• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I hate beans. I hate them so much. Die beans die.

But I have to eat Beans, because I need the protein (OATZ, SQUATZ, etc). Anyone have any way to make Great Northern Beans not taste like nutty puke? Tonight I made a bowl, and put some shredded cheese, pepper, salt, and Mrs. Dash in it, and it was almost palatable. HALP

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Beans, beans, good for the heart.
The more you eat, the more you fart.

Why not try putting them into a chili or something. You can eat that by itself, put it on a hot dog, eat it with rice, etc.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed rosemary, thyme, olive oil. If desired add Tabasco or my personal favorite Mongolian fire oil. Or if you want to go really powerful mix them with good blue cheese. That knock just about any flavor right out of them.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed rosemary, thyme, olive oil. If desired add Tabasco or my personal favorite Mongolian fire oil. Or if you want to go really powerful mix them with good blue cheese. That knock just about any flavor right out of them.
Now that sounds really good. Perhaps I'll pick up some olive oil and do that next time. Thanks.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
Now that sounds really good. Perhaps I'll pick up some olive oil and do that next time. Thanks.
Your welcome. I don't have many "practical" skills but cooking is one of them. *self inflates ego*

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Now see...I'd much rather have a bowl of pinto beans with some cornbread over a steak anytime. Some beans I have to stay away from for the stomach discomfort (cramping) they cause me, but others like pinto and kidney beans don't seem to bother me much at all.

~Pramrider

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Maybe its because I was born and raised in the south, but I don't consider beans to be good eatin unless you start with some bacon or ham in the pot. Mmmm...now you've got me wanting some black eyed peas.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
How about Bush's Grilling Beans. I get the maple and I think, bacon ones. They're quite good.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
beans have protein?

If you want protein I would just suggest eating nuts or tuna.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
beans have protein?

If you want protein I would just suggest eating nuts or tuna.
Beans are a hueg source of cheap protein. By cost, they are one of the best sources. I have 2 months worth of beans in the freezer for about a buck and a half. You can't beat that.

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
My friend, I think I have what you need. Black beans, rice, ground beef (or ground turkey), some tomato paste, and some tomato sauce. Add to that anything else--I like to add some garlic, tabasco sauce, or perhaps some Parmesan. It can be cheap for several meals, keeps for a while, and imparts the strength needed to fight bad guys.

The beans and rice make up most of the volume, thus increasing the cost effectiveness. Neither the texture nor the flavor are very beany--the beans are just there.

Good in any weather too.

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I hate beans more than any other food out there. I would probably eat grass before I ate beans.

S

secretdl26

Do you like baked beans? If so, I can dig up a really good recipe for root beer baked beans that makes them taste amazing!

You could also try making refried beans (with olive oil, not lard) by boiling the beans, letting them cool, then reheating them in a frying pan with onions, garlic, some cumin, some paprika, salt and pepper until they get hot, then smash them in the pan. Much better for you than canned refried beans.

amon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
i don't like beans either. Taste...anything but good >_<

itsme

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Beans are my favorite food out there. Except baked beans, those sweet monstrosities can die in a fire. I love refried, black, kidney, all beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.