• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

bbcode Spoiler insert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I was wondering >.>; would it be possible If we could have whats called a "spoiler" to use in the forums?

I learned about these from the Fox Tales Times
Where we could create A spoiler window in the post that would Hide the containing Text\Picture\Ect. within small minimized window until clicked to reveal and again to close.

I think it would be useful here in helping with a number of things

I myself could really use it to help with some of my Complex long drawn out posts
since I tend To rely on "( )" to separate out of context sentences and such
It could help hide things that are otherwise not too important to everybody reading and would then shorten the post and readers can read the stuff of interest without having to scroll down a long drawn out wall of words

It could also help with posting pictures since you can then choose which pictures you wanna see in the post, Thus also helping make everything easier and neater this would help a lot with Image macros, Like ones Kraiden is Known for ^.^
it would be cool.. you could list which spoiler contained which image again making it easier

I think It could be used as well in a thread that provides a Guide of some sort
like "Darkfins Diaper Reviews" or if somebody was giving info on a number of subjects people could open the spoiler that contained the info that they wanted, again saving people from having to scroll down a wall of words to find what they wanted

Or if some body was to post a story, or a description of something you could hide it within a spoiler for those who would otherwise not want to bother reading
Or you Could just use it how it called :p like giving a review of a movie and You hide the Spoiler in the Spoiler :D

I have even seen it being used in Signatures to contain info which would otherwise be too big to fit ^.^

I'm not sure if this feature exists yet here but I tried the code

[spoiler="Spoiler Description"]Text to be hidden (i.e. the spoiler)[/spoiler]

to see if it would work and it does nothing...

Again, I was just wondering if such is available here or could be added as a feature, I think many would Find it to be a very useful
"Space saver"\Post organizer"
I think it would be a Big help here

I know It would have been a big help in this post ^.^
and such a great idea IMO

Thanks,
Your Resident HouseKitten, Bobcat

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Actually that would be great! It's just whether such a thing exists or not. I've seen it before, but never on a VB forum.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yay spoiler code...I would like to have one...Could you just make your font color white though? I realize those using the darktheme might still see it though, if it would even work that is

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I will like to see A spoiler type feature. Its somewhat useful. I could see it being useful just to generally help tidy up posts. It would be nice to see them working in Sigs too. But I am not too sure about the 3 line rule, whether it would mess with that.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Bobcat said:
I have even seen it being used in Signatures to contain info which would otherwise be too big to fit ^.^
Yes please

I'd like to see spoiler tags implemented

Get rid of minuscule signature (line & picture) limits

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Get rid of minuscule signature (line & picture) limits
Knowing you and a few members, I don't necessarily want the threads that just contain 90% of peoples sigs. But I think doubeling the limit will be sufficient.

But let see if the spoiler Code lets us get round that by hiding it all. But We'll hear it from Moo. But I don't think it will be achieved easily so Moo will just leave the Sig limit as it is and we'll just have to live with it.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Knowing you and a few members, I don't necessarily want the threads that just contain 90% of peoples sigs
That's what spoiler tags are for

Don't misinterperate me I wasn't saying there shouldn't be a limit but I'd like an enlargement in the KB limit so I don't have to go out of my way and mess with different programmes just so I can use a modest signature picture without it looking like blurry and pixelated

Granted I have a hard-on for individuality and fabricting sig / ava stuff so feel free to not give a shit

Last edited:

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Spoiler --> ZOMG SPILERS
That worked extremely well.

I would love to see a spoiler code implemented. But making the text white did a damn good job by itself.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Spoiler --> ZOMG SPILERS

Exactly what I meant...Although the background of the site isn't exactly white, so to make it completely invisible, you would need the same color, which is just a little offwhite

Bobkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm Thinking It just makes a Little White Box that You can Click To open up into the Post
I think even in the dark theme it should stay white.. I use the dark theme.. I love it
the color scheme matches my computers theme as I have black stuff with babyblue text
and some parts with white :p

This is awesome tho even tho I expected to get positive reviews, I'm still surprised that I gotta Buncha people Whom agree ^.^;

and I enjoy my Sig Piccy :p
Just wish I could make it transparent backround
that way it actually looks like hes really laying there :p
Thats my SL avie, he's small enough to crop into a Sig Pic! ^.^

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
What's the big deal with all these stupid vB mods?

Code:
$text = preg_replace('/\[spoiler\](.*?)\[\/spoiler\]/i', '<span style="color: black; background-color: black;">\\1</span>', $text);
Problem solved.

--Danny :ninja:

Bobkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
o_O huh?
wait what?
wait.. WHOA..
*explodes*

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Knowing you and a few members, I don't necessarily want the threads that just contain 90% of peoples sigs

Don't misinterperate me I wasn't saying there shouldn't be a limit but I'd like an enlargement in the KB limit so I don't have to go out of my way and mess with different programmes just so I can use a modest signature picture without it looking like blurry and pixelated

Granted I have a hard-on for individuality and fabricting sig / ava stuff so feel free to not give a shit
There is as far as I can see no way to be able to force people to actually put that in a spoiler tag so I'm absolutely against that. i've seen a lot of forums where there is 1 line of text and a page of sig.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

I know what you are saying. I was talking about the limit in general. I think the 3 lines is way too little. I would like to have it upto 6 without using the spoiler tags. But I can live with 3. I said this just in case there are Technical problems with using spoilers in the sig that the software can't tell you are or are not going over that limit. So kind of a plan B.

But you raised a good point. In that I think Spoiler tags, when containing images. Should download the image when revealed. So it saves people from opening a page and waiting forever for it to load. Then can click on what images to load as they please. Rather than them all.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I've added it.
Please be responsible about how you use it.
If I see people using it irresponsibly, I'll take it away again.
Irresponsible use means things like:

• putting 'haha! I made you look!' at the bottom of a series of nested spoiler tags
  • using them in signatures to get around the 3 line limit

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Exactly what I meant...Although the background of the site isn't exactly white, so to make it completely invisible, you would need the same color, which is just a little offwhite
Until someone quotes it... which changes the background colour, so it shows up anyways.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
  • using them in signatures to get around the 3 line limit
Awww.... That was the only main thing I would of used it for. Oh well. I guess I'll have to think of other ideas. Not to break the rules. But to think out of the box so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.