Bath or shower?

wetnappyjon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Not sure if this should go here or in the inco section. But I really love baths. I know that probably every IC person always has a shower very day, or more often. For hygiene reasons that's obviously the right way to go, especialy if there's a messy backside to deal with. I do too but what I really love is to luxuriate in a long hot bath, maybe read a bit, and take my time. Not the most eco way of going about life of course and I don't do this every day. The downside is that the sound of running water, shower or bath, makes me pee uncontrollably so I have to be careful. Anyone else have opinions about this?

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater and Deleted member 69135
Do like to soak in a nice warm bubble bath on weekends, but a nice warm shower in morning is nice also !!!

• Love
Reactions: Babynie, Angelapinks, Edgewater and 1 other person
When I’m wearing 24/7 it’s often both, a shower to get cleaned-up then a bubble bath to just enjoy!

Reactions: Edgewater and Chloris
Living in Israel, baths are luxury, and not common for regular folk.

Being a water-short country, the smartest move was to condition the population to be naturally conservative with water. We even turn off the shower while lathering. Same for when doing the dishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, wetnappyjon and 1 other person
Were I live. I only have a shower, so no choice there.. but I do impose on my folks, at times, I love a relaxing soak in the bath.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and Edgewater
For daily hygiene, I enjoy showers. Then once every week or two, I like a nice soak in a bubble bath!

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater and Chloris
I shower two times a day, and take a mineral salts hot bath every two weeks.

been more the 60 years since i had a bath. I shower daily at least once usually before bedtime.. when i was in the workforce i also showered before work everyday.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
I do love a good bath! Doesn't happen very often and that has nothing to do with nappy use. Shower every day, nappies or not.

Shower. I think i have only used the tub in this house twice in the last 25 years.

Reactions: Edgewater
I don't remember taking a bath in forever, so I guess shower it is. :think:

For me, I love both! It just depends on time, diaper situation, and how I'm feeling..... Always a shower in the morning, due to time, off to work, and usually have a messy diaper and butt to deal with, so shower makes sense. At the gym, always a shower obviously. But I'm the evening I do enjoy a long soak in the tub! I'm rarely messy in the evenings, so it's just wet diapers and no issue jumping into the tub. So nice to take my time, get some fun soapy bubbles going, and just relax. It also makes it feel so comfy to dry off, then baby powder all over, and freshly diaper and off to bed!

Reactions: wetnappyjon, Angelapinks and Edgewater
Hot shower as it helps drive the pain of age out of my back and neck. It has been a very long time since I have enjoyed a bath.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Edgewater said:
Hot shower as it helps drive the pain of age out of my back and neck. It has been a very long time since I have enjoyed a bath.
A hot bath is wonderful for aching backs, believe me

Edgewater said:
I shower often but installed a deep soaker tub a few years ago as I do like a hot Spa bath with Epson salts and Bath Oils to ease the aches and pains. This was done after the mice and chipmonks chewed through the wires and piping on my hotub rendering it useless. Well I did get about 15 good years of service out of it for my bad back and arthritis issues.

Shower , doubt I could get out the bath if I soaked and relaxed in it

I prefer a shower, I’m not big by any means (6ft/14st) but I struggle to enjoy a regular sized bath.

When my neck gives me a hard time, I’ve had a two level anterior cervical fusion, I either soak in a really hot tub or crank the heat up in the shower so that after 10-15 minutes I come out looking like lobster I’m so red. Occasionally I’ve felt kind of quirky and got it a nice warm tub wearing my cloth diapers and plastic pants. It’s an interesting experience having the liquid trying to get In instead of the reverse. The hot water coming in over the top of the rear waistband, at the small of my back, is very stimulating. The one thing that I would hate to be without in my tub with shower is the handheld shower head with a 96” flexible line. It makes cleanup so much easier than a fixed shower head. That’s the nice thing about having a tub with a shower, you have the choice of either which is nice to have even if you don’t use it.

Reactions: Angelapinks, wetnappyjon and Edgewater
Rarely do I take a bath. Showers are easier. But...my partner loves them. And she's trying to get me to buy a hot tub. When I think about a hot tub,
it sounds nice. I've tried them and they really feel fun. All the hot bubbles:giggle:.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Angelapinks
I rarely take a bath, mostly it's just showers.

I just don't feel as clean taking a bath as a shower. Then again, it's hard to have a bubble bath with a shower!

• Haha
Back