving it 24 hours to cure, and then drilling a 1/16" hole. This looked promising as it was draining at about 145 ml/hour. But I tried it the next day once I had my IV stand and thus could leave it set up for a while, and I was getting about 75 ml/hour. So I thought 3 times that would be just about perfect, and I drilled two more 1/16" holes. Now the water was shooting out at a rate of something in the neighborhood of 2,000 ml/hour.

Maybe it was something like a hole slightly higher up letting air rush in so that the two lower holes could gush with abandon. Or maybe one or both of the new holes was on a softer or harder part of the tip so it wasn't really three identical holes even though it was the same drill bit.

In any case, three holes are not three times one hole. I have two more of the same enema tip so I can try a single 1/8" hole next time. If that doesn't work I guess I could spend ten minutes looking up basic plumbing principles, but obviously I'd rather avoid such an extreme measure :)

johnzld said:
Hi, just to verify:
E.g.
So when Random is "PURE" and i set a delay of 1h, the first " wetting" will always start at exact 60min?
..also when i'm in Random Mode?

If so, then the Random is predictable for the first event, sounds not that logical.
(logical for Random Mode would be: Total Sleeping Time - Initial Dly = Value X
Take Value X and let that number be the input time for the calculation of Intervals.)

Sorry for the whining ;-)

For me, now the Standard setup is going to test and i have my focus on.
After that i will get on to the more advanced like Random Mode
Ok I can change the "Pure" random to be truly random and disregard the initial delay. The random generator may pick something very low and start draining right away. I could also just add the initial delay to the first interval so if initial delay is 1 minute and the the first random interval is 3 seconds then the first interval would now be 63 seconds. This would still be a random about but wouldn't start until a minimum amount (initial delay) of time passed.

Which is better?

On random "Pure" full random intervals and ignore the initial delay? Even if the first interval picked is 1 second?
On random "Pure" add the initial delay to the first interval so a minimum time has passed before counting the first picked interval?

Either way is fine with me. If your wanting a more "random" feeling to the whole thing then the first option would be the way to go.

I'm going to do a test while napping this evening.

I will see if I can find a good way to attach the holes to the diaper. I was thinking about the business end. Since I'm pumping I don't need to worry about the the flow rate restriction at the end. But I would like something that has a little mass that will stay put and also allow for good flow that won't get blocked. I sketched this is Fusion 360. I wonder if something like this could be 3d printed using flexible filament? It would stay in place and all the water would flow to the center. I imagine it being about 1 inch across.

nozzle.jpg

Reactions: JOCKMAN, WillFord384 and johnzld
LainIsLain said:
Ok I can change the "Pure" random to be truly random and disregard the initial delay. The random generator may pick something very low and start draining right away. I could also just add the initial delay to the first interval so if initial delay is 1 minute and the the first random interval is 3 seconds then the first interval would now be 63 seconds. This would still be a random about but wouldn't start until a minimum amount (initial delay) of time passed.

Which is better?

On random "Pure" full random intervals and ignore the initial delay? Even if the first interval picked is 1 second?
On random "Pure" add the initial delay to the first interval so a minimum time has passed before counting the first picked interval?

Either way is fine with me. If your wanting a more "random" feeling to the whole thing then the first option would be the way to go.
Hi, the goal/reason of the Initial delay is to make sure the person is already sleeping before the first wetting will occur.
So the choice is simple with these goal:
On random "Pure" add the initial delay to the first interval so a minimum time has passed before counting the first picked interval.

This meet the goal 100% then. And so i can be sure that i'm asleep when the Random intervals start, also it will not always start right away(1second) after the initial delay so not predictable would someone still be awake after the initial delay and be looking at the timer seeing the initial delay ending.
:) ;-)

Reactions: LainIsLain and WillFord384
Got it. Will change. BedWETTER v0.2.54 up!

Initial delay added to first random interval.

