Be honest...do you still own Yu-Gi-Oh cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just remembered this picture.

Getting into my deck type, it's a light+dark beatdown deck, but it's versatile. My favorite cards in it being the Wicked Gods :D

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Man i still have Magic the gathering cards!

both magic and yu-gi-oh are VERY popular card games among people that like card games.. thats why you can see people put hundreds of dollars into their decks.. I bought a single card for 5 dollars before and some other people buy cards for 30 dollars.

In Magic a person can spend a LOT on a single card... a card that is no more then paper and ink.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Yeah, my elf deck is pretty sweet; what with my Ambush Commander turning all forests into elves and four Wellwishers out to heal me for +1 life for each elf on the field combined with four Seeker of Skybreaks to untap each Wellwisher in order to double that life.

Oh, we're talking about Yu-gi-oh? Oops, I'll just sit in the corner with my silly Magic cards.

babysage

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I still have my deck (Exodia), and my Holo collection. I have/had 1000+ cards easy. I'd go to the local card shop and swap a few Holos for 100s of worthless commons. Unfortunately said card shop went out of business, and now no one around to play with. Though about selling them, but the sentimental value is there. Teach my own kids to play it? Perhaps.

I can't remember the last time I actually bought a pack of cards though, pre-5D for sure though. Shonen Jump had Obelisk The Tormentor Card recently, and I bought issue. I told myself it was soley for the manga. =P

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I have a binder filled with Pokemon (Most are actually imports from Japanese), Yu-Gi-Oh, Hockey and some other cards.

B

Butterfly Mage

I used to have two full boxes of "Magic the Gathering" cards, but my sister's first husband (a professional drug dealer) decided one day that he "Found Jesus" and threw them all out. His "Finding Jesus" phase lasted only about three years before he went back to being a dope dealer. I guess being a salesman for a water purification company didn't pay as well as selling marijuana by the kilogram.

J

June

Nah. I got sick of them laying around my room when I didn't even use them anymore. So I gave them away.

Dynomite810

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, I just found my Pokemon cards, but now I'm certain that my old Yu-Gi-Oh deck (which, IIRC, basically boiled down to get strong monster and equip it with every single thing imaginable until I feel it's invincible) is gone. I'm kind of glad that my Pokemon cards are here, even though I have no one to play against. The memories of beating people down with my fire based deck are nice enough to revisit that I don't really need to play it again.

I've played Magic: The Gathering exactly once, and that was a long time ago before my cousin graduated high school and joined the Navy. No idea how to play it anymore, since he just basically told me what to do all the time, but I remember it was fun.

pastrami

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My deck was pretty powerful for a while, but it was WAY too expensive to maintain it, and it was too hard to find people who would duel you. I remember the show and I think I watched the first two seasons, then CN stopped airing the third halfway through.

If you've seen the show and want to see one of the funniest things you have ever seen in your life, check this site out YuGiOh - The Abridged Series

KylieWilie

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I still have a lot of my cards from different series. I have at least 600 Pokemon cards and about the same amount in Yu-Gi-Oh. I don't play with them anymore and they mostly just sit in the cabinet collecting dust. I also have a few digimon cards lying around somewhere, though I lost quite a few when I moved about 5 years ago.

Geostigma123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I still build custom decks after 8 years or so of playing. I've got some fairly rare cards and now I still use those for show while I have two decks built for playing. Dragon (My deck) VS. Warrior (Guest Deck) Mine is built around 5 headed dragon while the Warrior is built around Black Luster Soldier. I also have a ton of cards from the Zatch Bell TCG (You know, the one that nobody else bought lol)

HaouKitsune

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I still have my cards because, while I hate the idea of how much I actually spent on them, I can't bear to part with them. While my collection is nowhere near as good as those belonging to people who never stopped playing, I still have a few cards that I really treasure.

To this day I'm still the only person in the city with an original copy of Metalmorph, the last offer I got for it was $120. Whooo

I still keep up with the game, though, and have a few friends who I play online using that YVD program. It's a fun thing to do when there's nothing else.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
To this day I'm still the only person in the city with an original copy of Metalmorph, the last offer I got for it was $120. Whooo

When harry potter book 6 came out.. me and my friend went to the mall/barnes and nobel and I had 60 dollars on me for 3 copies of the book. So we were there most of the afternoon and all night till we got the books. We go into the card shop and in the glass case of individual cards there is a original metalmorph for.. 40 dollars. Me and my friend were freaking out over it and it took a bit of effort from me to pass up the option of buying that card.

I am glad I didn't since I always had a blast hanging out in Barnes and noble despite not caring that deeply for harry potter. Plus me and my friend always got our copies like 5 mins into the sales.

Sammybear

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Um... yes, yes I do.

I never play anymore, but I used to be fairly good at it. My old deck was comprised of mainly Normal monsters, and the card 'Lycanthrope', which gained 200 attack for every Normal Monster in my graveyard.
That and powerful Tribute monsters like 'Neo Aqua Madoor' and so on.
'Advanced Ritual Art' was a great addition, it got me so many games won. :p

...And to think. I still remember all of that, and I haven't played in 3 years...

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I never did. In like 3rd grade they were the shiz and all my friends had them. But I still never got any.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Never played any of the nerd card games, I played warhammer instead, more manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.