Be Cautious Of Your Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i know this was mentioned before by Ayanna and others in flashchat, but keep in mind the ingredients in your baby powder. most generics contain talc powder which is known to cause cancer and pulmonary issues. i just threw out my bottle of walgreen's generic baby powder because it contained talc. so just a warning keep in mind what you put on your body and make sure it's safe.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
bah! I use talc... I it's harmless, dunno how the hell they reckon it causes cancer. Maybe repiratory problems if you're stupid enough to inhale it

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh I use baby powder every day after my bath, as does my little sister and my mom. I've never had any problems come from it.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
bah! I use talc... I it's harmless, dunno how the hell they reckon it causes cancer. Maybe repiratory problems if you're stupid enough to inhale it
you sound like my grandma, with the if i dont know it wont hurt me mentality. Lol

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Recent studies have shown that posting on internet forums may cause...
  • Cancer
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Spontaneous Unconscious Facial Detonation
  • Super AIDS

:educate:
Ohs Noes Were all DOOMED :eek:

*face Explodes!!*

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
They have found particles of talc embedded in tumors or cysts in lungs, and ovaries. Although there isn't any official warning on talc on if it can cause cancer or not, just be safe around it. Enjoy the smell, just don't go snort a line of it.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Remember, kids: Life is a fatal disease! We're all doomed to die!

I reckon that, before you get cancer from baby powder, you're more likely to get cancer from processed food, air pollution, smoking (if you do so), cell phone use, or various other sources.
So unless you throw out all technology and move into the middle of nowhere, you'll always be around something that has been shown to cause cancer in one situation or another. But then, if you live in the middle of nowehre, you're probably die from some kind of infection.
In other words: No need for panic!
Peachy

D

daria7483

In my unscientific head, I seem to recall hearing a long time ago that talc shouldn't be used on babies because it could cause problems if inhaled. Which means...if you're dumping out baby powder, putting your nose to it, and breathing in deeply, stop. I suspect you'll get the sneezes before you get cancer, though :)

It's probably one of those things where they had lab rats breathe in three times the amount of their weight in talc every day for a year. In other words, very little chance of you getting it just from everyday use. Just like how you'd have to drink about 200 cans of Diet Coke a day to get cancer from the artificial sweeteners.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Think about this: most of us were around baby powder when we were younger, and many of us still use it today. Yet, as far as I'm aware, the vast majority of us don't have cancer. So I really don't think it's something to worry about.

If everything that's been said to cause cancer really did, we'd all be dead. Most of these heath scares are either spread by the media to make people scared (scared people read/watch the news more!), or by people trying to sell "healthy" products.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
well between corn starch and talc i'd rather use the corn starch.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
i know this was mentioned before by Ayanna and others in flashchat, but keep in mind the ingredients in your baby powder. most generics contain talc powder which is known to cause cancer and pulmonary issues. i just threw out my bottle of walgreen's generic baby powder because it contained talc. so just a warning keep in mind what you put on your body and make sure it's safe.
This must be a phenomenon that occurs only in the US and probably south-east Asia. It's not a problem in Canada. I've not seen 'talc' in baby powder in YEARS! All of our baby powders (including the ones you can buy at the dollar store) are made of CORNSTARCH usually with added ingredients like Aloe and Vitamin E, or scents like Chamomile or Lavender. Johnsons is great at adding 'scents' to their baby powders...which I think should be outlawed, babies should smell like babies, not like little old ladies! (not to mention the fact that scented products give me migraines)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Oh what a crock of absolute shit. People have been using talcum powder for years and years and years. There haven't been any problems with it. In fact I'm sure we all had generous amounts of it doused on us when we were all babies. We had asbestos insulation and lead based paint on our cribs and toys too... and we all turned out just fine.

I hate this "everything causes cancer" culture that we are stuck in. Guess what... we are all mortal... and I don't think anyone has gone to the doctor and found out that they are dying b/c they used too much baby powder.

This outrageous concern over everything being super safe is turining everyone into a generation of softies/pussies/wusses. It's really rediculous if you think about it. Generations of humans have used these products with no problems... but now it's suddenly the worst thing in the world... gimme a break.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well baby powder can double up as insect repellent, because wasps and ants don't like it. And it's the talc that they don't like...

But, ants and wasps are stupid creatures, so I have no problem with talcum powder! :p
I heard that about 1/3 people die from cancer anyway (1/3 from heart problems, and 1/3 from everything else), so if you do get cancer it's probably not the powder.
I'm sure I would know about it already if talcum powder was really dangerous.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard!

Geez, we can't put baby powder on, or have MRIs without fear of cancer. I guess we'd better stop wearing diapers immediately, and be sure not to break our legs! [/sarcasm]

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Watch, the next article will be about how diapers themselves cause cancer. I'm sick of all this ridiculous bullshit that everyone who claims to be in science is spewing out. Of course, some things ARE known to cause health problems, but statistics alone do not PROVE that something causes cancer. Merely being alive causes cancer, and for all we know, walking down the street causes cancer, elevator rides cause cancer, rap music causes cancer, etc. [/sarcasm]

Deltaomega

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
In other words: No need for panic!
Peachy
Or as the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy says "Don't panic!" :D

Remember it is only known to cause cancer if you live in California, so if you do not live in California it will not cause cancer! :D (Don't take my word for that, I don't truthfully know but it seems everything known to the state of CA causes cancer these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.