Bambinos critique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just curious - am I the only one that doesn't like the Bambinos "tape landing" on the front of the diaper? I know it serves a purpose and all (so the tapes wont rip the plastic) but I just dont like it.

monkster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Yeah, I'm not too big of a fan of it, it's kinda stiff.

But it still looks cute ^.^

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Personally I think it's great. The tapes almost never come undone and you can refasten them many times. There are few diapers for which this can be said :p.

Look-wise, I think it's fine, but I'd like to see an updated print on the classico.

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
At first I didn't like how thick the landing strip was. Now I don't mind since it makes the diaper more durable and the few times I need to refasten, it works well.

The strip also helps me for consistent tab placement. I always know the best spot to place them based on the strip.

My critique is that I always have to trim the inside of the leg on the rear - below the tapes. It's just a flappy piece of plastic that makes more noise than I like.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
if you have an issue don't use babinos is what i say i mean through the testing that others have put them through it seems to work better.

GundamMeister7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I love them because i think i remember diapers when I was a baby looking like that. though i cant remember being in them :( but oh well. I like bambinos.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
As previously noted, the landing zone does serve a purpose. And frankly, I much prefer this method, with its almost limitless refastening, than that of Abena or Molicare. I can never seem to get a diaper taped just right on the first try, and with those other two you can pretty much set it and thats it.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As many others have said... the "landing zone" does its job quite well. The Secure/Bambino line are the only plastic diapers I know of that can be refastened multiple times. Most other brands are once and done.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I hate the way it looks/feels, but it really does the job well. (one of the many reason which make bambinos superior)

Heven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The landing zone is my biggest beef with Bambinos. I'm not opposed to landing zones in principle, though. It's their particular execution that's the problem. Basically, it's *way* too thick. The rest of the plastic is pleasantly soft, but the landing zone makes the front really stiff, and it tends to cut into my legs.

If you've ever had the luck to try a Euro Tena Slip, you'd know that landing zones don't necessarily have to be thick. The Slip's landing zone serves the exact same function as that of the Bambino, but it's so thin and flexible that you barely notice it. If Bambino could do something to mimic the feel, I'd be a lot happier with them.

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I think the landing zone is one of the best features of the Bambino, not only does it look cute, but I love the way it crinkles sometimes. It really doesn't compare to any other diaper I've tried so far.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can care less about the printed pattern. I do have to say it does it's job well and is one of the best out there. I do think it is too big and makes the diaper stiffer than it needs to be. I would like to see it smaller. The other down side it that it makes the diaper too loud to wear around the house when others are around.

Status
Not open for further replies.