• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Banned Members Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
So pics in the galleries from banned members remain in there...
Don't you think they should probably be taken down after a member is banned?

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Their posts on the forum aren't deleted (at least, not just by being banned), so why would their gallery pics be deleted?

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I dunno I thought it was weird coming across a pic of a member or rather creeper who got banned....

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Same goes for deleted members. Their posts and gallery uploads still remain.

Though, I guess deleted members left by their own actions and had a chance to flush their gallery beforehand, while banned members didn't. Plus the banned members (hehe.. band members) added their content to the community, and were aware of the rules and consequences when they signed up.

I say leave them up, I doubt the parted ones care that they've left a little history behind :p

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Aren't they wasting space? Like, server space.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I didn't know that. I think is important that their personal pictures should be removed, for two reasons.

One: They didn't have a chance to remove it themselves. Even if they did put it up freely, they might catch a bit of the old *B/DL paranoia and not want to risk being seen on a site like this. And let's face it: There's a small risk somebody will. Even if they were banned on account of being assholes they shouldn't have to risk that or be paranoid about it.

Two: Let's say that the person in question is a creep (like our old friend "MFH" for instance). Let's say somebody who recognizes him happened to see a picture of him here for whatever reason. That wouldn't be very good publicity for us, would it?

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Many other sites wipe all content from banned members, including uploaded photos and forum messages.

After reading so many well-researched posts on this topic, my suggestion is the safe action is to remove the uploaded material as well as forum messages when a member is banned. A person who decided to leave should still be able to e-mail our webmaster and request removal of his/her material.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I didn't know that. I think is important that their personal pictures should be removed, for two reasons.

One: They didn't have a chance to remove it themselves. Even if they did put it up freely, they might catch a bit of the old *B/DL paranoia and not want to risk being seen on a site like this. And let's face it: There's a small risk somebody will. Even if they were banned on account of being assholes they shouldn't have to risk that or be paranoid about it.

Two: Let's say that the person in question is a creep (like our old friend "MFH" for instance). Let's say somebody who recognizes him happened to see a picture of him here for whatever reason. That wouldn't be very good publicity for us, would it?
That's more than enough reason to remove the pictures upon banning.

B

BabyWolf

Posts: A person may still have made some good contributions. And it's important to keep some of their posts to track their IP addresses. It's also important to know WHY they were banned.

Pictures: A person may have uploaded seriously inappropriate content or content they may not wish to have up there forever. These should be deleted.

That's my opinion, then: leave their posts, delete their pictures.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Many other sites wipe all content from banned members, including uploaded photos and forum messages.

After reading so many well-researched posts on this topic, my suggestion is the safe action is to remove the uploaded material as well as forum messages when a member is banned. A person who decided to leave should still be able to e-mail our webmaster and request removal of his/her material.
I may agree on the pictures that they can be removed upon request (even a banned member should be able to email the webmaster). After all, some pictures can, indeed, become a problem for the reasons someone mentioned.

As far as posts go: I see no reason to delete them. If you post here, you're well aware that the posts become publicly visible, and by hitting the "submit reply"-button, you implicitly agree to publishing your post for as long as the forum/hosting exists. If a post contains certain information that, in retrospect, may become dangerous, the banned member may have a right to get it removed. But general chit-chat, like posting about your favorite food, is certainly not content that would have to be removed.
After all, when you write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper you can't have them remove your contribution from every printed issue by the time you stop subcribing to the paper. Once it's out there, it's out there, and you have no legal way to get it back.

Peachy

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think their pictures should be deleted. I don't think their photos should be in an area that they are no longer welcome in on the internet. Everyone should atleast be able to access their pictures that are on the internet, especially when they posted the pictures themselves. I'm sure it happens all the time where people have pictures of themselves on the internet that they can't access, but considering the content of this website, we shouldn't be a part of it. Once the member is no longer able to access their own picture, then their picture should be taken down. There's not really a purpose for banned members pictures to be there anyway.

Posts on the other hand, I think should stay since there shouldn't be any personal detail of the person in them, or atleast not much. Also if posts of banned members were deleted, some other posts might not make sense, if someone replied to a banned members post that is no longer there.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little

We have long since decided NOT to do that. When closing your account there is a warning, and you are left with the chance to delete your pictures from the gallery manually, we however do not honer requests by people to delete all the messages someone made. It requires a LOT of work as it's not only their posts that you have to delete, but also quoted stuff and stuff that makes no sense anymore. That's an other problem. You tear threads apart because threads are built one post on an other.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm pretty sure back on TBDL there was a discussion about the edit function being disabled after an amount of time, and someone (I forget who,) mentioned that it was also because you can't take back what you say in real life, so why should you be able to here? I agree. If you're going to post material, you know you're posting it, and it's going to stay.

That's why people have to be safe in the first place. I can see people wanting pictures and posts with personal information deleted especially if they need to become more private, but that's a lot of work not only on their part, but the admins part as well. But if you stay safe from the beginning, then we won't have this problem.

Not to mention you cant truly get rid of all of someones content. Someone would have quoted it, or saved pages, or something.

Basically put - you made the decision to post in the first place, so deal with it.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
More than that anything you put online - @ forums, Facebook, emails - the lot - you must consider in the public domain. Not all of it is available at hand; but it isn't necessarily hard to ferret out if it is gone after. Be cautious which toothpaste tubes you squeeze. Believe in karma. What posts around comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.