Bank of mum and dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Butterfly Mage

Not a red cent.

I love my mom, but she's never really had any money to give.

My dad is a millionaire but he never gave me a penny (although he gave my sister four cars and a Discover card that he paid down every month for five years).

I started working at age 14 since my dad was extravagant in giving himself things, but if I wanted food or clothes, I pretty much had to earn it myself. He tried to starve me to death between ages 10-12. I weighed 69 pounds when I was 12 years old.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I currently don't owe them anything, although as a gift to me they have decided to pay my accomodation at university, so I guess I currently owe them lots of good grades!

I've just paid off my laptop. I had intended to pay for it myself, by saving up, but my dad found a VERY good deal online and there was only a few left, so he agreed to pay it, if I paid him back by the end of the summer, which I've done :D

When I was living on my own, my parents also paid my deposit on my flat, which *was* technically a loan, although when I paid it back my parents said they hadn't been expecting it.

So, zilch right now :)

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I'm presuming your not counting pocket money. Then the answer is:

None.

I get most of my money from Christmas birthdays. Plus I got €400 for a month's work this year.[/font]

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In my lifetime? Probably way more than I could ever afford to pay back.

But, if they didn't spend it on me, what else would they spend it on? A boat? A vacation home in Hawaii? I think not.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I don't owe them anything that I know of but I'm going to give my dad $500 when I get the money to cover some of my new bike. He hasn't asked for me to pay but something that big I think I owe him alittle.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not too proud to admit that my parents have paid for likely thousands of dollars for me when I've been down, out, and struggling for money.

I've always been raised with a very solid work ethic and an understanding of money responsibility. My parents never bought me a car because it was my responsibility to get a job to pay for it, to pay for insurance, and to pay for gas. I've always saved, bought what I wanted, and paid for my bills.

My mother and father are not loaded, but I've always been encouraged to ask if I ever needed help with anything. While it's not something I've ever taken advantage of, there have been times where it's happened, i.e., when bills were high and I had been laid off from my job in 2006, when my cat needed an emergency surgery, when my car crapped out on me and I had just gotten an entirely separate repair not a few weeks prior.

I hope that one day I can pay off these amazing courtesies. My father's V.A. benefits also pay for my college education, which I am endlessly grateful for. They're both getting older (my father is 78 and my mother is 64), so I do my best to return the love and help through other means -- I'm over there every weekend doing house maintenance, mowing the lawns, etcetera etcetera. Like I know I can always talk to them when I need help, they know too that they can always call me whenever they need something.

I'm very thankful for what my parents have done for me, and I hope one day, I can give my own children that security. There would be nothing I'd rather spend my money on.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
In my family, we don't count money like that(Lol, micro-communist community almost :p), everyone just uses money as they desire, as long as they don't spend too much, or spend too often!

Role
  1. Private
I currently don't owe them anything, although as a gift to me they have decided to pay my accomodation at university, so I guess I currently owe them lots of good grades!

I've just paid off my laptop. I had intended to pay for it myself, by saving up, but my dad found a VERY good deal online and there was only a few left, so he agreed to pay it, if I paid him back by the end of the summer, which I've done :D

When I was living on my own, my parents also paid my deposit on my flat, which *was* technically a loan, although when I paid it back my parents said they hadn't been expecting it.

So, zilch right now :)
This, really, is the best way to go. I'm glad to hear/see this, and everyone will be the better for your actions with respect to money.

So how much do you owe to the bank of mum and dad?
Currently, $0.00.

Over the years, I've been helped out and have managed to pay everything back that was a "loan" and most things that were not.

I've got $2,000 in checks sitting in my filing cabinet, waiting for a use--like the "I don't want to live in a box" fund--that I'll repay my parents for.

I really, REALLY don't like to mix money and family or money and friends; hence my waiting until it's Box City for me to cash these checks from my parents.

Gotta run!

H.

Little ollie

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I myself owe about 400-500 pounds to my mum, though to my dad I owe nothing as he dosen't want it back. I do plan on paying back though I am broke always normally.

Scratchpaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
In my family, we don't count money like that(Lol, micro-communist community almost :p), everyone just uses money as they desire, as long as they don't spend too much, or spend too often!

Being the offspring of a communist, I know how it goes. We all have our own money, but we really don't mind lending each other any amount without any hassle as long as it's paid back "some time". That way neither of us really run out of money, and we always pay each other back.

Mostly people owe me money though--about 700 from my sister atm, and my parents recently asked me to borrow them 3,000--as I am the one in the family with the least expenses and a cheap government student loan to back me up. :tongueout:

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
lol i owe my dad like 2000 dollars still, plus i got to pay him for my insurance he is paying for me

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
My mom? Nothing at the moment. I pay her back if I borrow anything (even a dollar or two) but I usually don't since she doesn't really have it, and I have my own money.

If I need big chunks of money my extended family helps me out. I currently owe my Great-Aunt 1,500 because she loaned it to me for the first semester of school. I have it al in savings, so I could pay her back, she just told me to keep it in case I ever need it.... so if she wants it she can have it. So it's still a debt, technically.

That's all, though. :)

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
3247$

I shit you not. That is for a new computer, bed, tv, speakers (RCA), Clothing, Schooling, A bike, and some more.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I rarely rarely borrow money from my parents, since for most of teenage life I've had a job (or rather 2 jobs) so it's not necessary.

Thinking about it, I do actually owe my mum quite a lot of money for rent cheques she's given me, although I'm not sure this really counts as I'll have paid her back before they get cashed. (Borrowed out of convenience; didn't have a cheque book and needed some cheques...)

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They bought me a car and paid for my first year of college when they certainly do not have the money. I was never told I had to pay them back, but when I do get a real job after college I plan on paying back what I can.

Little ollie

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I rarely rarely borrow money from my parents, since for most of teenage life I've had a job (or rather 2 jobs) so it's not necessary.

Thinking about it, I do actually owe my mum quite a lot of money for rent cheques she's given me, although I'm not sure this really counts as I'll have paid her back before they get cashed. (Borrowed out of convenience; didn't have a cheque book and needed some cheques...)

I see what you did there. :p

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I don't currently owe anyone anything. No, wait, I think there are 50 Euros of open charges on one credit card, but that'll be paid off with the next bill.

I don't owe my parents anything either.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
On paper I owe my parents nothing. In reality I owe them more than I could ever repay. The love, support, and guidance they have provided me through the years is not quantifiable in monetary terms.

That said, I am going to have to side with the sentiment that others here have expressed. I never mix family or friends with money. Its just a bad idea. My personal motto is to never lend someone money that I am not willing to give them and write off.

Status
Not open for further replies.