Not open for further replies.

Shyanne

Baby Foxtaur
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
So I recently got some bed rails for my bed, since I can't really afford anything like a crib yet and don't like with a mommy or daddy..this is all I can do until then. It's silly but I do feel more secure and safe with them up. But I have noticed something..ever since I got them (about a week) my neck has been a lil sore/stiff. I always sleep the same way, on my sides, and the rails don't really interfere with that..I wonder why my neck is still sore..hopefully I'll get used to it/it will go away. I do really like the rails tho. *blushes* Makes me feel really tiny! hehe

Attachments

• P1010682.jpg
    P1010682.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 232
I have no idea why your neck is sore. maybe just a coincidence. I don't think you are 'silly' for feeling more secure with the bed rails up. Good luck.

I've always wanted a bed with a curtain of some kind, but I've never thought about bed rails before. Maybe I'd like those too.

My guess is that the rails being there might be causing you, unconsciously, to shift your arms or neck while you're sleeping so that you don't hit them, which might be causing the stiff neck.

Also, can't help but notice you're in some need of a change in that picture. :smile1:

*nods and blushes* ya you may be right about that..and the change thing too..

I have a guard rail on my bed which is next to the wall on the other side, actually, that's one of the strange thing, I can't sleep without it, even if I never fall of my bed, I feel more secure knowing its there and sleep a lot better with it.

I actually thought about moving one end of the bed against the wall..i guess i don't need to since its on both sides and all..

I do something similar with pillows

Just to argue with myself, lol, it could just be bad timing. Maybe there was a draft or you just slept in a bad position. The only way to tell for sure is to test it, let yourself recover. If it doesn't go away or it gets better but happens again and the guard rails are the only thing you changed, then you can be more sure that it's them.

I think it's just coincidence. I've got bed rails too. I totally understand having them to feel more secure, though I personally bought mine because I can tie cot toys or a mobile to it, giving me the kind of 'crib feel' at a fraction of the cost of buying an actual AB-sized crib.

That awsome crib in my pictures is really just a daybed that I flipped around so the back prevents me from falling off.

Sanch said:
I think it's just coincidence. I've got bed rails too. I totally understand having them to feel more secure, though I personally bought mine because I can tie cot toys or a mobile to it, giving me the kind of 'crib feel' at a fraction of the cost of buying an actual AB-sized crib.

oo good idea! what other cot toys are there besides a mobile?

- - - Updated - - -

ArchieRoni said:
Just to argue with myself, lol, it could just be bad timing. Maybe there was a draft or you just slept in a bad position. The only way to tell for sure is to test it, let yourself recover. If it doesn't go away or it gets better but happens again and the guard rails are the only thing you changed, then you can be more sure that it's them.

Of course, when I woke up today, it was almost not stiff at all, barely noticeable..maybe I just need to get used to it..

Shyanne said:
So I recently got some bed rails for my bed, since I can't really afford anything like a crib yet and don't like with a mommy or daddy..this is all I can do until then. It's silly but I do feel more secure and safe with them up. But I have noticed something..ever since I got them (about a week) my neck has been a lil sore/stiff. I always sleep the same way, on my sides, and the rails don't really interfere with that..I wonder why my neck is still sore..hopefully I'll get used to it/it will go away. I do really like the rails tho. *blushes* Makes me feel really tiny! hehe

Since I have Cerebral Palsy, a lifelong disability, I have to have safety rails on my bed.

Shyanne said:
oo good idea! what other cot toys are there besides a mobile?

There's spiral toys, which you can wrap around the rails. They're soft, often have a cute animal character face, and sometimes things like mirrors or something squeaky hanging down!

You can also get clip-on books with lots of bright pictures, or alternatively there are similar cloth books which can be tied around the rials.

Then there's ceiling/wall projectors which you can attach to the rails. A lot of these show things like stars or teddybears moving across the ceiling, and can be very theraputic and relaxing at bedtime! :)

Sanch said:
There's spiral toys, which you can wrap around the rails. They're soft, often have a cute animal character face, and sometimes things like mirrors or something squeaky hanging down!

You can also get clip-on books with lots of bright pictures, or alternatively there are similar cloth books which can be tied around the rials.

Then there's ceiling/wall projectors which you can attach to the rails. A lot of these show things like stars or teddybears moving across the ceiling, and can be very theraputic and relaxing at bedtime! :)

daww those sound really cute! I'll def have to look into some of those! :3

Well my neck feels better..I must have either gotten used to it or found a better position in my sleep. Now remains one more inconvenience, is the blankets get snagged at the end of one of the rails, so it's a bit hard pull the covers up and such. But its not a super big deal either, just a slight grievance. Now I can sleep with my plushies without them falling off the bed! ^^' Though getting up to go potty is a bit harder now..may need to start wearing to bed more..*blushes*

Attachments

• IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 45
These are my Bed Rails that I absolutely have to have as an older adult with Cerebral Palsy to prevent falls out of my bed during sleep.
0226152300.jpg

caitianx said:
These are my Bed Rails that I absolutely have to have as an older adult with Cerebral Palsy to prevent falls out of my bed during sleep.
View attachment 23385

very nice! ur bed rails don't look like they get in the way of your bedsheets like mine do..Are yours plastic or metal?

All the adorable beds in this thread is making me so wish I could do something similar, but unfortunately with the house the way it is I sleep on a couch. :(

gigglemuffinz said:
All the adorable beds in this thread is making me so wish I could do something similar, but unfortunately with the house the way it is I sleep on a couch. :(

That seems terribly unfit for a little princess. You'll just have to redecorate. :smile1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back