Going down for a nap. Heating water as we speak! My pump running at 7v is pumping about 500ml/min through 3.175mm line. Going for a small 1 liter test.

4 intervals at 30/sec durations.

I'm probably going to just tape the line to the landing zone on the diaper and feed enough line inside to be safe.

LainIsLain said:
Going down for a nap. Heating water as we speak! My pump running at 7v is pumping about 500ml/min through 3.175mm line. Going for a small 1 liter test.

4 intervals at 30/sec durations.

I'm probably going to just tape the line to the landing zone on the diaper and feed enough line inside to be safe.

1621052396818.jpeg

• Wow
OK nap was cut short!! This may sound like I planned this but I assure you I didn't!

First off the sensation. It's exactly what I thought it would be but actually doing it was super fun! While it lasted...

So I have my water heated by a hot plate. This hot plate has an analog dial and is hard to set the temp. I got some waterproof temp senors and I have one running on my prototype. It's just to show temp and not control anything yet. The water was about 90F so I got into bed.

I had a 5 min delay so I waited. I'm using about 10ft of line so the water came on cold. It went something like this...

First wetting: Wooo cold... ahhh warm..

Second Wetting: Wooo kinda cool... ahhh warmer..

Thrid wetting: Wooo kinda cool..... WHOA.... HOT!! The hot plate overshot and was above 110F!!! I was out of bed real fast!! I unhooked the line and went to get a cup of cold water and poured it into the tank.

20210514_214213.jpg

Nap over!! With the water just the right temp I just played around. I decided to fill my diaper! I got a pad out and started filling. I'm not one for maxing out a diaper or anything like that but OMG I was giggling so hard!! My diaper was about 10lbs when I was done.

BTW I decided to poke a hole near the top and feed the line "into" the diaper in an effort to keep it in place. It worked for the most part. It really needs some kind of mass or nozzle at the end to weigh it down and keep it from moving around.

20210514_220715.jpg

Ok I can really see where your coming from about the randomness. I had evenly spaced intervals and I was waiting for the next one to happen. I wasn't napping at all!! If there was a bit of randomness I think I would try a little harder to ignore it.

That's enough fun for one day!!

Reactions: johnzld and WillFord384
LainIsLain said:
OK nap was cut short!! This may sound like I planned this but I assure you I didn't!

First off the sensation. It's exactly what I thought it would be but actually doing it was super fun! While it lasted...

So I have my water heated by a hot plate. This hot plate has an analog dial and is hard to set the temp. I got some waterproof temp senors and I have one running on my prototype. It's just to show temp and not control anything yet. The water was about 90F so I got into bed.

I had a 5 min delay so I waited. I'm using about 10ft of line so the water came on cold. It went something like this...

First wetting: Wooo cold... ahhh warm..

Second Wetting: Wooo kinda cool... ahhh warmer..

Thrid wetting: Wooo kinda cool..... WHOA.... HOT!! The hot plate overshot and was above 110F!!! I was out of bed real fast!! I unhooked the line and went to get a cup of cold water and poured it into the tank.

View attachment 55442

Nap over!! With the water just the right temp I just played around. I decided to fill my diaper! I got a pad out and started filling. I'm not one for maxing out a diaper or anything like that but OMG I was giggling so hard!! My diaper was about 10lbs when I was done.

BTW I decided to poke a hole near the top and feed the line "into" the diaper in an effort to keep it in place. It worked for the most part. It really needs some kind of mass or nozzle at the end to weigh it down and keep it from moving around.

View attachment 55443

Ok I can really see where your coming from about the randomness. I had evenly spaced intervals and I was waiting for the next one to happen. I wasn't napping at all!! If there was a bit of randomness I think I would try a little harder to ignore it.

That's enough fun for one day!!
OMG what a test run ;-)
That confirms why i'm a little " scared" to use heating devices....
But we will find a great sollution, and the end-result and product will be awesome!!

I'm looking at these now....
(Hot Water Bottle, Enema and Douche Kit)

Last edited:
Back