Be cautious when ordering ABU Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbear12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have had an issue with the last two batches of ABU simple I have bought. With the pictures below you can clearly see the mat (padding) does not extend into the front of the diaper like in the original batch. I contacted ABU and the agreed it was an issue and replaced them quickly the replacements have the same issue. I will say ABU was great to deal with customer service is top notch. These were ABU Simple XL, I don't know if the issue goes to other sizes or not. And I did not have the issue with Lil Paws or Space. I've advised them they still seem the have a quality issue with the current batch and hope they can clear it up with the manufacturer. If your a back sleeper you may not have an issues with these as they are but if your a side sleeper you really need that padding to extend into the front of the diaper as it will leak out the side very easily.

Again Great company, just bad batch of product.

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 1st Bad Batch.jpg
    1st Bad Batch.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 2 Bad Batch.jpg
    2 Bad Batch.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 366
Damn, remember this happening with Tena Slip Maxi batches.

Fingers crossed this gets resolved.

Yes fingers crossed, I get my case of simple mediums Monday, they are currently on there cross country tour

My cases of medium have been fine. They may have had just am issue with that particular size.

I had some mediums delivered to me last week and they were fine for me

They've always had a thinner part over the entire area and a "booster" layer in the crotch, but that's a surprise to see it not extending up the end as far as it should. Lot of diapers do that on their higher capacity models.

Yea, they told me they are sending the info to the manufacturer to get this resolved. Happy to hear it.

Howdy,
We're actively working on fixing this for future batches. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and working with us on it, these pictures REALLY helped us see what was wrong.

-Casey.
ABU

klo555 said:
Howdy,
We're actively working on fixing this for future batches. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and working with us on it, these pictures REALLY helped us see what was wrong.

-Casey.
ABU

So just the XL?

In your pictures it seems like the SAP also isn't as concentrated (looks yellowish in the picture) in the upper part of the material (where it's just colorless).

Yea there is a lack of material up front. I'm fairly certain the construction should be two mats and the second just does not go as far up as it normally does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back